New recipe website to check out

• from Kalyn: Slow Cooker from Scratch
    I've already found a few recipes to try right away. it combines two of my favorite things - Kalyn and my slow cooker
  • Thank you! I will check it out!
  • Two of my favorite things too!

I am going to veggie-fy this one: Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili

And whaaaaaat? Sassy Sweet Potato Chowder? Yum!

• Oh, thank you thank you thank you!!
  • So are all the recipes on this site SB friendly, or do I have to watch it?
  • I got a slow cooker...crock pot for my wedding gift and never even took it out the box...lol.
  • I love my slow cooker. I use it for soups all the time. I've already made a bunch of recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen and they have been great so I'll definitely try some of these.
  • Chickadee - I figure we always have to read recipes for ourselves just to be safe.

Enit - get that thing out of the box and check out either those recipes or some of our
    Phase 1 and Phase 2 The crockpot is a really nice time saver. When I was working a crazy on the road job I always prepped a couple of things I liked on weekends to use for meals during the week. It's so convenient, healthy, and much less expensive than fast take out stuff.

Don't forget to tell us about any really good finds
  • I'm with Cyndi! I use my crock pot several times a week. Today, I'm putting ham and bean soup in it, earlier this week was mexican fiesta casserole. Yummy! I can't wait to check the site out!
  • I love my crockpot! So easy. For many dishes, I don't even saute first, just dump everything in and it turns out great (spit pea soup, for example).

I made the white bean pumpkin chili, linked above. It's pretty good! I did make it veggie (texturized soy protein - my first time using this and I have to say that they worked way better for me than the commercial veggie crumble-type products, that taste very chemical-y to me) so there might be some flavor imparted by the ground turkey meat in the original recipe. I boosted the flavor of mine with a splash of soy sauce and a spoonful of tomato paste. But even my carnivore husband approved! I don't think he realized there was pumpkin in it; it is an orange-ish color but the pumpkin flavor is not strong at all. Nice boost of Vitamin A though!
  • Why do they package ground turkey (and chicken) in such odd amounts?! The one at my store today was 19.2 ounces. I'd have to buy two for that chili recipe and then have a weird amount leftover. And it was expensive. So... I left the store without it.
  • Really Karen? My ground turkey is sold by the pound!

I am making the lemon-garlic chicken and white bean stew only with chicken breast tomorrow.
  • Made the Lemon Garlic Stew and it was DELICIOUS Cyndi so thank you!

It's really yummy! I added 3 cups of stock and in the last 40 minutes of that first three hours, I added a cup of brown rice. I also made it with chicken tenders (breast) instead of thighs and omitted the starch and added a bit of the bean water to thicken. It was/is really good! Could use a touch of salt.