South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #1  
I think I can...

Default Bananas!

My 2yr old (well 3 on Friday) LOVES bananas so I try to keep some in the house for her. I tend to avoid them since they are a little high GI for me. So yesterday she asks for one, takes a bite then tells me she doesn't want it because "it's dirty" (had a tiny brown spot on it) She wouldn't even eat it when I broke it off, so rather than throw out a perfectly good banana I tossed it in my smoothie. I rationalized it was ok since it contained protein and spinach. BIG MISTAKE!! By 2pm I felt like I was starving. I wanted anything carby! It was a disaster. I ended up eating a BUNCH of ritz crackers. So I guess no more bananas for me. There are about 4 more left and they are all getting "dirty" lol and my 4 yr old and 17yr old hate bananas so I guess I'll have to throw them out.
BTW it was the best dang smoothie I ever made lol.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Why don't you freeze the extra bananas, instead? They will be handy to have on hand for baking, or whatnot.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270 / 264 / 200

Height: 5'4"

Do you have relatives or neighbors you can donate the bananas to? No sense in wasting them. Maybe someone could make some banana bread with them. "Dirty" banana's are great for that!!!!
Sactolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Isn't it funny how picky little kids are! can't talk them out of it. Sorry it was such a disaster..good for the rest of us to know, too. That's why I'm extending my Phase 1 period. Hope you can find someone who can use them.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote