South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #16  
Child Of God

S/C/G: 220/203/195

Height: 5'11

Hey,

From 1 newbie to another... protein is very filling. I just discovered the concept of power balls but havent tried them yet ( going grocery shopping tonight). I have heard great things about it. Will let you know.
Enit2winit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 270 / 264 / 200

Height: 5'4"

I keep some fresh veggies on hand, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, and make a dip with low fat mayo, cilantro, spices to my taste of the moment. I thin the dip with a few drops of water, and dip the veggies and crunch away. That fills me up in a hurry.
Sactolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #18  
Child Of God

S/C/G: 220/203/195

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enit2winit View Post
Hey,

From 1 newbie to another... protein is very filling. I just discovered the concept of power balls but havent tried them yet ( going grocery shopping tonight). I have heard great things about it. Will let you know.
Well I am back as promised and let me tell you protein balls are the yummiest!! P' balls are so filling and the great thing is that you can customize it to your taste (chocolate, vanilla, p'butter etc).
Enit2winit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #19  

Height: 5'1.5"

I love protein balls, but idk how you guys can just eat one. I could down a whole jar of peanut butter that way. I made some last week and I haven't even finished them, I'm afraid if I eat one I'll end up finishing the whole bag.
MissusTaterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #20  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Agree with the nuts and beans - both really helped me get past the hunger -especially the beans. It took awhile to adjust portions, too. I was so afraid of eating too much, but there's plenty in Phase 1 you can eat lots of (well, not nuts, but lots of other thing)s.

Also found nf unsweetened greek yogurt with vanilla and unsweetened cocoa pwdr really helped, too. I used a few drops of agave to sweeten, but you could use any sweetener that works for Phase 1. I stuck to about 3 oz a day of the yogurt.
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote