Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Well, YAY!! How cool is that? And you know she'll love it to pieces!!

That stinks about you feeling bad -- darn antibiotics! They fix one problem and create another!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Anniversaries of tragedies, both personal and public, can be tough on us. At the same time, it's important to honor lived lives with our memories.

I've done well with my eating and exercising I am down 2 pounds this week by my home scales, which are not in sync with WWs (although they are WW brand!) If I really am down two pounds that will be the first time in months...I don't trust it.

Sandra, so glad you enjoyed the dancing...I can see you twirling around the floor to great waltz tunes now!

Rhonda
Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. we just finished lunch. the smoke is back so we're not going bowhunting. season's been open since sept 2 and we haven't gone once. that's all right. i will go to w a later today. my feet are still sore from yesterday. now i know what kind of problems hammer toes can cause. (now doesn't that sound like i have gorgeous tootsies?)

vickie, curtis took our travel trailer in today to have some work done on it. the service dept will take it to winter storage where it will rest till we head south in november. then they will pick it up and de-winterize it for us. so i can relate to closing your pool.

rhonda, i weighed this am and was down half a pound.

kathy, reading your post made me remember what i was doing when i heard about kennedy's assination. i was standing underneath a basketball goal at grandview high school. we were practicing for a game that was to be played against duncanville that same night. the game was cancelled. the duncanville team was at the parade in dallas that day.

paula, sounds like you're doing well. i am proud of you.

angela and vickie, i hope you girls are feeling better.

rhonda, congratulations, cuz!!! you did better than i did. i need to eat more fruit/veggies.

got to go. curtis needs the phone.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #34  
Melissa

Hi gals! I'm so proud of myself for controlling my eating today. Knowing I was going to have to talk to DH about how he did today was quite motivating.

Sandra, your lessons sound like so much fun. I would love to take them. They are so expensive around here, maybe I'll find a good deal one of these days. My MIL wants to do a line dancing class with me if I can ever find one. I think that would be fun too. Sorry you didn't get to go bowhunting today. That stinks.

Paula, don't worry about bringing us down. You have no idea all of the crazy things we have shared with each other on this board. This is always a safe place to share. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm sure all of the September events do not make things any easier.
On a brighter note, yes you can definitely order things through my website! You can also host what is called a catalog show. That's just collecting orders, and with enough orders you get free stuff! It's a great program.

Vickie, I got that calendar deal from Vistaprint today too. I meant to post on here and let everyone know that if you go to the website and give them your email address they'll send you all sorts of free and cheap deals. I've been getting at least one a week. Sorry you didn't make it to WW today, and I hope that you're feeling better.

Kathy, you definitely have more energy than me. I've heard different things about signing up with Arbonne. I've known two people who did it and then once they got into it decided it wasn't as good as it sounded. But I guess it all depends on what you're trying to get out of it.

Rhonda, congrats on moving the scale down, no matter how much!

Off to finish up my yummy supper! I haven't had cola chicken in so long...
Old 09-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #35  
Melissa

Where is everybody tonight??
Old 09-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #36  

Well, I'm writing emails to my family members about various matters and wanting to drink wine and not wanting to exercise !
Old 09-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm here! I just showered and cooked dinner. I'm tired now. Jim has an early doctor appointment tomorrow for his shoulder. I'll be up at 6:30 so I don't think I'll be up too late tonight. I tried to stretch my ankle out so that I could get back on the treadmill and now it hurts almost as bad as it did when I first did it. I'm going to ice it in a little while. My Sister thinks it will help. Big Sisters are always right, aren't they?

Melissa, I'm SO glad you had a great day today. How was the cola chicken? I love to make it with oven fries. It makes me feel decadent.

Sandra, what a bummer that you and Curtis can't get outside when you love the outdoors so much. I hope the smoke goes away soon so you can get back to your archery. My Mom had hammertoes and they hurt her alot.

Rhonda, hang on to those 2 pounds. I know how excited you'll be if they really are gone. Back away from the wine!!!!!!!

Kath, I did such a great job on that calendar...can you tell I'm just tickled pink? The Niece is hard to buy for and really hard to surprise and tickle. I'm just so sure that she's going to love this. I won't have it until September 23 because I picked the back of ant speed shipping so it would be really really cheap. I don't need it until Christmas anyway. I did forget to check and see what size it is. I hope it's bigger than 2 x 2 so she doesn't need a magnifying glass to read it. Is their stock good quality and heavy?

