South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily Thread, 4-19

Newman's Extra Bold in my mug this morning. Mmmmmmmm. Want some?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #2  

Hellooooooooo? Is anybody awake?

I guess I'll have to drink this all on my own.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I have a pot of Vermont Coffee Company full city roast but I'll happily sit with you for awhile
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Folgers Vanilla Biscotti and I'm not sharing! Good morning, Cyndi!

Cloudy but pretty sunrise and just 32F out there but still a lovely morning. The lawns look good this morning since they got thoroughly raked yesterday by the "lads". Now I can do the "fun" gardening instead of fretting about that cruddy task.

My neighbour Moel came over and in two minutes "fixed" my large BBQ which I didn't use at all last summer. Luckily I had cut up and marinated two large pork tenderloins and had lots of salad stuff and sweet potatoes. He and Liz and I had an impromptu supper - the first BBQ of the season for me. We ate indoors because it was quite cold and the darn blackflies are here! These are the small gnats, not the regular black flies, and are a real nuisance since they get in your hair and eyes.

Trash is ready and waiting to go to the curb and my kitchen is organized and ready for the baking marathon. I won't list what I'm making but I promise to do no testing. I'll get at it mid-morning as I need to pay my Mill folks and might check out the "news" at the Diner. (I'll send your love to Vic, Cottage!)

Wishing everyone a mentally delicious Thursday whatever you do.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #5  

Good morning, Cyndi. I noticed that Vermont Coffee is available in K-cups. I'll have to check it out.

Ruth, don't be stingy! Vanilla Biscotti is one of my favorites when I want a flavored coffee. Unfortunately, I'm all out. But I do have Golden French Toast and Caramel Drizzle. Your impromptu BBQ sounded fun, especially with such good dinner companions. Oh, and tell Vic I said "hi".

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-19-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, that vanilla sounds lovely! I just have folger's black silk, which is good enough for me! (and I have one of those old fashioned 12 cup coffee makers!) LOL

I'm meeting a friend for breakfast (it's my birthday!! hers was last week!) at our favorite place...then for a full day of work (darned it). I'll make up for it this weekend .
Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Cottage, (yes I'll drink some if there's some left!) Ruth, and CyndiM Sunny but cold here, hope it warms up quickly.

I made the Bean muffins last night, they are ... interesting

Yesterday's trip to the homestead actually was a WIN, as I found 3 dinner plates of a pattern that I'm in love with Very old (mid to late 1800's I believe) and just so very eclectic and interesting to me. Plus, they were the dinnerware that was being used on the farm when my grandparents bought it. Apparently they bought everything..furnishings and even the food that was in the pantry! Anyway, I think my aunt had these plates stashed away for herself or her kids, but when she learned that I coveted them, she dug them out for me.

Hello to the Beachers that come here later and I don't seem to ever address you! KellyJ, weezle, Sophie, jekel.

*edited to add Happy Birthday Twynn!! hope you have an extra nice day

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-19-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good Morning and Happy Birthday Tywnnb. Hope it wArms up for you today.

Early morning up at 3:45 out the door by 5 for work whoo hoo!

Holly, were the bean muffins worth the effort to make? I saw a bean brownie recipe and well I must admit I don't think I am that desperate yet lol.

Ruth I feel for you, we get black flies here too, usually in June, nasty annoying little buggers.

Hope everyone enjoys their day. On a side note I made the eggplant lasagna last night and my teenage son devoured it!!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

LOL - green tea here. Boring. But maybe it really does all the great things for me that the experts say it can do!

I work for a few hours today. Have to get to the library to pick up some things I reserved. Haven't thought beyond that. We are expecting storms, last I heard, so I'm hoping they hold off until I'm back home. DS still has heard back on his apartment application so I sent him an email suggesting he follow up. So hard to let go of being a helicopter mom.

Enjoy your day.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

jekel - I'm still undecided on the muffins..how indecisive is that, lol. I think I'll put them in the freezer, for when I am 'dying' for an evening treat. I am tempted to try the brownies.

good morning Karen!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm drinking reheated organic rainforest blend from yesterday. Since I can't taste anything and have limited energy it seemed easy. I'm just looking for caffeine today.

I am much "less sick" than I was yesterday. I tried to find a sub for work but unfortunately I'm working today for a coworker who is in SFO. I absolutely hate people who go to work sick but unfortunately this is an operation that doesn't work-one man short. I'll just do everything I can do to stay away from everyone. Ug.

Kirk is in Glenwood, which makes it easier here. I'm going to try and get some paperwork done before I leave-wow-time flies, I only have an hour.

Holly and jekel, the first time I tried the bean brownies I was on P1 and they didn't do much for me. As time goes on and I've adapted to healthy eating I often prefer the brownies or muffins made with beans.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #12  

Happy Birthday, Tammy! Enjoy your day!

Karen, I drink lots of green tea from noon on, but have to have my coffee in the mornings to get me going. I hope your son gets some good news about his apartment soon!

Holly, your dishes sound lovely and will make for some nice memories of your grandparents every time you use them.

Jeckel, I love the Bean Brownies, especially with a dollop of yogurt or Cool Whip. They make for a satisfying treat when everyone else is eating cake.

Debbie, I hope you start feeling better soon. But reheated coffee doesn't do much for me. Hope you can get some rest today.

I had to walk Amber up to the bus stop since she was running late this morning. I sympathize with her for wanting to sleep in, but she has to understand that she disrupts everyone's schedule when she doesn't get up on time. But it's a pretty morning and I did enjoy the walk in the fresh air.
Now it's time to scramble to get my lunch packed and get myself off to the farm.

Have a super OP day!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Oh-forgot this morning to say how grateful I am for all of you here. You are the foundation of my ability to stick w/SBD. My bro posted pics on FB last night of his wedding in 2004. Ouch. Love the memory of the event but the pics are a bit humbling.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #14  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Wow! You're a bunch of busy ladies this morning! Even though I've been up for just about 4 hours, I'm just now feeling awake.

Gotten everyone up and dressed and fed and where they need to go and handled a few fires at work already. We have a lot of transitions going on right now and I'll be so relieved when they're done so I can go back to my boring little routines at work. As it is today I have auditors here all day and meetings this afternoon. Tball & Softball for my kids started last night as well so it'll be 4 nights a week I'm running. Better stock up on some quick SBD dinner recipes or start batch cooking on the weekends if I want any hope of staying on plan.

Have a great day all & a Happy Happy Birthday to Twynn!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am in class today and it starts in 4 minutes so gotta rush. Been busy trying to finish up everything before we leave for Orlando on Saturday since I will be gone til the following Sunday.

Hope everyone is doing well, it looks to be a beautiful day here, atleast this class has a big window to look out.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Closed Thread