South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:56 AM   #1  

Question New and doing the switch

Hello everyone,

I have been atkins for about 50 days, but after reading about South Beach I feel it is a safer, healthier, and better way to go. I have ordered the book, yet to receive it. My question is since I have been on Atkins do I still do the phase one? The last couple of days I have been cheating a bit on Atkins, thinking I will get back on track when the books comes in. Should I get back on track now till the book gets here? Or just be carefull and start with the phase one when I get the book. I do know one thing I have felt really bad every time I cheat. It is like the old way of eating does not agree with my stomach any more.

Thanks for such a great forum
Lady grey
Old 10-05-2003, 06:08 AM   #2  
Mous

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

You could try Phase 2 since your body has detoxified from doing Atkins.

www.prevention.com has lots of info there.

Please join us at the DAILY, the bootcamp, Just Chat, and our NEW MSN board and lets get to know each other.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Enjoy your day.

Lady
Old 10-05-2003, 06:57 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Welcome, Lady Grey! Phase 1 might give you a chance to really learn about SBD, but the book can tell you everything you need to know. I hope you body likes this WOL better than Atkins!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Lady Grey. I agree completely - this is a better way to eat.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:38 AM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Welcome to you, Lady Grey!!!1

So glad to have you join our group. This is the healthiest WOE yet.....and I know you will find lots of information, and daily motivation right here!

Glad you're getting into the "swim" here on the Beach!

~Sharon
Old 10-05-2003, 11:34 AM   #6  
Fighter

I did the same thing -- I was on Atkins Induction for a while when I decided to switch to SBD. I just stuck with Atkins until I got the book, then I transitioned into Phase I. I was thinking I would still lose around 8lbs, LOL, but that was not so. I don't think Phase I really did me a ton of good, I may as well have jumped right into Phase II, but I DID start losing weight again. I think that may have more to do with the fact that I increased my exercise, but hey. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-05-2003, 02:17 PM   #7  

Welcome Lady Grey! this is a great site, lots of info and support. Jump right in and join us, you'll be glad!
:grouphup:
Old 10-05-2003, 04:19 PM   #8  

Hey thanks everyone,

Ya'll sure know how to make a person feel welcomed. I do think I am going to love it here.

big ole thanks
ladygrey
Closed Thread