3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Greetings from Toronto! (I'm a newbie) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/35656-greetings-toronto-im-newbie.html)

SF_mommy 01-23-2004 08:02 PM

Greetings from Toronto! (I'm a newbie)

Hey everyone!
I am new to the Beach and am already loving it! I can already freel the warmth... My name is Jenn and I'm 26 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years and I have a 2.5 year old son, Ali, who keeps me on my toes 24/7 and is truly a blessing (sometimes in disguise!). I have a few courses left to complete my BA in Linguistics. I used to work at a gym doing customer service, which was awesome because I worked out every day and was really motived but I decided I watnted to spend more time with my son so I quit.

Now I spend my days fingerpainting, playing with play-doh, blowing bubbles and reading lots of books (often the same one 6 times a day), and just having lots of fun being a mom! I plan to homeschool Ali and have already started laying down the foundation. We really enjoy learning together. You'd never believe how much there is to learn from a 2 year old.

As for weight - well, I've been heavy since I was around 5. My weight has consumed me for as long as I can remember. The only diet that ever worked for me up until now was Atkins but I always felt so horrible while on it - constipation, headaches, unbelievable cramps in my legs... the list goes on. I actually just switched from Atkins to SBD 1 week ago and really feel like I'm in heaven. Not to have to count out my cups of vegetables every day is a blessing! :lol:

I've been lurking :cool: in here for about a week now and think you guys are just awesome. I love the support and friendship and would love to be a part of that! Today is day 14 of my new way of eating and I have lost a total of 13.5 pounds and am thrilled! :cp:

Anyway, I should probably run. I just wanted to say hello.

Take care,
Jenn :)

chazmom 01-23-2004 08:13 PM

Welcome Jenn!!! :D

Deets 01-23-2004 08:52 PM

Hi, Jenn!! :wave:

Welcome to the SBD! :cool: We are so glad to meet you, and look forward to you posting in the "Dailys." Lots of support, and information shared around here + we have fun together! That's the best part! ;)

Come back often!
sharon :dance:

Bamiegurl 01-23-2004 09:00 PM

Hey welcome to the beach where the waters always warm and the company is always friendly! :) I have only been on the beach a couple of days myself but feel right at home. ;) Looking forward to seein ya around the beach hangin out! :cool:

Ruthxxx 01-23-2004 10:09 PM

Welcome to The Beach. Hey, great weightloss over the two weeks! (You wouldn't happen to live in The Beaches in Tranna, would you? It would be appropriate.)

sflake 01-24-2004 08:13 AM

Hi Jenn :wave: Welcome!

ellis 01-24-2004 08:29 AM

Welcome, Jenn!! :wave: You're doing so well!