Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #91  
pk1947

S/C/G: 192/180/118

Will I'm new here but I think I will join in if that is okay. I did 45 minutes of cardio and 30 mins. light weights.

Pat
Old 03-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Cate- that's an amazing workout you did at the gymn.

Looks like we've all been kicking some here.

My training is really starting to ramp up for the next 6 weeks (yawn!) so tonight is a 7.5 mile walk.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #93  

Ooh, and I've lost a pound! Small victory but the scale doesn't seem to be a good measure at the moment.

I was very excited to get into UK size 14 (US10) jeans in the January sale. Now I may need to go shopping again for smaller ones...
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Hey Clareh, congrats on the lost pound and especially going into a smaller size! I think you are exactly right about the scale not being a good measure of progress. To use my last few weeks as an example, the scale says I weigh the same, which is good considering I did no exercise and my eating was so-so. But my jeans are a bit snug ... I think I've probably lost some muscle and gained some fat. That is not good because I personally would rather weigh "more" and be fit than weigh "less" but still be flabby.

Today I did a weight workout for my chest and triceps. I know I need to do cardio to burn the fat, but am not ready to do cardio every day yet. Am planning 3 days this week: swimming on Wednesday and Friday and biking on Sunday. Next week I'll go to 4 days and build up to 6. Though I feel like a slacker when I see what Clareh and Cate are doing!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #95  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SF & HAPPY~ WELCOME BACK!!
Hope SF feels better and can't wait for Happy to tell us about the trip and the spa!!

You gals are really exercising away!!! Great work!!
I did a lot of food shopping(cases of water etc) and will give the upper body a miss today but 30 mins on the pedals this afternoon.
Have a great night!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #96  

I haven't done any exercise today, but my pilates machine came in the mail yesterday, and I'm hoping that hubby has it put together when I get home so I can try that tonight.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #97  

30 minutes of cardio, and an hour of Nick the Trainer. As today was our last session, we did measurements and such. What fun to see the inches coming off as well as the pounds!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:33 AM   #98  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

30 mins. Happy Wednesday!!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:56 AM   #99  
Marathon Goddess

Good Morning Ladies,

I've done my yoga everyday since I got back, and I promise to post some pics as soon as I figure out how to get them from my camera to here, but I will tell y'all it was beautiful, we hiked in the catalina mountains, we were actually surrounded by 4 mountain ranges, we did yoga looking at them, they were a constant back drop, and it was amazing. Being from a different time zone we were able to be up everyday and watch the sun rise over them. I took a couple of meditation, nutrition, and breathing classes along with the yoga, and hiking. Very educational, even had lunch with the nutritionist one day. Then there were the spa treatments, holy cow thats awesome, and the food, lets just say I didnt lose weight!!! Everything has its calorie counts, so you can see that great food can be healthy, whole, & organic. Only you can eat as much as you want, 4 desserts no problem!! I ate fish with nearly every meal, yummy, and it shows in my skin, it glows!!! I ate my moneys worth!! Also they treat you like royalty, the entire time, I couldnt recommend it more!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #100  

Nothing for me last night, I have the starting of a cold, went home kissed my husband, kissed my baby, and went to bed. Tonight though I'm going to workout on my new pilates machine, hubby had it put together when I got home last night.

Happy - Where did you go, it sounds wonderful!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #101  
Marathon Goddess

Donna

It was the Mirival spa and resort, in Catalina Arizona. I seriously would recommend it to anyone. My hubby had the exact same reactions as I did. He said we were going back, and never vacationing anywhere else again!!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #102  

I was wondering, because hubby and I were looking at it on the internet this weekend, and are thinking about going for our 5th wedding anniversary in November. I used to live in Tucson, and still have friends down there, so we were thinking about doing it all while we were there.

I glad you liked the experience, I'll have to talk to hubby more about it this evening.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Hello Ladies:

This morning I am really tired. No wonder since my old flabby body isn't used to exercise! Yesterday I did an hour of combination treadmill and stationary bike. I thought about going to the step class, however, last time I did a step class, I hurt my knee, so I am a little hesitant.

Today I did 45 minutes on the treadmill, and an hour Body Pump class. That pump (weight lifting to music) class is a kicker. Even though I am using the low end weights, it is tough. Just keeps me more motivated to keep up with the other ladies. My instructor is a goddess! She is definitely an inspiration.

I looked around the class today and wondered if I was every going to be able to do push up from my toes, rather than my knees. I will not know that if I don't keep going. So, I am here urging you all to keep pushing it, we all deserve to be as fit as we can be.

~Cate
Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Happy, your spa experience sounds wonderful! My mom lives in north Tucson so I've been trying to talk her into doing a day-trip or overnighter at Miraval sometime. After hearing about it from you, I think I need to do more talking!

Cate, keep working on the pushups! I change my strength workout around every couple of months and recently reintroduced pushups. Even after 6+ months of working with weights, I still do most of my pushups from my knees and some from my toes. But every week, I change the ratio and hope to be able to do all of them from my toes at some point.

Speaking of pushups, I am pretty sore from yesterday's chest and triceps workout. But it's the good kind, where you know you have muscles! This morning, I did a weight workout for my shoulders and calves. Tonight after work hubby and I are swimming at the gym. Can't wait!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #105  

Happytx- I can't wait to see pics of those mountains. I do yoga in a church hall and it doesn't sound so romantic!!

Cate - fab workout. I can do about 5 pushups from my toes now, which is hardly very impressive, but the first one I did I was wrapt (sp?) about

sf- My next goal is to introduce some weights, but while I keep dragging myself round Warwick in the dark a.k.a power walking, I can't find the time.

Today is my rest day as I'm spinning on Friday. Can't wait to sit on the sofa and read instead of doing anything! It is the finale of The Biggest Loser tonight in the UK (the one where Matt wins) and even though I know he wins I can't wait to see it- so inspiring.

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow to report on my pre work spinning class and post work 8 mile walk.
Closed Thread