South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Warbling on the Beach

Disney deigned to sleep on my bed last night and insisted we get up at five! I may have to rethink this! She sure is sweet and cuddly though.

Yesterday was a frustrating day with quilt screw-ups and the darn PC guru not showing or phoning! I hate it when people don't keep their commitments. It's a good thing there's nothing really wrong with my machine, just a few tweaks needed.

Never mind! It's a new day, the coffee is good, it's Hump Day and a brand new month.

This morning I will start drying the bushel of apples I bought yesterday and I have Tracy coming to measure for some cellar window replacement. That, plus solving the quilt problem, should keep me out of trouble. Tonight I have two meetings - Country Christmas and my Hort. Society. I'll have to flip a coin!

So let's get on with it. What's on your schedule?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning!
not really much on the agenda today...still fixing up/moving in to the new apartment..i suppose it is an organic process
ruth:my lil boo also is a nuisance in the early morning but too irresistibly soft and cuddly to kick out of bed! furbabies-whatcha gonna do? good luck w/ ur schedule!

and lf cinnamon mocachinos for all!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm back.

I've been sick with bronchitis for the longest time. I also had to adjust to some new medication, so a double whammy. I've been eating the strangest things, but pretty much within Phase 2, so....

I am taking it very slow this time around with SBD. I will be here to chat, but not posting any October goals. There's just too many things going on right now in my life to commit to additional things that might put more stress on top of the pile.

Have a wonderful day, beachers!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I resorted to a sleeping pill last night so I could sleep, and I didn't even hear Jake get up this morning. I sure wish I could just take out all my worries and concerns and put them in a jar by the bed overnight, but it just doesn't work that way. I need an Easy button! My Dad isn't doing too good in the hospital just yet. I visited him last night, and although he was sitting up and even enjoyed his supper tray, he looks pale and still needs oxygen occasionally. Monica told me she and Eric had spent the night before in the emergency room with Carley. She had woken up screaming in pain, which aggravated her asthma, so they took her in and discovered she had a severe ear infection. Poor little baby! Monica said she had been fine all day. So I've had a lot of concerns on my mind lately.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, and I took the girls on a hike through the woods on their farm, looking for things to make a fairy cottage with. We made an adorable little cottage with sticks, moss, tree bark and stones. They spent all afternoon decorating it, and are so proud of it. I should take a picture of it.

It's back to school today, with gymnastics after. I'll probably go visit Dad again this evening, and hope there's some improvement.

Ruth, your Country Christmas meeting sounds like fun! Just the thing I'd love be involved with! Your house will be all snug this winter with all new windows and lots of quilts. I know you'll find a solution for your quilt.

jandaman, I hope you get all your moving done today! I'd adore a Cinnamon Mocchachino right now, Thanks!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I've been lured by the promise of a cinnamon moccachino

Ruth - Your days often sound really busy but warm and full. Don't know if that makes sense but they make me smile. Watch your fingers today
Luna was pouting last night because she got tossed off the bed after a hand attack. She was mad because I dumped her off my pillow. Little brat!

Jandaman - Good luck with the ongoing moving adventure

Belle Mer- Slow and easy sounds smart - hope you continue feeling better.

Cottage - You've sure got a lot on your plate this week. Hope your Dad has a better day today.

Looks like I'm doing a work from home hybrid all week. DP is on liquids for a couple of days and with the diabetes I'm not leaving the house while that's going on. Once she is back on solids I'll go back to the office. Hope the new boss doesn't mind but I do have about 60 personal days so it will work either way. It's so odd - her symptoms are similar to my bf's and our neighbor's. Everyone started about 10 days after the party we had. I keep wondering if there was something that wasn't right that day and the three of them were just more vulnerable to it. It's very frustrating.

Drying the last of the tomatoes tops today's list. Apples are on tomorrow's

It's a drippy, gray day here today so I won't be tempted to do outside things.
It's a perfect day for coffee and moccachinos!

Have a good day Chicks
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, one kid just went out the door and I decided to take a few me minutes before waking the other. I'm starting to get a little panicky at everything I still need to accomplish before we leave on vacation next week. I've really been looking forward to the trip and want to be able to relax and not worry about stuff at home.
I got an email from DH, so at least I know they were not adbucted by aliens. He didn't sound real happy and apparently some of his and my emails did not get through over the last month. But he's closing in on the last month, so he's just got to tough it out a bit longer.

Ruth, your house is going to smell fabulous with all those apples drying. I have been throwing my dried grape tomatoes in salads all week and they are so yummy I'm sad to only have a few left.

Cyndi and cottage, I am thinking of your sickies. I have been reading and
following the last couple of days, although not posting. Wishing a speedy recovery for all three of them.

jandaman,
hope you get settled into your new place soon! Thanks for the moccachino offer! I'll take mine like me: hot, sweet, and full-bodied. At least that's what my favorite mug says.

cottage, you really should take a picture of that...cottage to share. What a cute idea.

Belle, I'm sorry you have not been well. There's so much stuff going around, you are right to take it easy on yourself. Feel better soon.

Okay, my five minutes has stretched into 10. Time to go wake the kid.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 10-01-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

morning girls.

bad morning here.

