Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Are you saying I'm extra clumsy or an over-achiever?

I guess you're right, it wasn't a normal break. Since it included a break and dislocation and nerve damage, PLUS a sprain, it must be the sprain that's causing the ongoing misery. The bone has healed (although I swear that screw is trying to back out because there's a new knot on the back of my foot) so now we wait on the nerves and sprain.

I have great sympathy for people whose foot or feet hurt. We HAVE to have them to get around, ya know!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Ouch...and I think that my feet hurt...once again, gotta count those blessings....maybe you hurt it so badly because you are doing so much rofl-ing!? :wink:

Sandra, I got in some exercise but not much..just walked a couple of miles today across campus and back and here and there. Couldn't cope with WATP tonight!

Night all...
Old 09-13-2006, 10:29 PM   #78  

meant

what's my problem with the smilies today???
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #79  

Okay, Vickie -- how about that win? And what about Gary Matthews Jr. having that cycle? Just the third Ranger in the history of the club to do it.

Our former Governor, Ann Richards, passed away tonight. It's pretty sad -- she was the first (and only) woman governor. When our company was still Hughes Training, Judd took her for a ride in one of our simulators. It was one of the ones that we developed that had different commercial applications: roller coaster, space shuttle ride, etc. This thing used to travel to different movie theaters.

I got another letter from Shaun today PLUS a phone call this afternoon! He said he's having a great time, it's not hard and nobody gets in your face unless you mess up (and he hasn't yet), and he's eating a whole lot and just really sounded good. I was very relieved. His only glitch is the security clearance and his recent credit report. He explained all the bad stuff, and told them that he would be making arrangements to get it all paid off (like that car he wrecked at Christmas where he got burned ... remember that? UGH!) and hopefully it'll all be okay. He said he was worried about it. I went and talked to our security person and asked him a few questions. He seemed to think there was a chance it might work out okay.

Oh and graduation is Oct. 20. I'm not making arrangements until the week before just to make sure nothing happens. Vickie, I'll keep checking with you to see what's happening with you and Jim that weekend. I'm not sure if Judd's coming with me or not. If he can't, I'm trying to talk my friend and coworker into coming along. Shaun put her name on the access list just in case.

And that's all I know! Oh Rhonda, my husband ran over me with the golfcart. I wasn't rofl-ing then, I can assure you!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #80  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. i'm still up but curtis is already in bed asleep. i'm waiting up to see the weather guesser tell us again about the cool weather, rain, and snow that's coming our way. the smoke should be leaving with the summer temperatures and fall should be here. that is unless winter comes here first.

rhonda, walking 2 miles is quite a bit. i don't think i could face watp tonight either. i was going to send you an email tonight, but i'm on the puter that's downstairs. i don't have your e addy on this one and i'm too lazy to walk up the stairs again tonight.

ya'll add me to the sore tootsie group. i definitely qualify.

kathy, i liked ann richards, too. that's neat that judd got to spend some time with her. i always admired her wit. she was our 2nd lady governor of texas. remember ma ferguson? (she was before my time, too.) she was governor 2 different terms. sounds like shaun's doing well. i know you were glad to hear from him.

well, the news is on, and the weather should be coming up soon. i just heard the newscaster talking about it. yes, the weather is the big news up here right now. i have known the news this time of year to be about "how to manage with bears in town."

i'll talk to ya'll tomorrow after i get home from wi. night night.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 AM   #81  

Good Morning:

For those of you who don't know, Ann Richards was a feisty, in-your-face, funny and irreverent, "take no prisoners" kind of woman. Regardless of your political party choice, we have lost a heroine. OK, today NO empty calories. "One day at a time" in honor of Ann, who was "in recovery" much of her adult life.

Rhonda
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #82  

Height: 5' 10"

Morning all. Work has been crazy this week, really cutting into my on-line time! Boy, you'd think they expected me to actually work.....

Eating has been good this week. I weighed myself this moringing and I'm back in the 170's -- 179, I'll be updating my ticker. WOO HOO WW at work is starting next week -- I'll pay for the 12 week session, I think I can get some money back once I wi at less than 176 clothed. The 179 was naked before my shower.

Kathy, sounds like your son is in the service, what branch?

Well, go to run. I'll check in later.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #83  

Hi everybody,
I haven't been around for awhile, quit going to WW and gained 9#, so rejoined last week and my meeting is tomorrow. Started reading Body for Life for Women and walked yesterday for 30 minutes and today I did the ex. bike for 20 minutes and then walked for 30 minutes. I have not exercised for 50 minutes straight since I started WW, am hoping this will get me past my plateau
Vivian
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #84  

Paula, he's in Navy basic training right now, in Great Lakes, IL. He's had a hard road but looks like things might be looking up.

And, Sandra ... you are so right! I had forgotten about Ma Ferguson. And Rhonda, AMEN, Sista! Regardless of politics, Ann was bigger than life and funny as all get out! I loved listening to her, and that campaign with Clayton Williams was unforgettable. You never knew what either one of them was going to say! Clayton could have probably won if he had sewn his mouth shut, but I think Texas is much better off having had Ann in office than him. She did so much, SO MUCH, in her four years. I liked her as a person.

I'm out of the 143s and back in the 144s, so more water is in store for today.

Vivian, welcome back!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

hi there. i went to wi today and lost 1.8 lbs. that makes about 26 now. my next door neighbor may join me at w a today. life is good.

rhonda, ann richards was always one of my favorite women, too. i saw her on tv one time on a motorcycle. you're right--she was feisty. i like your idea about no empty calories. i need to cut down on mine.

paula, i'm glad you'll have ww at work. and congratulations on being back in the 170's.

back, vivian. i'm proud of you for rejoining before you gained any more weight. you did better at that than i did. it's good to see you back here.

kathy, i had forgotten about clayton williams. i am almost in tears laughing right now. what a hoot!!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #86  

Height: 5' 10"

Congratulations on the loss Sandra!

You seem to be doing really well. Its amazing how the program works when you stick to it!
Old 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #87  
focused and aiming

thanks, paula. you're right. it does work.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #88  

Sandra and Rhonda, I thought you both might enjoy seeing this picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AR.jpg (14.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #89  
Melissa

Well HELLO girls! Here I am!
I'm catching up with you all and listening to a PC dvd right now. I guess I need to change my signature...I found out that I'm not allowed to link to my website on a public site. So if anyone wants to do any shopping through my website you'll have to pm or email me. Oh well!!
I've been so very busy. Between work, school, and pampered chef life is a little nuts right now. But I'm really enoying PC, and enjoying all the free/discounted stuff too. I actually want to go clean out my kitchen a little tonight. I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff that I just don't need because the PC stuff is so much better/more versatile. It's nice.

Vickie, I hope that your ankle is feeling better. If not, I hope that you go and get it checked out!

Angela, I hope that you are feeling better too. How did your bread turn out?

Sandra, gf!! You're more weight loss hero.

Kathy, Sometimes I remember all of the drama that you've had in life and I quit complaining real quick. I hope that you're having a good day.

Well girls I need to get back to doing some stuff around the house. DH is gone to practice with a band and I want to get some things done so that I won't be "working" all weekend.

I'll check back in a little while!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #90  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. it's almost time for survivor so thiswill be short.

kathy, thank you for sharing the photo. she was quite a lady.

melissa, i hope you have a good month with pc. nobody is more enthusiastic about selling for them than you are. thanks for the compliment. i'm still working the plan and the plan's working.

rhonda, i'll miss you tomorrow. have fun!!

gotta go. night night.
Closed Thread