Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default New Week - New Start 8/20-8/26

Nice clean pages for a new week!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #2  

OK, gone back over the week and got caught up. I'm excited by the new challenge for Thanksgiving. Just think, if we all lost 1/2 a pd each week - we'll be down a clothes size by then, lose more you'll be down more. Reading the posts I missed, it seems we all need some motivation (me included!). One thought I had is for each of us to try a new receipe every week. I do find when I add in new foods I tend to do better - get me out of my food rut, which leads to picking and not writing things down. What do you all think? If we all try something new then post if we like it......

Sandra, congrats to you and Curtis on your tournament placement! Great job, sounds like it was a lot of fun. I didn't realize you were going to be RV retirees - my sister and BIL are selling their house next year, adding an inlaw to my neices house. That will be there base. They already have their RV and spend most free time somewhere different. Its great that your son will have you be based there as well. Is he close to where you are now? In regard to the clothes, I had 4 outfits this summer that I could not squeeze myself into. What I did do earlier is try on a bathing suit I wanted to wear saw how bad it looked and then kept it out. (Did this last spring). I did get into it. Maybe try something like that as inspriation - find something you loved last winter and work to get back into it. Just a thought.

Rhonda, congrats on losing daily. Keep it up! I too track my weight daily. Lets me know when I need to adjust before its too late. Our dog was on arthritis meds as well (9 1/2 year old lab) Two summers ago he got Rocky Mountain Spotted fever and he ended up slightly arthritic from it. He was on a prescription from Sept to January. He ended up getting bad, bad diareah from the meds so we took him off. We do give him one now and again when he is stiff and in pain. What has worked is daily gloucosimine tablets. This past week he was swimming and running all over the beach. I thought for sure he would be stiff the next day but he wasn't.

Patti, my flowers are very sad as well. I soaked them before I left, but they just look sad. I think its time to get new ones that will last through the fall. Congrats on your loss as well!!

Tech - congrats on your loss too! Keep up the great work!

Where is Angela and Frouf? Lets get this board going some more! I'll BBL.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #3  

Oh, forgot to add, I failed at starting over yesterday. Ended up eating the left over chinese for lunch. Didn't do too bad the rest of the day.

The good news - the scale is down this morning. Sunday it was 184, today its 182.5. Going in the right direction!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages Paula.

I like your idea of a new recipe every week. Just before I navigated to the 3fc site this morning, I glanced up at my bookshelf and my eye fell on one of my GI diet cookbooks, and thought "I need new recipes"! I was reading your mind, obviously!

Yes, we're missing some of our regulars. I hope they're lurking and taking what they need, but will come back. I miss their comments and stories.

I'm listening to a radio interview with a woman who has finished and won a 100 mile marathon in about 30 hours. By golly, if she can do that, we can do what we need to do.

I'm headed off to work now...have a good day everyone.

Rhonda

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #5  

100 mile marathon..hmmmm maybe we should add that to our challenge...100 miles in a 100 days.
Paula down 1.5 overnight means you are a week and a half ahead of us on the challenge..haha
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #6  
Donna

Hi All,

Well I'm back from a very nice weekend. And am procrastinating going out and getting our bikes off the car in the rain . We went riding on Saturday, I was so glad I had brought the bikes. We went to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park just south of Cleveland, OH. The trail was really nice if a little busy. We put in just over 9 miles each way for a total ride time of about 1 3/4 hours, total time closer to 3 hrs. Hopefully that and the walking around the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday will make up for eating out all meals for 3 days We'll see what the scale says. I did drink all my water though.

It has been raining since Saturday night and it turned my 3 hr drive back today into 4.5 and that was about 3 hrs too much of driving in the rain! Plus about 1/2 way home my windshield wiper on the drivers side decided to come apart so I'm standing on the side of the turnpike changing it out with the one from the pass side and then driving w/only 1!! Needless to say I stopped on the way home and got new ones.

I'll join in the Thanksgiving Challenge, although I'm keeping my goal at 3/4 lb per week average, I have several challenges coming up, I'm home for the next 3 weekends one of them we have a big family corn roast, then we go camping/biking up north. Then we're home for a couple more weeks and are headed out east for 2 weeks. Here's hoping I can keep it on track while home.

Sandra - my in-laws are RVers too, the have a condo here where they spend the summer and December but Oct, Nov & Jan thru May they live in the RV full time. They seem to enjoy it.

Rhonda - Yea on loosing a pound.

Coco - How was WI?

Patti - Have fun on your Holiday.

Paula - Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I'm not a lobster fan, but can't wait for good crab cakes when we're out east in Oct.

Have a great night everyone.

- Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #7  

100 miles in 100 days! YES!! I can do that!!

I've had 12 points today. Whew. Thank goodness for water. I'll have the other 8 between now and bedtime.
Not easy.

What a story Tech about the wipers. Ours quit in the middle of a storm also, but at least we weren't on the highway. Glad you had a good time and got home OK.
The first time I drove by myself on a long trip, it rained and rained. I'll never forget that misery.

Rhonda
Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #8  
Donna

Just checking, I added a Thanksgiving tracker to my signature. Starting with last wi's loss as my base. I left the Summer one there just to see if I can do it.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #9  

I wonder why my tracker didn't show up after the first time?

Hmmm..I'll have to check that out.

You can handle both challenges, Tech...I just know it!

Hope you're all doing well. I stayed within my 20 points and ALL Core.

Rhonda
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #10  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We are still in our whirlwind decluttering/cleaning. I had to stop early afternoon for an interview. Immediately afterwards I got back into the swing of things. I cleaned almost all the flowerbeds today. We're having to clean inside/outside/closets/drawers. Yikes! Well, if the house doesn't sell, it will be much cleaner. I wish I had Vickie's cleaning habits. We'd be far far ahead.

