Old 06-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Another newbie. Need help, as I must be stupid.

As I read the recipes from Wave 1 and Wave 2, I'm not really seeing any huge difference in the lunches and dinners. I mean, I know you can't have fruit, and some veggies are different... but the core stuff seems to be the same. Am I missing something here?

Also, can we really have unlimited tier 1 veggies?

If I only have a veggie omlet for breakfast, can I then use that left over grain for lunch?

Also, there is no cheese listed in wave 1, but some wave 1 recipes call for low fat cheese... so then I guess we can eat cheese, yes or no?

I'm really excited about this diet. I've read the book, but I'm still a bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #2  

Welcome. I'll try and answer your questions, but the first thing is to relax!! This plan isn't some magical formula of exactly what to eat so there aren't any hard fast rules.

The food itself from Wave 1 and 2 is pretty much the same, with the addition of fruit in Wave 2 as well as I think a bit more grain ( someone correct me if I'm wrong here because I am at work and don't have the book here.)

It really is going to be tough to make yourself fat on veggies, unless of course you cover them with butter, oil and cheese. So eat up. Veggies are very low in calories for the most part so if you find youself hungry, always grab for those veggies.

The purpose of the proportions is to retain ourselves on what a "normal" amount of food is. One problem with not eating all the amount of food at one meal is the possibility of becoming hungry and binging. I would say eat your grain with your breakfast, but there is no law you cannot interchange lunch and breakfast meals.. So you can eat you "lunch" meal at breakfast and your "breakfast meal" at lunch.. so have a veggie omlete for breakfast, add some additional veggies to get the 40% protein and 60% Tier 1 vegetables and then have 75% of the plate with protein (such as scrambled eggs) and 25% with whole grains, such as a slice of whole grain toast at lunch.

Dairy plays a minor role in Sonoma so yes you can have it, but think of is as an accent rather than a primary componant in food.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hello luv!

Linda said it all really. I just wanted to comment that you're not missing anything- and you're certainly not stuupid!!

Come and join us in the monthly exercise thread- that is the bit that the book leaves out!!
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #4  

Hey, it takes time to learn the program. You aren't stupid - you asked a question for help!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote