South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 05:49 AM   #1  
Mous

Red face Eating with Others at the Beach DAILY 9/1

Don't be red in the face when you bring something from home, BE PROUD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When faced with the "Oh NO, I have to eat out, at a friend's/family home, or at the buffet, PLAN PLAN PLAN.

If you can, talk with your host, call the restaurant, and be prepared.

Take a baggy filled with your sweetner, a pack or small jar of salad dressing and anything else you may need.

Be honest with your hostess. She would much rather have you ask than eat like a mouse and make her feel like you didn't like her recipes.

Offer to bring something.

When you eat with others is a fine time to set examples.

Food choices come into play at a buffet.

REMEMBER the 3 bite rule when faced with something that you want, but shouldn't have.

DON'T take the attitude it is only one meal. Talk and act.
Use the E+R=O.

Do your best and focus on conversation instead of the food.

Talk more, put your fork down between bites and leave something on your plate.

You CAN & WILL have a good time eating with others if you have a plan and are prepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Down one pound.....may have been more, I was using a flash light and of course it weighs some! LOL hee hee, and it was DARK in the house, BUT I am going with the one pound and not the 1 1/2 pound!!
(DH was asleep and I didn't want to turn the light on to wake him AND I want to weigh at the same time, same NO clothes, same day.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great Labor Day. Have Jerry on and he has 9M right now at 3:30 A.M.

Hugs,

Marcie
Old 09-01-2003, 06:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Absolutely dead on about eating with others, Marcie. People usually do NOT notice what you eat. Buffets are great for this! Load up on that bulky green salad. Dinner parties are more difficult, especially those where the plates are "composed" and put in front of you. Helping serve the plates sometimes lets you give yourself a smaller serving - add extra parsley.

Yesterday was a good day. I was OP all day and walked over 10,000 steps. My dogs are great walking companions except people keep stopping us to admire them and ask what breed they are. I need to print up little brochures to hand out! With all the walking and visiting, I did not get my salsa even started so that's first on the agenda this morning.

Have a super Labour Day - without too much labour!
Old 09-01-2003, 06:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Congrats on the pound, Marcie!!

Funny, eating out is one time when I DON'T overeat. I'm too embarrassed to have people witness me chowing down. (Ruth, no comments about when we go out for dim sum with Mauvais) I always want to load up a plate and hide in a corner somewhere with a book, but I'm VERY conscious of people looking at me and thinking, "Why is that fat girl eating so much?"

Ruth, I love your brochure idea.

Went out yesterday to get a battery for my pedometer and forgot to bring the darned thing with me. Ended up buying a new pedometer. DH was with me, and was NOT impressed that I was buying a new one, but if I'd had to go home again and check the battery size, I would have CRIED!! Actually I did cry when I got in the car and DH was very sweet to me.
Anyhow, I feel much more in control with a pedometer clipped on my pants again. I've gained a pound, but tomorrow is the start of school, and I'm going to get my life back!!

Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:27 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, your DH would be sweet to Ilsa Queen of the SS! Hmmmm - so now you have two pedometers. Will you sell me one for Hershey?
Old 09-01-2003, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Congrats on the one pound loss. I am in my 2nd week of Phase I and lost 3 lbs...at first I was a lil disappointed, but figured at least it was a loss and not a gain. Every little lb gone is a lifesaver.

Luckily I have not gone out to eat since I started the SBD. But I know I would do ok. DH and I were watching tv the other night and noticed that p-zones are back at Pizza Hut...and I just love them! He asked me if I wanted that for supper and I said no, but you can get one for yourself.

I hope everyone has a great day! I have another day off from work
Old 09-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Morning All!

First of all thanks so much to all for your kind words. It really did make a difficult weekend better. It was very nice, the whole family being together. I didn't eat much over the weekend suprisingly, but what I did eat wasn't exactly op...lets just say comfort food. Anyhoo I am back and ready to go!

I always feel like people are sizing me up in the grocery store...Like she really needs those snacks. When in reality no one probably even notices what I have in my cart. As I don't notice what is in theirs.

Ruth what a good idea about the brochure. I can't walk very far or fast with my dog...he likes to stop at every tree, signpost what have you.

Ellis~ Hugs sweetie, hang in there, Tuesday is coming! Then you will have the house ALL TO YOURSELF!

Have a sensatioinal day
Old 09-01-2003, 10:11 AM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Happy September Beach Beauties!! Another glorious day off from work.....4 days in a row.....I could sure get used to this!!

Marcie, you are SO right about planning. Thinking and planning ahead is key! Congratulations on your loss!! I had to laugh when you said that you weighed yourself in the dark using a flashlight! Very ingenious way to do it without waking your DH.

Ruth, sounds like you had a Fabulous day yesterday! 10,000 steps is tremendous!!!! I've worn my new pedometer to work and around home a couple of times, and after seeing how many steps I take in a normal day, I have an increased respect for just how many steps 10,000 are!! Good For You!!!!

Ellis, I'm with you on the eating out thing. I very rarely ever overeat or eat the wrong thing when eating out or with other people. My hardest times are when I eat alone (and considering that I'm single, that is pretty hard to avoid). And you DESERVE to have two pedometers!! You never know when you may need a backup! Hang in there, Tuesday's almost here!

Ms24Gal, it sounds like you are off to a wonderful start!! Good for you!!!!

Hi sflake! I'm glad your weekend with your family went well. And I know exactly what you mean about the grocery store....although lately I've been hoping that people have been noticing what's in my cart, since I've been buying only healthy food....I'm proud of what's in my cart lately rather than trying to hide the bags of candy and chips underneath the toilet paper!!

Enjoy your Labor Day everyone!! I have Jerry Lewis on my TV right now....even though I don't really watch the telethon much anymore, it's kind of comforting and brings back happy memories...we always had the telethon on when I was growing up....nostalgia and all that...
Old 09-01-2003, 11:30 AM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Morning, Ladies! (at least for another 45 minutes!) Getting a late start here...took some ME time late last night and did my nails which is always a major task for me. Promptly took all the polish off this morning.

Marcie, what great advice! It can be such a challenge to face a menu full of NON plan food...but planning ahead can make it manageable. I find that most times people are really proud of me for making healthy choices. Now if I could only be that strong at home all the time!

Ruth-you and your girls ROCK! You should get some little "calling cards" printed up for the girls...There are a couple of places online you can get them for free. It would be too cute to hand those out while on your walks!

Ellis-I find that now that I have lost weight I am not as self-conscious about eating in public. But everyone I know knows I am "on a diet," (their words, not mine!) so am still more likely to stay OP around them. I was thinking about you comments about the contents of people's grocery carts. I don't ever pay attention to what is in someone else's cart (unless I get behind them in line and it is overflowing!) But I am always conscious of what is in mine! It can be a source of pride...I love it when it is full of veggies, lean meats, low-fat dairy...and not a morsel of junk in sight! I look at the cart and say "Now THAT'S what a healthy person's cart looks like!" Okay, I'm weird.

Ms24-Whooo Hoooo...you resisted the dreaded Pzone demon! Good for you!

sflake-so glad the weekend was good for you. And that you are ready to get back to the beach, too. Taking good care of ourselves only helps us deal with the tough times, don't you think?

2dog-enjoy Day Number 4 of your mini-vacation! I took an extra day off this weekend, and it is so nice! I don't get holidays off so if I want a 3 day weekend I have to MAKE one!

Lots to do, very little time today! Best of everything to all my friends on the beach!
Closed Thread