Old 05-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Sissy and Lakegrad!

Angela, sounds like you're doing very well with Wave 1. Good job on avoiding the stuff at the wedding. I don't think I could have, and purposefully scheduled Wave 1 in between events so I wouldn't be tempted. Luckily it's only 10 days! When I got hungry on Wave 1, I ate lots of Tier 1 veggies (you can eat them in unlimited quantities). Surprisingly, it really helped. Maybe because of the high fiber content. For me, fiber + protein = feeling of fullness.

I am ready to get strictly back to Wave 2 tomorrow. Especially after what I ate this weekend. It wasn't all bad, but I haven't eaten at home since last Friday. Oh, except I hard-boiled some eggs to eat before our long bike ride yesterday morning. And even though I try to make wise Sonoma-type choices in restaurants, you just never know exactly what you're getting!

Today will be a good easing-in day. For breakfast I will have one hard-boiled egg and .5 cup of oatmeal with a bit of milk. For dinner, I'm planning a couple of recipes from the Sonoma Diet book: Chili-Mint Burgers and Green Bean and Tomato Salad. Also planning fresh strawberries and melon. The reason I cannot go back to Wave 1 now is I am enjoying the fresh fruit far too much! But lunch today is another story: Yet another restaurant meal as we celebrate a family birthday. And of course there will be cake and ice cream.

I have dinners planned through Thursday of this week and will post daily. I eat pretty much the same few things for breakfast and lunch and am not so worried about them. I just need to get back into cooking and eating dinner at home and watching my snacks. So do appreciate Clare starting this thread!

Last edited by sf40; 05-29-2006 at 11:20 AM.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #17  
cutting it out

S/C/G: 177/171/130

Hello everyone!

I am going to go for a walk today! I think this will be good for me my life is really stressful right now!

Everything is going great I am finally getting into this lifestyle....its just that I am drinking diet soda...I think it is great! I think it is better drinking a can of diet soda than eating a piece of cake...right? Yesterday, i didnt get to eat all that was on my menu. Is that a bad thing? I just didnt feel like eating it!

MENU Day 2
Breakfast- Peanut butter toast and 2 slices of turkey bacon
Lunch- chicken and cucumber salad
Dinner- steak and shrimp and salad probably

Tomorrow is the big day for you other ladies!
lakegrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #18  
cutting it out

S/C/G: 177/171/130

Hi sissy
lakegrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #19  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all of you on a great start!! The menu plans you have been posting look yummy and are giving me some good ideas, so thanks!

I am on track today and feeling great!! Sherry - you are totally right about the fiber + protein = fullness. I had my eggs and wholegrain toast again today and by lunchtime I still wasnt hungry!

I like to be a little spontaneous so I have been keeping a kitchen full of Sonoma foods and then creating whatever comes to mind. I have some idea of what I will eat, but like to mix it up a bit.

For today:
Brk - 2 eggs and WG toast
Lunch - spicy tuna salad w/ vinaigrette and half a pita
Dinner - meatloaf and steamed broc, mushroom and onion
Excercise - cardio 30 mins, weights for 15

Everyone keep up the good work!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone,

It sounds like you're doing a fantasitc job already. I've been so busy this weekend I've not had any internet time and only have 5 mins now, but wanted to come and post my planned eating for tomorrow:

B: Egg and wholegrain toast (with soy and linseed)
S: Red Pepper and laughing cow light wedge
L: Chilli chicken 'greek' salad
S: Not sure but have some seeds
D: Prawn stir fry with brown veg.

I'm also starting the BFL training program but not sure whether I need tomorrow to get the weights sorted in my own mind (as I'm using the website as a resource rather than a book) so may do my cardio. Unfortunately, post marathon walk, I've lost both little toe nails, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to start running this week.. (sorry to be gross)

Look forward to hearing about your days tomorrow.
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #21  

PS. I'm trying to write far too quick- I'm having brown rice and stir fried veg tomorrow (it will only be 'brown' veg if something goes badly wrong!!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #22  

Good thing I'm not starting in earnest until Tuesday because tonight's dinner plans did not come to pass. We were so full from lunch and cake & ice cream that we didn't want to eat until a little while ago. And the lunch leftovers sounded so good. But it's okay because the ground turkey will keep until Wednesday!

Tuesday's eating plan:
Breakfast: 1 hard-cooked egg and .5 cup oatmeal with a bit of 2% milk
Snack: tbd, may not need it
Lunch: 1 sauteed chicken breast (I cook 3-4 at time) sliced and stuffed into a whole wheat pita along with hummus, salad greens, and sliced tomatoes. Will have fresh fruit for dessert.
Snack: tbd*
Dinner: 2 recipes from the Sonoma Diet book: Shrimp with Serranos and Southwestern Grain Medley. Will add a spinach salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette (from the book and yummy) and fresh fruit for dessert.

*I like to be somewhat flexible with snacks and have a list of Wave 2 appropriate snacks. For each day, I also indicate the minimum number of vegetable servings I should have and how many servings of grains, fruit, protein/dairy, and fat I can have. I am such a geek, as I eat meals and snacks, I check off various boxes.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:43 AM   #23  

Hi Girls,
Thank you for the welcomes Well,here it is my second day on Wave 1 and I got up this morning feeling full One thing I have noticed about this way of eating is,it does keep you from being hungry. I ate so much veggies yesterday which I like but never ate as much. I think getting in the 3 squares a day is a lttle hard for me at this time but in the long run it'll pay off. Its a way of life and quite a change. Looking to be successful this time around. In all my 71 yrs,its the weight that has been my concern and one thing I have not had success with. Oh yes I have taken off a million pounds a thousand times but my difficulty has been keeping it off. Okay enough of my rambling.
Here is the menu for today.
Break.............PB toast,coffee
Lunch............cod fish,roasted veggies,coffee
Dinner...........Veg. omelet,slice tomato,cuke salad,edamame
Don't know about snacks yet. I keep reading the book to make sure I'm doing the right way.

Sorry for the long words. Have a wonderful and successful day

Sissy M
sissym2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Hi Ladies:

I got hungry reading your menus! I am not posting my menu today, as I need to plan, and to do some shopping.

However, I want to say that I think it is really important to eat the planned snacks. I have finally realized that my body needs something every 3 hours. I used to be able to go without eating until noon, was seldom hungry, and never lost weight. Since I have been reminding myself to eat, I have lost weight.

Believe it or not, I am using my countdown timer feature on my cell for every three hours. It goes off and I think wow, I just ate something. But, since I have done this method, I have lost weight.

So, it seems that my body has a high tolerance for starvation. If I don't eat, I will store fat in a heart beat.

Keep up the good work and hello to the new ladies.

~Cate
Woodstock Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 224/160

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Ladies

I haven't checked in 3Fat chicks for a couple of months and decided its time to get my butt back in gear! Oh boy! How lucky am I to have found a group starting Wave 1 today! I am so excited and I am looking forward in sharing this journey with all of you. I am here for support anytime and I look forward in getting to know each of you. Clareh thank you so much for starting this thread!!! This is just what I need to get me motivated again. Ok here it is in a nut shell..............
I just turned 50 and I need to lose about 75 pounds to be at my ideal weight. I am an emotional eater and I have often given in to self defeating habits. I am here now hoping with the help from great Sonoma partners like you I can over come this and reach my goals. I will do my best to read and post daily and give support and be truthful about my meal plan.
Day#1
breakfeast:
omelt, 1 small whole grain waffle and black decaf coffee

I am off to a good start!
Good luck to all and have a successful day!!!

Abby
abby1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #26  

Oh, I've just spent 20 mins writing a looong post and the system has deleted it!

And now I only have 5 mins again. Hope everyone's doing well on day 1 for some and more than that for others. I have some work to do as after the weekend's festivities and no exercise (as well as pending TOM) I appear to have gained 3lbs! I'm not adjusting my tracker as I will only have to adjust it down at the end of the week

I'm working out on the elliptical tonight and will go for an hour if my feet allow and then starting BFL tomorrow.

Today's food's not been too bad. I felt quite weak after work and had two crispbreads with some chickpea spread. I think I need to put my carbs back in the middle of the day so will experiment with that this week.

Tomorrow's plan

B: Egg and wholegrain toast
S: Seeds
L: Chicken salad (possibly with half a pitta bread)
S: Red pepper and chickpea spread
D: Not sure- vegetable based but quite fancy cooking something luxurious like a vegetable bake with some lf cheese for my protein (yum!)

Hope you're all having a great day and can't wait to hear how you're getting on
Old 05-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #27  

Day one over. And I have had a slice of wholemeal toast with pb after my prawns and veg as I was still hungry. I tried to count my snacks as my wholegrain but that didn't work, so won't do that again.

30 mins on elliptical, and boy was I sweating by the end!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #28  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Hooray for those of you on Day 1!! Just starting can be half the battle! Now this Sonoma party is truly rolling!! I don't know about anyone else, but I am really enjoying this thread. If anyone's up for it - can we keep it going into Wave 2?? It's really kept me motivated and I don't want to lose my enthusiasm. Besides - I like getting to know all of you !

By the way, I made THE BEST dinner tonight! I didn't know exactly what it was going to be until it all came together, but it was great - I'm calling it Steak Mafioso with Oatmeal Encrusted Eggplant, named after a dish I used to eat in a little italian restaurant in Boston. I tend to just throw things into pans rather than follow recipes, but I will try to figure out the measurements and post it to the recipes area.

Incase I don't though, I'll give everyone a quick rundown. Dip some sliced eggplant in an egg and coat with oats, then fry for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, marinade some steak pieces - I used garlic, worcestershire, and steak seasoning. Chop some fresh veg - I used mushroom, zucchini and onion. Cook the steak up and when it's about half done add the veggies. Toss in a few more spices - hungarian paprika, italian seasoning, and salt worked for me. When veggies are soft add a can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Then pour your yummy steak and veg sauce over the fried eggplant, sprinkle with a bit of parmesan, and you have a gourmet meal -you'd never know you were on a diet!

Day 6:
Brk - 2 veg saus and slice of PB toast
Lunch - Spicy tuna salad
Snack - 10 almonds
Dinner - Steak Mafioso and Oatmeal encrusted eggplant
Excercise - 30mins cardio, 10 mins weights

Last edited by wish4fit; 05-30-2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: missed a word
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #29  

Hello all! I just started Sonoma on Monday and was hoping I could join in. I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers but have regained it all - UGH! I really like the plan of Sonoma and feel that it's do-able for me. Whenever I started South Beach, I would have horrific headaches and sugar cravings, but so far, albeit on Day 2, I'm not experiencing any such problems on Sonoma. The only issue has been hunger, but that's because I'm not in the habit of preparing veggies to have on hand to snack on (more likely to reach for a bag of M & Ms, unfortunately). I will weigh in on my 10th day, which is next Wednesday.
katec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #30  

Welcome, katec!

Today went sort-of according to plan.

Around lunch-time, I was unexpectedly nowhere near my food, but I was near a grocery store and had access to a microwave oven, so purchased a Lean Cuisine Spa Cuisine meal. It was the Med. Chicken and not too bad, though kinda less food than what I'm used to.

Cate, thanks for the reminder about eating frequently. And boy was I hungry after my weight work-out this morning so had red bell pepper strips and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge (protein to repair muscles). Snacks this afternoon consisted of a few spoonfuls of low-fat cottage cheese, more raw veggies, and Wasa multigrain crackers with PB (I usually snack 2-3 times in the afternoon).

This evening did not have spinach salad because I realized there is enough vegetables in the two recipes I prepared to be considered a serving. Less work! Yay!

Wednesday's plan:
B: "protein pancake"
S: TBD
L: what I was supposed to have today
S (2-3): TBD
D: Two recipes from the book: Chili-Mint Burgers and Tomato and Green Bean Salad. Will also have fruit