South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #1  
back on track

S/C/G: 175/175/135-145

Height: 5'6.5"

Question South Beach Diet Books...which ones to choose?

Ohh my goodness ...I just looked at Barnes and Noble online and entered "south beach diet cookbook"...here are the results, all written by Arthur Agatston MD:

- The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss
- The South Beach Diet Cookbook
- The South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook
- The South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook
- The South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook
- The South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook
- The South Beach Diet RECIPES and TIPS
- The South Beach GOOD FATS GOOD CARBS GUIDE
- The South Beach Diet Wake-Up Call
- The South Beach Diet Heart Program
- The South Beach Diet Heart Health Revolution

- The South Beach Diet Super Charged?

(^ Is there a dramatic difference between the regular SBD and Super Charged version? Has anyone tried it? Also, are the recipes as good?)

I definitely don't have the money to buy alll of those cookbooks, but I can probably get 3-4. Which ones have you tried and liked? Do the recipes overlap or are they all different in each book?
April2Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The first and last 5 books on your list are about the South Beach Diet plan, although there are some recipes in them. If you want a basic cookbook, I'd recommend The South Beach Diet Cookbook. It has a wide variety of meals and menus for each phase of the plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including desserts. The other cookbooks speak for themselves, depending upon what you are looking for.

As for what book you should read, the difference between the regular South Beach Diet book and Supercharged is that Supercharged has all the latest updates and also includes some exercises.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Yep, lots of info....to my knowledge, SBD Supercharged would be the book which has the most current updates about the plan as a whole. I see the original SBD book in thrift stores all the time and I have several copies.

I have checked out many of the recipe books at my library in the past and might suggest that you see if your local library has any of them so you could peruse.

For me, I find that I don't use many of the recipes from the cookbooks. There are plenty of great recipes here which come with reviews from our Beachers.

ETA-I have the SBD Heart Program, which I also picked up at a thrift store. It has lots of what I would call medical details, which didn't really offer me lots of info about how to follow this plan.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-19-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote