Old 05-31-2006, 02:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Katec- glad you're joining us.

wish4fit- is your aubergine a bit like parmigiana? I discovered that last week and need to work out how to make it Sonoma friendly.

Sherry- I'm sorry you didn't make your presidential challenge, but you are sooo close you can beat the next one.

Now just off to cook my eggs (am adding spinach and ham to keep me super full this morning)

Here's to a happy and healthy day ahead!
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:56 AM   #32  

Hi,
Looks like everyone is really getting into the swing of Wave 1. Its a great idea to continue into Wave 2. I have to be accountable and this is the best way. I look foward coming here every morning to let everyone know my day and to read how well you all are doing with your day and menus. Yesterday I found out that I wasn't prepared when we went out shopping (no snack)So I had a sugar drop and had to take a Altoid which my DH had in his car. That showed me I better be prepared next time. On the way home I had to open a rye crisp so I could get thru it.

Today's Menu
B.........eggs,WG toast,coffee
s.........to be decided on
L..........Pork tenderloin,roasted veggies,tomato &cuke salad,brown rice
s..............
D.........Greek Salad,coffee

Not sure about what I will have for snacks either nuts or some type of veg. maybe some radishs which I bought yesterday. Well girls, enjoyed your day with good choices and healthy eating. Keep up the good work
sissym2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #33  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello KateC - glad you are here !

I am very happy to say that I have my first week on WAVE 1 almost complete!! Hooray! I am glad that some of you will be sticking around though WAVE 2 - the encouragement should help us all. I still havn't hit the scales but I've noticed some slimming on my thighs - I think it's working :! Official weigh day is not til day 11 - after the complete cycle of Wave 1.

Clareh - my eggplant dinner is alot like a parmigiana, only better because you get to add steak and lots of yummy veggies . I am going to make it again with chicken one night too. I think the secret was lots of garlic and using whole oats as a breading on the eggplant. Yummy!

Everyone seems to be sticking with it. I have also noticed that snacks are a MUST. It's strange - some days I don't need 'em, other days I can't live witout 'em!! Today was a can't live without 'em day, but I've made it. Only dinner left to go and I've got it all planned.

Sissy - I noticed you split your coffee up, 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. I generally have my 2 cups gone by noon and come early evening I am craving another - it's like my comfort food! Do you ever get coffee cravings??? I think I am having more of those than sugar cravings!! I think I will try your way tomorrow and see if that helps...

Day 7 menu:
Brk - egg whites with smoked salmon and slice of PB toast
Snack - 14 peanuts, 4 cherry tomatoes
Lunch - leftover steak mafioso and eggplant parmigiana
Snack - celery stix and cucumber slices
Dinner- Thai spiced chicken breast and roasted veggies

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #34  

Sissy- your menu sounds gorgeous. What is cuke? I hate it when I don't know food!

wish4fit- I am soo going to be trying your steak soon! You seem like you're really getting into the swing of things.

My day hasn't been bad. I've been feeling a bit week and have had 2 slices of wholegrain toast with pb as an afternoon snack. I'm going to balance this by having a spoonful of rice or quinoa pilaff with my dinner instead of a whole portion- can't get too low carb as am spinning before breakfast in the morning.

My sugar cravings have pretty much vanished- I'd been having chocolate every day until going back to wave 1. And TOM is imminent so should be a lot easier for the rest of the month.

Tomorrow's plan

Spinning
B: 2 slices wholegrain toast and PB
S: Pepper and lspn lentil spread
L: Chicken salad with cherry tomatos
S: Not sure (almonds?)
D: TBD from the book

Have a great day
Old 05-31-2006, 05:03 PM   #35  

I've checked back in as I've had a bit of reflection time in the bath, after a fantastic meal of courgettes, tomatoes, onions and a bit of lf mozarella and a few spoonfulls of brown rice. I was thinking that my 'week off' last week ( a rebellion against following a training plan for so long, me thinks) didn't make me feel half as good as eating healthily does. So I'm not going to beat myself up over an extra snack but use that energy to work out and enjoy feeling great.

Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy day.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Hello Ladies:

Just wanted pop in and let you know something I heard today. It is called the Wendie Plan, and most people associate it with WW. However, the rule can apply to all diets in my opinion.

I met a woman at WW today that has lost 30 lbs. since January. She is now a size 2!!!!!!!! Very pretty and rides a Harley! She told me about this plan and she says she has lost weight weekly by varying her food intake.

Please check this out if you have been at a plateau. After losing 6 lbs. this week and have a burrito and three beers one day. It proves to me that the plan works.

See what you think and let's talk about using this in conjunction with Sonoma.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60078 If that doesn't work go to WW forum and see Wendie Plan.

~Cate
Woodstock Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,

Don't have much time to post tonight, food intake not too close to plan today but for good reason. I might have posted on the "exercise" thread last week about a job interview? I guess I did well in the interview because they offered me the job today. I really want this job so I'm very excited about it and plan to accept tomorrow! The senior partner called as I was getting ready to prepare lunch and of course I was so nervous I lost my appetite. I just got it back a while ago, so snacked on leftover grain medley, cottage cheese, and chocolate protein powder with low-fat milk (not too bad). Dinner plans are scrapped as we're going out to celebrate and there is sure to be drinks involved. Well, it's not every day you get offered your near-dream job!

So will read and properly reply later tonight or tomorrow.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #38  

Good Morning All,

Well,here it is day 4 and still getting along fairly decent. Yesterday afternoon I did get into some raisins for some reason and the thing of it is I don't even like them that much. Did I have regrets about it, yes a little but got over it real quick else I would have been in real trouble knowing how my thinking has gone before. You all know what I mean.

Sherry.............congrats on getting your near dream job. I have heard of the Wendie plan and tried it when I did WW.

Wish4fit.........I am a coffee crazy person but I needed to watch my intake
because I'm not suppose to drink any of it.But being the addict that I am,taking away my coffee is like taking my arm. I drink more when we do road trips and during our cruising season on board ship.It too, is a comfort drink for me and like you I can crave it.

Clareh...........Cuke is a slang i.e. cucumber and you may see me use the word musher i.e. mushrooms. Guess its a throw back from my youth growing up in New Jersey. My uncle had a Italian Grocery Store and I saw signs with the word on it. As far as musher is concern Lord only knows exactly where that came from. Guess I'm trying to create a new word .

The only thing I can tell you about breakfast today is,I tried to create the taste of rice pudding and it just didn't do it. So here is my menu:

B............1 c rice,1 c. milk,coffee
S............radishes
L.............chicken tenders, leftover roasted veggies,coffee
S.............11 almonds toasted(they taste so much better)
D.............Steak and mushers,leftover roasted veggies,maybe coffee

Sorry for the long wind reply.Have a great and successful day everyone
See you tomorrow
Old 06-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #39  

Sherry- fantastic news on the job!!

Sissy- thanks for the 'cuke' explanation- I understand now- I thought there migth've been a fantastic low calorie food that I didn't know about.

Haven't done badly today but again, not strictly OP as I had a quarter cookie as my afternoon snack. I need to tell myself that I'm allergic or something!

Am currently planning tomorrows menu and fancying something spicy for dinner....
Old 06-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #40  
Angela

Ladies - do I have some motivation for you!! I know I told myself I wouldn't weigh until the end of the 10 days, but today, on the morning of Day 8, I just couldn't resist...... To my complete shock I am down FIVE POUNDS since starting on Sonoma!!! I was counting calories for over 2 months before I started this plan and only lost 5 in that entire time!! I'm not changing my ticker just yet, I'm a little fearful that it's some fluke or something, but come day 11 and I'm still at the same weight, I am moving it on down - WOOHOO!

And the moral of the story - for all of you just starting WAVE 1 and everyone else on Sonoma, KEEP IT UP!!! IT WORKS!!

Todays menu:
brk - 2 veg saus & PB toast
sn - 5 cherry tomatoes
lunch - chxn & blk bean sal w/ vinaigrette
snack- nuts and seees
dinner- minnestrone soup (no pasta) and PB toast
Excercise - 40 mins cardio

Here's to another successful day!!
BTW - Congrats on your new job Sherry, it sounds like you are really happy with it!

Angela
Old 06-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #41  

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Congratulations to Sherry on the job and to Angela for the great results! Day 4 is almost over and I feel like I'm in the groove. I did cheat a little today, but it was on, of all things, CARROTS - there were a couple in my soup and I decided I was too hungry to pick them out. If that's as bad as it gets, I'm doing well. In fact, and this is sad to say, this is the longest I've gone without any "cheating" in over 2 years.