Frouf, we miss you! Hope you're having fun.

Gotta go soon.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #38  

I'm here, just trying to survive. I've been on the phone with the student loan people; Shaun can't pay his payments while he's gone (actually I've been paying them for the last several months) but since he's not here, he can't authorize a payment from my account. *I'm* not authorized to even speak to them, but they will take my money except they can't tell me how much they're going to debit. Sigh ... I'm so tempted to just tell them to let it go to collections and we'll sort it out later. Makes me want to say all sorts of dirty words but I'm resisting so far.

I got home from work around 7, talked to them for 45 minutes, took a bath, put the dogs in and out and in and out, Judd just called (I think I was a buzz kill because I'm having SUCH a day) and now I'm watching TV before going to make my lunch and empty the dishwasher.

Maybe I'll just scrounge up for some ebay stuff, sell everything, and pay those stupid load payments. It really ticks me off that they can't understand HE CAN'T TALK TO THEM RIGHT NOW. Plus, they had told me it was all up to date and now it seems as though that person didn't know what they were talking about. I've paid a little over $500 in the last 3 months and that's not enough?

Oops, just realized I went back to the Sallie Mae mess. Sorry...
Old 09-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #39  

Vickie, I've selected "ant" speed for mine too ... no need to pay extra for something that doesn't have to be here until December! I'm sure you'll be happy with it; the quality has been really good on all my stuff. I'm still debating on ordering extra sets of everything. How can you pass up free?

I'm hungry but not willing to go make or eat anything right now. Maybe I'll just eat a carrot.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, how did Aaron do today?

Kathy, that stinks! Maybe they think you are lying about Shaun being in boot camp. I'm sure people have told bigger lies. What's Sallie Mae?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #41  

Sallie Mae is the federal student loan program. Sometimes they're nice, sometimes they're not, but you can't get the same person two times in a row. This lady tonight was awesome, but we talked too long and when she transferred me to the "resolution" department, it was one minute past 8 and they were closed. I stifled a dirty word at that point.

I'm also wondering about Aaron's day. I would SO love for Judd to do WW Core with me because he can really stick to something if he understands it and believes it'll work. He's a little stalled right now but it's probably because his friend just left Raytheon and came back to work with us, which means the two of them are going out to lunch frequently. And then this week, he's TDY and eating in restaurants. Although he's striving for broiled fish, salads, steamed vegetables, I'm sure there are times when he is force-fed a cookie.

The promise of rain didn't materialize. We're still dry here; yet there were areas of Dallas that had strong storms and winds with lots of homes damaged. We just can't catch a break here.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #42  
Melissa

I think Aaron did really well today but it was accidental. He was really busy today and didn't have time to eat much. I still have to look up how many points he gets per day. Of course for the most part we are just eating core suppers and he doesn't know it.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #43  

That's the beauty of Core -- at least for dinner! Every dinner I make is Core and Judd has no idea. Whether it's grilled fish or chicken, corn on the cob, black beans and rice, pinto beans, mashed potatoes, oven roasted potatoes, and even casseroles like whole wheat rotini with FF cheese and broccoli, or whole wheat spaghetti and chicken, broccoli, tomatoes ... he has no clue! I've even made the Core cornbread and nobody knew the difference. Talk about sneaky, huh?!?!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #44  

Vickie...are you telling me that wine is NOT core????

Good night everyone!

Rhonda
Old 09-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

melissa, i love your enthusiasm. i'm sooooo glad aaron's doing ww with you. our dance lessons are free through the women's club. non members are paying $96 per couple for the 6 week course. some country western places give free dance lessons. you might find your line dancing there. or what about a senior citizen center? i know you're not old enough (by a long long ways) but your mil might be and might be able to get you in.

cuz, wine sounds good. i'm a little tired after w a and coud use some. curtis just had a baileys and hot chocolate.

vickie, i hope your ankle is better. my toes are all right today. i need to find me some nice shoes that don't hurt them to wear to rhonda's wedding. i don't think she'll want me there dancing in my socks. curtis and i are planning to go out this coming weekend. we are even expecting some snow by this weekend.

kathy, i hope you get it all worked out soon. that has to be frustrating.

melissa,, i'm guessing aaron should eat 28 pts per day. i think that's what curtis is supposed to eat. (but he's eating many many more) he's on the treadmill right now. that should help.
Closed Thread