Paula, thank you for the clean pages. And congratulations to you for moving those scales in the right direction. That's a plus for sure. My son lives in Texas. He's over 1500 miles from where we are now. I'm very excited about moving. It's not a done deal that we'll be fulltime RV. We may wind up being fairly permanent at my son's. Either way we're heading toward new adventures. That should keep us young.

I like your idea of new recipes each week. Let's do it. Our recipe threads are needing some additions, too. Let's post what we find.

One time on another board we decided we'd walk to a certain location. For example, I could walk to Seattle from Missoula. What I'd need to do would be find out the mileage. Then I'd walk on my treadmill, keep up with my miles, and maybe even check out on the net what I'd be "seeing" on my journey. What do ya'll think of doing something like that? Maybe each of us "going" somewhere? Maybe we'd be a lot smaller when we got there. Those of us who don't have a treadmill could walk outdoors and keep track of the miles for the "journey" the same way.

I dropped my membership at the Women's Club today. I will still be a member for 30 days so I'll probably continue going for a bit if I can tear loose from this house long enough to go. I don't think I've been getting my money's worth. My fault of course. It won't work for you if you don't go. I still have a treadmill and exercise bike. Hey, we could bike to our location if we don't want to walk!

Paula, I also like the idea of having something around to lose weight to wear again. That's good incentive. I'll use my jeans.

Donna, thank you for telling me about your in-laws. That's most likely the way we'll be if we become RV'ers. Sounds like you had a good time except for all that rain. It's raining here now. The smoke is presently washed out of the air. What a blessing! Yesterday we couldn't see the mountains around Missoula for all the smoke. The fires are still burning not far from here so the smoke will probably come back.

I'm wondering if we could make a mileage tracker.........

I have never been to Seattle. That's where I'm going on my walking/biking trek. Maybe I can get into those jeans before I get there.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #11  

Morning all:

I've lost 2.2 pounds since last Thursday.

Those were hard lost, I'll tell you. I have stayed within an average of 20 points daily.

When I went back to WW meetings last year, they told me to eat 24 points. I barely lost anything. I went down to 22 points and began to lose, very slowly. Well, I'm going to do my best to stay at this 20 point level for as long as it takes.

Ok, Sandra, I'll think about my destination for my walk. Every place I want to go is pretty far away!!!

With any luck, Sandra, Vickie is reading your posts and will show up to help you clean!

It's an overcast, cool day here. I wonder if it is what we are getting from the hurricanes down south?

Well, my spirits are not overcast, and it's time to get the day started.

BBL

Rhonda
Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone. Like most of you I've updated my ticker with the new challenge. I'm excited about it - I need to keep the excitement for a while so I can get those 10pds off.

Rhonda, congrats on the loss. Keep doing what you have been, its working!

Sandra, have fun cleaning. I'm sure the house will sell. Since you are so far from your son and grand kids, it will be great to be mobile and based near (next) to them. I'm sure they will love it as well. My parents and MIL are close, its great that they can spend time with Sarah.

I love the idea of a walking trip - my problem is that I don't have a treadmill or bike. I just go for a walk. I'll need to figure how many miles I can walk per 15 minutes. I know my evening dog walk is a mile, I'll need to time it better. Maybe I'll do so many hours instead. Let me think about it.

I'm glad you all like the receipe idea. I need some new ones! Well, I could probably read through some old ones that I have not made in a long time.

Tech, I'm sure you'll make your summer challenge - over a month to go with only 5 pds. You can do it!

Well, I'm going to make breakfast. I have some hard boiled eggs in the fridge, may mix those with some lean ham and have them on a 1pt wrap. YUM. BBL.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #13  

Rhonda I just walk too...I walk for 30 mins a day and call it 1 mile. You know I kind of said that challenge jokingly yesterday but now Im thinking why not?? I can do that!! so I started last night. I know Ill end up losing track so Im going to start a thread to keep track of it..I know I wont update a tracker daily but Ill post my walking on a separate thread daily..and my menus once again too..
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Rhonda. That's a fantastic loss. I'm having to try to eat around 20-22 pts each day, too. I tell you, it's hard to declutter/clean/+cook. I'm running in circles. But--I'm not overeating!!

I'm going to get on my during "Big Brother" tonight. I'm thinking I can make it to Frenchtown. That's 10 miles from Missoula on the way to Seattle.

Paula, I have made chicken a little different this week. I roasted it in the oven (boneless/skinless chicken breasts that were seasoned) then I put them in the fridge. When I've wanted them for meals, I've seared them on the stove top in oo. They are delicious. Sometimes roasted or baked chicken gets sort of "blah" to me. This searing in oo has made a world of difference. We actually look forward to eating them.

Another first (in awhile) is roast. I hadn't cooked one of those in a long long time. I made one yesterday. What I'm doing is trying to have foods on hand so I can throw a meal together quickly. Life is good.

Rhonda, I meant to tell you that I'm loving your enthusiasm. You rock, girl.

Patti, I'm going to look for your tracking thread. I'd like to hop on it with you.

I'm very excited and happy. We're working together on weightloss. This is wonderful!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
Well it was storming here last night after weigh in. So couldnt get on here.
I did lose a pound. So am happy with that.
Are we going to have a special thread to keep track of our losses between now and Thanksgiving. Or how do you get those trackers. not sure how to do those. Maybe I could do one of those.
How is everyone on doing.
Need to go through and read the post. Havent done that yet. Wanted to check in first.
So will go and read the post.
Have a great evening everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote