South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chick-Chat

Good morning, and Happy Veterans Day!

Brrrrrr! I'm actually wearing a light-weight sweater today, which I rarely do! Jake is off today, so he had a nice pot of coffee ready when I came downstairs. I'm sure Audrey is well enough to go to school today, so I should have the morning off. We don't have anything planned for the day, Jake is going to get the last of the leaves raked and mulched. That should keep him busy, as they're about 2" deep. I'm feeling a lot better, but coughing a lot. Another pot of soup sounds good for supper.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Coffee and Chat

Good morning! Brrrrr! It's a see your breath morning out there. Disney is NOT impressed by her first Canadian winter.

After a quick breakfast, I'm off to the next village (15 minute drive) to get my snow tires put on. That makes it officially winter no matter what the calendar says. No snow today but some is expected tomorrow. Oy!

When I get home, it'll be the last of the fabric cutting so I can close up my table and get the diningroom back in order.

Have a Terrific Tuesday.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #3  

I beat you to it this morning, Ruth, and merged. You're going to have to quilt a new winter coat for poor wee Disney!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

It is just now becoming fall for us. This is just a pass through got to finish up the chores and go running with mom today. She has been waiting for her day out since she heard I was taking a long weekend. She wants to go thirft store hopping, DS2 has a party this afternoon, girls want to go out to lunch and dinner needs to be at home tonight so the day looks full.

Ladies stay warm and just know I like to here about the weather in the rest of the world just very glad I don't have to live in it!

Everyone have a great day and a safe one too.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks.

Cottage - enjoy your quiet morning!

Ruth - my DH LOVES driving in the snow. Being born and raised in the south, it's still a novelty to him!

Sunflower - thrift store...sounds like a good idea to me!

Me - calming down after having a rodeo with my DS. Whew. Sometimes school mornings are tough! It's hard being 5!

Today is busy at work. Weird, busy in November?! Good for us though! I wanted to get to the Y to get on the elliptical, but I don't think it's happenin'.

So, it's work and family life today! (but that means we're all happy and healthy!)

Have a fabulous day!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks It's cold here too but at least we aren't getting the white stuff. We almost had to change our plans because there is some lake effect where my Mom lives.

Phx - must be the day - I'm off to meet my Mom for thrifting. We have a half way spot we like to meet in a couple of times a year. The drive makes it more expensive but it's a fun way to spend the day

Cottage - Have a nice, quiet morning. Just tossed a pot of something in the crock pot myself

Ruth - Poor Disney! Now you have me thinking about snow tires. Every year it's a game of chicken with the weather. I hate the noise from the studs so don't put them on a day sooner than I have to.

Twynn - hope the rest of the day is calmer!

I'm off to plan snacks and get going. These days always throw my meal schedule way off so have to plan healthy snacks to make it work.

Have a good day everyone
Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/153.9/135

Height: 5'1

cottage - glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

ruth - hope you get your dining room back soon

phx - enjoy your day out!

As for me, I have the kids home from school today. It's cold but THANKFULLY no snow in our future yet. Probably going to visit my uncle today for his birthday (hopefully I can skip the cake especially since I slipped last night and had a couple of reese's peanut butter cups )

Also, I have an audition for a band later tonight that I am very nervous about. It's something I've always wanted to do but have been too scared to ever try. I've been trying to tell myself that even if I don't make the band that at least I've conquered the fear of trying.

Well, I don't know how much I'll be able to check in today so I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning! A little misty here this morning but not nearly as cold as yesterday.

Cottage enjoy your morning.

Ruth ick snow tires, I am still in denial that winter is coming.

Phx & Cyndi enjoy the thrift shopping, that sounds like a blast, I need to find some good bargins on Department 56 pieces!

Twynn I still have rough mornings with my 17 year old!

fmb Good luck tonight!

As for me I am slowly getting organized in the new home. The owner left a HUGE wall unit that is beautiful, it is real wood and covers and entire wall of the living room. I got it all polished up lastnight and put all my books, movies, cd's, and video games in it. That was a huge accomplishment considering how many books I own! It looks beautiful with my lighted homes sitting on it, but now I have room for more, ah shucks!

Today is work followed by more unpacking tonight, I will get there eventually, having boxes sitting around drives me crazy!

Have a great day ladies check back with ya later!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good morning ladies!
Cottage- Enjoy your morning off, and have some more soup-its good for the soul
Ruth-Possible snow eh? gives me chills thinking about it! I like cottage's idea about quilting disney a jacket
Phx- Have fun at the thrift store!
Twynn- Here's hoping your rodeo is smoother tomorrow
Cyndi-Way to go on planning your healthy snacks... I KNOW planning is sich a huge part of my falures/successes so... WTG!
fmb- You're braver than I am! I love to sing and dh plays guitar in a band, but I have huge stage fright!!! What are you auditioning for?
Stephanie- More room left is way better than being over crowded!!!! Don't overstretch yourself, those boxes won't go anywhere- I promise! lol

Me- I got lots accomplished on my to do list yesterday which leaves me with putting away the last load of laundry, going to the ups store today, I am supposed to go pick up my kitty's food an hour and a half away from here! sheesh. its prescription though and no one else will give it to her around here. And i still need to vacuum. yuck. I also think I MAY put the tree up tonight My neighbor has theirs up so I don't think its too early- as long as I am not the first! lol

Last edited by rdw1; 11-11-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oy! So my dr's nurse didn't call in my antibiotic last night, so I called this morning and fortunately they're there on Veterans Day. I can't go back to work until I've been on it 24 hours. The little girl that answered the phone didn't seem to have a clue about anything so we'll see when I get the drugs.

Been duplex hunting lately. Our neighborhood has suddenly taken a dive in the last six months. We saw one that looks pretty nice on the outside that's in our price range, so we'll have to take a look and see what it's like on the inside. It's in a really nice area.

Well, I need to clean up some around here. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #11  

phxsunflower, Have a fun day of shopping with your mother! I really miss those shopping trips with just my mother and me. They were the special times. Unfortunately, I have a hard time getting her to leave her house these days.

Twynne, I can sympathize with you about your 5yr old. Maggie thinks the day has to start with a rodeo, or she just hasn't done her job right. Thankfully, it's just a phase.

Cyndi, I hope you and your mother can find some good deals in the thriftshops today! And have a good OP day, too!

Stephanie, it sounds like you really scored with that livingroom unit! I bet your Dept.56 collection looks fantastic in it. It sounds like a great excuse to go shopping for more pieces, if you ask me!

Rikki, I at least hope your long trip to pick up the prescription is a scenic one! It seems like more and more people are putting up their trees early this year. I just can't seem to bring myself to do it yet, though, even though Christmas is my most favorite time of the year. We usually put up three trees, and reserve the Thanksgiving weekend for decorating.

Lisa, I'm glad you were able to get that script called in today! Feel better soon! Househunting is so much fun, I hope you can find the perfect home!

Jake and I ran over to Kohl's this morning, and I found some long-sleeve t-shirts that I really like, so I bought one in every color! Then I came home and cleaned out my closet. I have a huge pile to take to Goodwill!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Happy Veteran's Day!

Cottage: I'm glad you have the morning off today. I hope it gives you a chance to get over your cough!

Ruth: Poor Disney. I have a feeling she'd get along pretty well with our Ranger. He gets quite dramatic when it comes to going outside in the cold. Snow predicted for tomorrow; I can't believe it's that time already!!

Phx: Boy, you do have a full day! I'm sure your mom will enjoy your thrift store shopping. What a great way to spend the day! I hope it's more enjoyable than busy!

Twynn: Have a great day! I hope you're able to work in some workout time!

Cyndi: Enjoy your day off! I'm the same way. Days at home make it harder to stay on track than if I'm at work on my regular schedule.

fmb: Good luck tonight! Let us know how it goes!!

Pacer: That's great that the wall unit was left behind. Storage is always hard to find and it's nice to have room to grow. I hope you have a great day!

rdw1: Your to-do list for the day sounds like a big one! I hope the drive is pleasant and that you have a nice evening planned! I'm all for putting the tree up the weekend after Halloween, but DH reigns me in! Enjoy your day!

Lisa: Too bad that you're still sick, but at least it sounds like they're trying to get the right medicine for you! Take it easy and try not to worry about work for the next 24 hours. You need the rest!

Me: DH and I are both off today, so we got a good sleep-in this morning. We're eating breakfast now and hope to leave by 10 to get groceries, pick up the carpet cleaner and stop by the vet's to pay our bill for this weekend. It'll be a fairly low-key day around here. Just carpet cleaning, putting away the last of the laundry, a good workout tonight and stir-fry for dinner.

Well, off to browse some more boards. Hope everyone has a great day!!

~Kim
Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - thanks for the hint about Kohls for long sleeve t-shirts - I practically live in them during these chilly months. I need a bigger size as well.

Rikki - As much as I love Christmas...I love Thanksgiving as well and like to give it proper appreciation. That being said - we'll probably start looking for a tree a few days after Thanksgiving because I LOOOOOOVE to have a long holiday season. We're getting a real tree this year because we're hardly ever actually here for Christmas and it just doesn't make sense to buy and try to store a fake one. Post pictures of your tree!

fmb - Good luck at your audition. What kind of band?

-
Had an OB appointment this morning along with an ultrasound. Baby is doing well! BIG like his brother was and fat in the face! My blood pressure was really good, weight steady, and blood sugar was perfect! Another hurdle of fears done with. I'm always so scared that I'll develop gest. diabetes - especially because my babies get big....Doc said "well..looking at how tall your husband and son are, I'm not surprised you make big babies"..I guess he's right.

Stopped at a few stores on the way home to find baskets for Holiday gifts...didn't see much in my price range. The hardest part about making these baskets is actually finding the baskets!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kim, LOVE the avatar! You're B-E-A-Utiful!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Almost good afternoon

Cottage - glad you are feeling better. My DH always makes coffee. I keep telling him he is better at it and he likes that.

Ruth - Daisy needs a quilted coat.

Phx - I've never been a thrift shore - figure I have so much stuff to declutter that DH would raise an eyebrow if I brought somthing from a thrift store.

Cyndi - have fun with mom.

Stephanie - your bookcase sounds lovely and its free, wow.

Rikki - putting up the Christmas tree is one more chore out of the way. I don't know if I will put mine up this year.

KIm - enjoy your day with DH.

Zeff - must have been a thrill to see your baby. Never had that in my days and its nice to know your bloodworks are normal.

Weezle - you sound like things are getting back to normal.

Me - at home by myself right now. DH went to his candystore (tools and such). I stocked up on fresh veggies today. Man things are expensive. No more buying them in bulk and throwing half away. On the agenda, hem a pair of slacks for tomorrow's meeting and take a half hour walk.
sophie
Closed Thread