We've received some news and think both of our identities were stolen. It doesn't add up. Searched this morning and found two other people in the area with our exact names...wouldn't be such a big thing, but our last name is REALLY unpopular around here. The only other people that we've seen with our last name are people that we're related to somehow.

So far we've uncovered 25k in debt....and what I don't understand is that they were paid on for awhile and then it just stopped.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, It sure is frustrating when folks tell us they'll be here, we rearrange our entire day to accommodate and they dont have the decency to call!

Janda! I'll have a cup!

((Belle)) Glad your feeling a little better, hang in there!

Awe ((Cottage)) What a difficult time. I hope your father and Carley get better soon! It's hard watching a loved one suffer! I remember going 2 weeks with hardly any sleep at all when mom was in the hospital! Those were the longest two weeks EVER!

Cyndi, your company allows you to bank personal days? WOW, unheard of! Enjoy your time at home, even through the trials of dealing with a sick p.

Schmoodle, where you going on vacation? I'm so glad you finally heard from DH! YEAH!!!!

ZEFF!!!! OH MAN, that is NOT good! If your sure you didn't rack those bills call the police!!!!!!!!! While I've not had my identity stolen I did have a neighbor who lived two blocks from me with the same name! YUP and my last name isn't that common either! And, she spelled both the same, I mean, there's a million ways to spell Lori, and a few ways to spell the last name. I had a **** of a time getting a job when I lived in that town because her name was always in the paper for drugs, beating up her ex, stealing! (NO lie).

Me: I think I might ban kitty from house! LOL (JK)... she is a terror when I try to sleep! But she is oh so cute and cuddly!

Yesterday wasn't feeling well so didn't get anything accomplished. Today I WILL get some of this stuff tackled! I also need to head to town for a few groceries so I need to figure out my menu plan.

It's funny, when you have a decent bra it makes you look skinnier! two neighbors asked if I'd lost weight! the way the bras fit it makes me look slender! Who knew?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Cyndi, your company allows you to bank personal days? WOW, unheard of!
We get an annual lump of personal days instead of sick. Used to be sick days but this way people don't have to pretend to be sick if they need a day off We get to carry those from year to year because there is no short term disability plan available. Of course you lose them when you leave. We have traditionally had a really flexible schedule so I rarely needed to use days because I could work at home, shift hours around, etc. The new boss is stricter so not as flexible anymore. It's too bad - that was the thing that made the ridiculously low salaries tolerable.

Schmoodle - Vacation! Glad to hear DH hasn't gone off visiting aliens

Zeffryn - How frustrating! Good luck getting it all cleaned up

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-01-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day! I can see the weekend in the horizon.

Ruth i'm lovin your energy for the new day & month

Belle glad to hear your feeling better

Cottage sorry you have all those worrys - my prayers are with you

Cyndi good luck with dp and working at home

Schmoodle vacation! i am so ready for another one they are just to darn short.

Zeff thats horrible what happened. I hope everything works out

Hello to those I missed and those to come.

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #11  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Just a quick fly-by for me this morning. I need to head out the door for school, but just wanted to shout that I am down 15 lbs. as of this morning! Yippee! I would love to hit 20 lbs by the end of October.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

It is a crisp morning out there! Feeling a little guilty this morning, got up at my usual time to do yoga and the house was cold and the book I am reading was calling my name, so I made a cup of tea and curled up in a blanket with my book. Should be a great evening for a walk though so I will make up for it there.

Now I am sipping on some "sinful delight" coffee and trying to motivate myself to work.

Cottage hope things are better today with your dad.

Belle Glad to see you back, take it easy.

Zeff what a shame! Given my line of work I see many credit reports and you would be amazed the things I have seen! It's very hard to prove a debt isn't yours and even harder to get it removed from your credit. Make sure you contact the bureaus and have them put a fraud alert on your credit report until you get this lined out.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Congrats June!! Keep up the great work.

Just wondering where Kim has been and if all is well with her?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! With Little Guy gone, we've been sleeping in (Tommy's STILL sleeping!) so I don't have as much computer time. I do love my sleep though. And here I am.

Had a rough time sleeping last night. Hard time falling asleep, then woke up at 1, 3:30, 4:30, 5:00, 6:00, and 7:15. Finally got up at 7:27 before my alarm went off. So I'm a wee bit tired today, but otherwise ok.

Had my phone interview with Blue Cross Blue Shield yesterday. I have NO clue how it went. I answered the questions the best I could without knowing what they were going to be beforehand. They said they're doing the phone screens this week and next, and then selecting people for in-person interviews after that. I'll find out by phone if I'm selected, and by email if I'm not. After hearing more about the job, it sounds perfect for me. Desk job, no face-to-face with the public, all phones and computer, research, that kind of stuff. Sounds fine to me! Say some prayers!

Oy, I gotta get ready to go to work. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 10-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #15  
Determined to lose!

((Lisa)) praying for you on the job! good luck!

Well, I'm sitting here in a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get up and over my butt in YEARS!!!!!!!!!...

NOW, to get down to those 14 Petites in my drawer! (Mind you, Petites run smaller than reg... I'm interested to know if I've gotten into 14 reg!!!!!)

Last edited by Loriann7; 10-01-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Closed Thread