Had lots of chocolate... Will start day 1 again tomorrow

• I guess these past 6 days were some form of dress rehersal for the "real"phase 1 starting tomorrow. My book is waiting for me at the local post office and will have my breakfast and pic it up tomorrow. It's funny but something feels different this time around. Even though I blew it big time, I do not feel guilty, nor a big fat failure. It was humanly impossible to resist all the snack size bars late at work and for the first time in a while, I enjoyed the "high" we feel after eating chocolate (I never felt it much since I ate chocolate all the time). Of course now I feel like going to bed, I have no energy, but I'm ready to start again tomorrow.
    CM
  • branquinha-I'm really glad to hear that your attitude about the process is so positive!

I think we all go through something like what you are feeling right now. If you look at how slim people eat, you will see that they can have a "treat" and then go back to healthy eating immediately afterwards! I remind myself of that whenever I eat something that isn't "on plan." This way of eating certainly isn't an "all or nothing" proposition, and I love that!

So, if you feel like starting fresh with phase 1 tomorrow, that is fine. But remember that you didn't "blow it," and you can choose to move ahead!

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
  • Always remember the 3 bite rule. You can choose to have "some" of the things that you shouldn't. DON'T think that you have to deprive yourself. Like Franny said, you can start over, or just move on.
    Good for you for telling us ans not stressing over it.

Lady
  • When I feel like I just have to have some chocolate I indulge myself with one of the Atkins low carb treats. Especially the peanut butter cups. 3 little cups and 2 carbs. I know they have the wrong kind of fat, but these ar emergency rations. And I figure that has to be better than a Snickers bar.

Branquinha- As you are finding out, on this plan attitude counts for a whole lot in our success. Keep up the good work. Ann
  • Agree with Lizziepie
    I eat one of the sticks in the Atkin's peanut butter wafer crisps bar. Two sticks are 120 cals so will have both when I really need to be bad. I'm sure these aren't 100% legal but it's better than eating a candy bar.

darlene