3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase one- really hungry. Any suggestions? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/252584-phase-one-really-hungry-any-suggestions.html)

esmee 02-09-2012 02:17 PM

Phase one- really hungry. Any suggestions?

Hi, Ive been trying to do phase one since Monday but Im finding every single day I`m really hungry. I was just wondering if someone would mind looking at what I typically eat and see what they think?

Breakfast: 2 whole eggs made into omelette with spinach, tomatoes and 50g low fat mozzarella cheese.

Snack: 2 light babybels

Lunch: 130g tuna, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and 1tbsp olive oil with balsamic vinegar.

Snack: Today was a packet of cooked chicken ( 150g)

Dinner: Baked pork fillet (200g uncooked), mixture of onions/peppers/courgette/garlic/tomatoes roasted in 1tbsp olive oil.

I do drink a fair amount throughout the day as well but I am finding I am so hungry all day. How does my plan look? Previous days in the afternoon Ive been making lettuce wraps with chicken and peppers.

Ruthxxx 02-09-2012 02:40 PM

You need complex carbs. Try Hummus or some other bean mixture. This menu actually looks like Atkins! This is a good carb not a low carb plan.

You also do not have any dairy. Check out the Phase I food list for milk or yogurt requirements. (Cheese does not count as dairy on this plan but as protein.)

Hope this helps.

LoveSweetsCA 02-09-2012 04:37 PM

Cooked lentils are great and have lots of protien and fiber!

jenne1017 02-09-2012 04:53 PM

I agree with Ruth and would add to make sure you are getting all 4-5 cups of veggies in!

MissusTaterHead 02-09-2012 05:00 PM

Brassicas are filling too so you could add some broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale...

VermontMom 02-09-2012 05:22 PM

esmee, hope those suggestions help!

MissusTaterHead - I had to google 'brassica'! I have never heard of them...

pinkcandiez 02-09-2012 05:49 PM

Some nuts help :) Get a handful of almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc. Or a tbsp of peanut/almond butter.
Tuna is generally not filling for lunch- like I'll be hungry 3 hours after eating it. For a snack, try Greek plain yogurt +flax + nuts- really filling!
For breakfast, add a cup of milk or coffee? Some chocolate milk is filling- like milk, unsweetened cacao and stevia :)
Some veggies + hummous are also a very filling snack too! Add them after dinner if hungry? Or instead of the babybel- I wouldn't find those too fillings. Add extra veggies to your meals and it should fill you up more :)

chickadeee55 02-10-2012 06:31 AM

These are all good suggestions. I remember when I started out, I wasn't eating enough, on SB I found I could eat more than I normally did. Lots of variety.

WaistingTime 02-10-2012 08:52 AM

I agree with nuts and beans! When I went on PH1 for the first time I was very, very hungry. Most seem not to find that and I'm not sure why the difference. I also find drinking lots of hot decaf tea helps some.

esmee 02-10-2012 11:18 AM

Oh thank you so much for all the comments, they were really helpful :-). I think I was maybe trying to be a bit to restrictive on the phase one part. I am going to try adding maybe something like chickpeas to see how it goes, I like the idea of the greek yogurt with seeds as well :-).
I`ll try and plan out a new day for tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks again, its just a little hard adjusting to this, I was a complete fruit addict before and would have eaten loads during the day, so Im finding it a little strange not eating an apple etc.

VermontMom 02-10-2012 08:21 PM

esmee - today I made a breakfast/lunch that I liked very much! I buy the egg substitute stuff, because once you mix veggies/whatever with it, you don't notice that they're not 'real' eggs...anyway, first I sauteed onion and bell pepper chunks in a TBSP olive oil, then added a half can of no-fat refried beans, pushed that to one side (it was a big skillet) and then poured in my one cup of egg substitute, scramble it. Then I layered it in my 'go to work' lunch container with a little salsa. OH so good!! and sooo filling. I want it again for tomorrow :D

chickadeee55 02-11-2012 07:17 AM

Holly, you are making me hungry, this sounds like such a good breakfast.

mzKiki 02-11-2012 10:57 PM

I'm weird I guess, I was never hungry on phase 1 even though I expected to be. If you're hungry just eat! Definitely I found that I felt more satisfied when I had nuts.

ashley112011 02-14-2012 10:47 AM

Peanut butter is a good snack and its very satisfying. Theres a lot of things you can have that you think you cant. Theres tons of recipe ideas for every meal and snack of the day. All I did was a google search Thats how I found this site.

Ruthxxx 02-14-2012 10:50 AM

Peanut butter is limited on Phase I and must be the all natural kind.