I am really looking forward to adding fruit come next Thursday, though!
katec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #42  

Hi All,

Angela,that is wonderful and inspiring news,congrats on your weight loss.I know its hard to stay off the scale and I am resisting. Well today starts day 5and with it my determination to succeed. Will I be perfect? No! I've tried that before and it only put stress on me with the end results being a total disaster.
Its wonderful being able to come to a site and share menus and thoughts with people who are in the same boat as you. I thank you all for that. With each others help we can do nothing but be successful in our quest reaching our goals each day and in the long term.

Here is todays menu.........The snacks I haven't decided on yet,its according to what I want at that particular time

B..............WG bread,PB,coffee
S..............
Lunch.........tuna,onions,tomatoes,cukes,eggplant
S..............
Dinner.........Southwestern Skillet (recipe out of Sonoma booklet)

See you all tomorrow,have a wonderful week-end,keep up the good work and success to all of us , day by day,meal by meal
Old 06-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #43  
Angela

Well, I didn't post yesterday....because I am guilty. I had a 'beer dinner' last night. There was nothing Sonoma about it at all!! Just beer .... I went to a 6 o'clock movie with friends right after a busy day. Afterwards we planned to go to a pub and get food and drinks. I figured I could order a chicken salad or something, but by the time we arrived they had switched over to their 'late-night' menu. They were only serving a limited amount of finger foods ranging from nachos to fried chicken wings. Given the 'healthy' options I skipped on the food and was about to order a coffee when a friend came over to me with a beer. He was being nice and had bought me a drink. I should have turned it down because before I knew it I had not only drank it but I had ordered another too! I stopped ordering my own after that but continued to take sips of my fiance's.

By the time we left it was after midnight. My fiance and some other people were hungry so we went to a late night kebab hut. I ordered a bottled water and refrained from the yummy doner kebabs. Even still, there is nothig healthy about beer for dinner. I like to go out for drinks 1-2 times a week with friends and it always seems to be my downfall on diets. That's part of the reason Sonoma appealed to me - the wine with dinner is right up my alley. But that luxury wasn't supposed to come til tomorrow!!

Well, not to be too discouraged. The rest of the day was great and I got up this morning and to my shock wasn't even hungry. I ate my Sonoma friendly breakfast and am about to head out for a long afternoon walk - the weather is great. Today is my Day 10 - here's to WAVE 2!! Hope you are all having a great weekend!!!

Menu:
Brk - veg saus and PB toas
snack - nuts and seeds
lunch - sezchuan prawns w/ brown rice
dinner - Beer !
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #44  

Great results Angela. I've had a sneaky peak and have lost 3lbs! Unfortunately this means that my tracker no longert lies!

The thing I struggle with with Sonoma is that you're either following the way if eating or not, so I can understand your dinner woes! WW or similar would allow you not to feel bad about the beer, but trying to be a perfectionist I would feel discouraged too! However, the important thing is to put it in perspective- I meal won't change anything it may just slow you down a bit.

I have a challenge in that I'm going to dinner at a friends' house tonight so will have no control over what I'm offered. I'll just try not to be hungry when I go and eat mindfully.

Today:

B: half bagel with egg and gilled bacon
S: Brazil nuts
L: Salad with egg, artichoke, green beans and lf feta (YUM!)
S: Something quite filling like PB toast
as
D: ??????

Starting BFL tomorrow so am looking forward to getting back on the weights. Planned exercise rest day today.

Have a great Saturday
Old 06-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #45  

Angela, I agree with Clareh about one meal or slip will not change anything.Clareh congrats on you weight loss. I too took a peak(couldn't resist)and loss 2 lbs.I must get into exercise this coming week. Had a problem with sciatic nerve,so it slows me down a bit. I have a Gazelle which makes it great to exercise in AC during these extremely hot days and months in Florida.

Menu for today

B...........WC toast,egg,coffee
S............almonds
L.............chicken,eggplant.roasted asparagus,red pepper and oinions
S.............radish
D.............musheroom parmesan using lg. portabellas not sure what else at this point.

Have a wonderful week end everybody. I won't be posting tomorrow,going to our daughters for breakfast,lunch etc. No sure what she's having,but knowing her she'll do something healthy.