South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

D4 is dead and gone. It actually wasn't so bad. The carb and sugar cravings are almost gone but I still plan on going the entire 14 days. I feel a little tired today which I know is completely normal. All in all everything is going well.

Kara Don't sweat the weight gain it's most likely water weight. Maybe you should keep an eye on your sodium intake.
Yikes! to the starting during my"time". I probably shouldn't have. The weight loss is slow and a little discouraging. I'm assuming that's from the usual water retention during this time. Plus, I think I would have killed someone for a brownie during D1 and D2. lol The first 2 days were really rough. I noticed that I didn't get too much cramping. Maybe that's a benefit from starting P1 during TOM. "sorry i was trying to avoid that term"

Landie to the beach! The weight loss amount is never a promise. Everyone loses differently. It depends on how much you have to lose to begin with. During my first P1 awhile ago I only lost 12lbs but my mom who had a lot more to lose lost 22lbs. Everyone is different. If you weigh 125 and are 5'5" chances are you may lose less than 5 lbs because you don't have much to lose. The biggest benefit of P1 is getting rid of the cravings. You will feel great when you look at a piece of cake and don't really want it. Good luck with P1!
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #62  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

Today is day 9 for us and DH is starting to get antsy. We had some scrambled eggs with turkey sausage, green beans, gree onion, and cheese for breakfast and he just kept saying how he wished it had potatoes LOL This is his first time ever on any kind restricted eating plan so I was surprised how well he coped until now. He is planning to meet some friends for dinner today and wanted me to go along to keep him in check on eating. Well, I am not going, none of them have kids and I am not going to be dragging my 3 along. I told him I had complete faith in him to make the right choices but I am going to look up the menu and tell him a few good options before he leaves.

I need to finish planning my meals for next week and the week after. I have to get a grocery list together and meal planning is awesome for that, as well as keeping us on plan.
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #63  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Height: 5'4"

Day 6

not bad! the cold is gone, and i'm actually feeling pretty good.

we found something to help with our ridiculous fruit juice habit. there are a couple of brands (Hint, Twist) at Central Market that are REALLY just water and fruit essence. zero calories, sugars, sweeteners. i think if we had tried them while still drinking regular juice, we would have thought them bland, but after 5 days without fruit they tasted pretty good! and without the splenda aftertaste some of the other zero calorie 'fruit waters' have.

i also quite enjoyed my dessert of hot chocolate last night! some hot milk, a little baking cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of zsweet.

i tried some jeans on this morning that i've shoved to the back of the closet because the last time i tried to wear them i couldnt get the top button fastened. Theyre still a little snug, but no problem buttoning up and they were actually pretty comfortable.

I asked the BF if he had any 'skinny jeans' and he sheepishly pulled out a pair I realized i havent seen since we moved in together (6 years!). he became a vegetarian then and i guess has been slowly expanding along with me ever since.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #64  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's a "Home Fries" Recipe for the Sarge. I found it in another Forum. Enjoy! If the red colour throws him, you can do the same thing with cubes of daikon radish.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #65  
Pregnant w/PCOS

Thanks Ruth! As I said in PM, he really likes radishes so that might work out really well.

We went to walmart and found NSA Nesquick (sp?)! I am lactose intolerant and all 3 kids have milk allergies so we don't drink milk but I am going to try and have 8oz a day of choc milk.

Suzka - GREAT on the pants, a perfect NSV (non scale victory, in case they don't say that around this forum)!! I was also able to wear a pair of pants today that I haven't put on in over 1.5yrs (pre-baby). DH had to ask for a new bullet proof vest at work because the other one was too big! woot
Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #66  
Visualizing the Goal

Let me know how the radish "fries" come out. I'm not a huge radish fan, but I'm curious!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #67  
Pregnant w/PCOS

I will definitely let everyone know. I am not a radish fan either so if I like them, they are sure to be good

I just put some Chicken Divan in the oven for my lunch. I am running late on that so I am hungry and it smells so good. I halved the recipe but added 1/2 package of cauliflower and only used 1 chicken breast. mmmm!

Kara - I noticed there use to be a "what did you eat today" or "what are you eating this week" type of thread. Do you know why that's not done anymore or did it just die down? I got a lot of good ideas from it, anyone want to do another or do that here?
Old 12-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Today is day five and I am down 6.8 lbs. Its amazing how well this plan works! I think I might be losing too fast but we'll see how next weigh in goes!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #69  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySgt View Post
Kara - I noticed there use to be a "what did you eat today" or "what are you eating this week" type of thread. Do you know why that's not done anymore or did it just die down? I got a lot of good ideas from it, anyone want to do another or do that here?
I think it just kind of pittered out. It would be fun to start it up again, though, if you want to!

Kara
Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #70  
Visualizing the Goal

OK, Phase 1ers. I'm really struggling. I don't know what my problem is. I thought I'd be sailing along now in Crave-free Land, looking forward to Phase 2 and watching the pounds melt away. Instead, I mysteriously "gained" three pounds three days ago that won't go away, am still fighting cravings, and am grumpy that it's not working out according to My Failsafe Plan.

I know I shouldn't be weighing myself every day. I probably should have just put the scale away at the beginning of December and not stepped back on until the end of Phase 1. But I was coming off my period and knew the "all-important" number would be going down because of that, thought it would be motivation (and it was, at first), and so I did it. Sue me. But now I'm stuck. Now I feel like I *have* to know when those three stupid pounds are going to come off and now I feel like I *have* to weigh every day or else I'm going to miss the weightloss because it will have bounced back up by the time I check. I'm frustrated at myself for letting my emotions overrun the rational part of my brain and I'm annoyed that every good thing I'm doing - eating perfectly on plan, all of the exercise, resisting the cravings - isn't doing "any good", according to the scale. I feel like all of this work should count for something. And I'm mad at myself for getting back here, when I had lost this stupid ten pounds back in the summer.

And what's with the cravings? I'm on Day 10 for crying out loud. I'm making nearly everything I eat from scratch and I KNOW there are no hidden sugars in there. I have been reading EVERY label for EVERYTHING. I even cut out the meat substitutes this time around because I realized they have wheat gluten in them. I'm getting protein and veggies at every meal and still I *want* something else. My eggs with peppers and mushrooms are really yummy but I can't shake that nagging craving for a piece of toast with them. What the heck? DAY 10!

And my plan. I realize I'm not going to lose twelve pounds in these two weeks. I've accepted that. But I thought at least five would come off from "period weight" and I should lose another four - two from the first week and two from the second. I'm eating well and getting my exercise. Two pounds a week seems reasonable. And yet I've lost two total now. In ten days.

This is when I would just call it quits and eat whatever I wanted because "it's not working anyway" but I really want to stick this out. What's my other option? NOT eating on plan and then GAINING more weight? I'm annoyed at my body and I've got no one to take it out on except myself.

So what's the deal? Somebody cheer me up!

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 03:43 AM   #71  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Day 7

halfway!

just noticed the vanilla extract we've been using has GAH! corn syrup.

you have to be freak'n meticulous!
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:52 AM   #72  

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Kara I know what you mean!! It's nearing the end of day 5 for me and today was the toughest by far! So for your self control with the "forbidden" foods . Today i also found myself craving carbs so badly!! And our house is chock packed with breads, bread sticks, nacho chips, chocolate, candy and i miss them as much as i would a limb!!
Yesterday i got through with yogurt mixed with jello (boy was it amazing!! So close to jelly (jello) mixed with ice cream which is one of my favourite desserts ever!!), however today it didn't do anything to curb my cravings, it was so bad i had THREE SERVINGS!! Also constantly ate pistachio nuts throughout the day, must have had at least 70 . I did finally make the mock pancakes i've been wanting to try for the last three days and while they were yummy, they were also really flat and tasted really eggy, and then i made a fritatta which was also eggy, so i've been on an egg overload today lol.

Ok, i also need to confess that i sort of broke down today. There was some delicious looking wedding cake just staring at me for the last two days and i couldnt resist and took a little bite, but (and i am so proud to say this) the moment i popped it into my mouth i spat it out because even though i went nuts on nuts and yoghurt jelly today, i was NOT going to start eating junk when i only have 9 more days to go! (a BIG reason i chose SB is cause i'm a sugar addict and hoped this would teach me to stop craving sweets)

ANYWAYS, sorry for the long comment and i hope you all are still staying strong! And here's heaps of for all of us!

Last edited by landie; 12-10-2007 at 03:54 AM.
landie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #73  
Visualizing the Goal

Aw, Landie, we are going to have to cyber-cheer each other on! Go AWAY cravings, GO AWAY!

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #74  
Visualizing the Goal

OK, I partially recind my grumblings from earlier. I wore a pair of jeans today that had been quite tight at the end of November. They *did* fit better today, so something is working. I really do have to work on my patience...

Double digits today! Only four days left in Phase 1.

One for every clean Phase 1 day:

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Kara - sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. I know that sometimes people will not lose any weight or even gain some for awhile and then boom all of a sudden 8-10lbs gone in a week. It can be very discouraging but if you are eating right and working out nothing but good can come from it.
Landie- it is tough especially around D5 or D6 to resist cravings. Have you tried the PB cups? They really are a life saver.

Here is some for both of you.

Today is D6 for me and yesterday was really bad. Getting over a cold and starting P1 probably wasn't the smartest thing. I was really sick bad headaches and severe fatigue aka.the sbd flu. The sbd flu combined with the cold I'm trying to get over is not the greatest thing in the world. None the less I didn't break and stayed OP. I did skip a couple of meals though which is really bad in P1 but I just wasn't feeling well enough to make them. I can't wait till DH gets back. It totally sucks when you are sick and have no one to take care of you. You add 3 kids to the mix and that only makes it worse. Anyways enough medicated ramblings (Dr put me on antibiotics) for me good luck to everyone on P1.
Pohai
I'm such a doofus today is D7 for me. It's a good thing I marked the calendar when I started.

Last edited by browneyedgirl77; 12-10-2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: doofusness!! lol
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote