Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #121  
Melissa

Thanks Kathy! I'm going to check out those links. The lady from vistaprint linked me to some good deals, so I'm stocking up for PC supplies. Much cheaper than buying their stuff. I'm also trying to think of people to give these to! They have such cute stuff. Back when Aaron and I worked at the church together we bought business cards from them since the church didn't have the $ to buy them. They were really nice quality.

Sandra, gf! You're really going to make it aren't you? Great job!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #122  
Melissa

I used MyPoints in college and it was great. I should pick that up again. It's so strange how I can get to your link but it won't let me purchase them for free. Well, I've got my own deal now, thankfully. The lady was so nice. I'm thinking what else I should get...
Old 09-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #123  
Southside White Sox Fan

It won't let me add the labels that I wanted to my cart for free either. I have Upromise for Julianna/Ethan/Sarah but no free offer there either. Harumpf. Maybe I'll call them next week and see if I can get a sweet deal like Melissa. I'm off to watch 24. Jim said I made a great dinner and I'm all showered.

I have Wicked tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll be online.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #124  
Melissa

Have fun Vickie! They seemed very willing to work with me.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #125  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, now I'm thoroughly ticked that I can see these things and you guys can't! Do you want me to order some things for you?? If we have to do it that way, I will certainly oblige!

It's right on their home page, the "specials" link. It lists all the free stuff and says it's good thru Sept. 30! WTH can I see it and you can't?

Old 09-02-2006, 12:47 AM   #126  
Southside White Sox Fan

I have a special link but it doesn't give me as much as your link did. I was going to get some labels and they aren't offerred on mine. They are only $5.99 so I don't mind.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:05 AM   #127  

Hi all! It's late, late, late here, but I had to hop on and say Hi. Things are going well...we've got a busy holiday weekend planned.

My newly turned 3-year old has decided to regress with her potty training. Ugh. Oh well, she'll have to figure it out soon enough.

Later ladies,
Angela
Old 09-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #128  

Good morning! Angela, I'm sorry to hear about the potty training issue. I know you must really be frustrated about it! And good grief, girl -- you were up late!

I have a bajillion things to do today and really don't want to do any of it.

I logged out of Vistaprint just to see what everyone else sees and sure enough, not much free stuff there. I have no idea what I used to go thru but I think it was MyPoints in the beginning, like maybe thru one of the emails they send.

Guess I'll go see what I can start working on. If people are coming over tomorrow afternoon, I'll have to at least clean a little. We'll be on the back patio most of the time but they'll have to walk thru the house. Or I could hand out blindfolds at the front door. Hmmm ... Not a bad idea!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #129  

Good morning, not much going on here today. It is really windy from Ernesto, rain has not started yet, but I think the worse of it will be west of me, more upstate NY.
Going to check out what I missed, will be back in a bit.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #130  

kathy you crack me up, I loved the tale about the 3 hour tour
Old 09-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #131  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept through the night which always delights me! It's 67 here now with a high of 75 degrees. I guess I should just close my pool and quit wasting the electricity on the filter. Tomorrow I'll pull the solar cover off and add chemicals and check the temperature. Once it starts getting so cold at night the pool can't come back up high enough to swim. My thoughts have moved to fall.

My weight has stabilized a bit but not being able to exercise this week is NOT good. I'm getting on the treadmill tomorrow morning....no matter what. I'll just go slow if I have to. Today will be hard for me from an eating point of view since I can't carry my salad dressing or margarine with me because of the play first. I'll have to do the best I can. We'll be gone so long today that the dog walkers are coming twice! Sigh....it'll cost me $30 before I even walk out of the door. At least I know my babies are taken care of.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Wicked again today. I make Jim nervous when I get ready at the last minute so I'm not going to stay on here for now. We need to leave at noon. I'm going to eat my breakfast in about 10 minutes and then go get showered and dressed. I'll come back to catch up before we leave if I can.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #132  

Vickie, I'm glad you're having fall. We hit 100 again yesterday. Today there is some rain forecast so we're all very glad about that. My $150 water bills really need to stop.

Enjoy Wicked!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #133  
Southside White Sox Fan

I decided to order a rubber stamp from vistaprint since it was free and the labels weren't. It only cost me $5.25 for slowboat shipping. I'm not in a hurry. I just needed some plain labels for bills. I might even like the rubber stamp better....or should I say Jim might?
Old 09-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #134  
Melissa

Kathy when I called I asked the lady if it would be a special promotion for only certain customers and she said I should be able to get it if it was being offered. But then she couldn't even find it in the system. Weird. But I'm happy, I'm planning on ordering lots of stuff. But my offer will only be good for a couple of days, so I'm trying to load up quickly!
Sorry it's so hot and dry there still. Here's some for you!

Vickie, I hope that you and Jim have an awesome time today! I'm so glad that you are doing something fun. And congrats on getting your weight "stabilized"--mine's all over the place. But then I'm not doing much to help it out, so that's what I get I suppose.

Angela, sorry to hear about dd...I've heard from others what a painful journey that can be! Good luck! Hope you have a fun weekend.

I've got to get to cleaning this house. My step-sister and her husband are in and I think they're coming to see the house tonight. It ought to be presentable, don't you think?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #135  

Yes, I tend to go for "presentable" instead of "so clean that you can eat off of the floor". My goals are purely altruistic though; I don't want my guests to go home and feel bad about their own houses.

I just went to a store and saw a patio set that was marked 1/2 price. Normally $449 and it was $224, included a really big round table, four chairs with cushions. It is bronzed cast aluminum and has dragonflies set into the top. Hard to describe and I wish I could get a picture. Anyway when Judd comes home I am going to tell him we need to go get it. We have a rectangular table that is white with a glass top (I don't like the glass top, even though the patio is covered), and I don't like the chairs. We have 10 of them though, instead of the four that come with the table, so I'd have to buy at least four more extra chairs. They have some tan Adirondack chairs that are now $10 instead of $25; if I could find side tables to match I would get them. I have two groupings of "two chairs and a table between with a plant on it" ... so I would have to also replace that.

Sigh ... like I was needing something else to do this weekend! I have 24 hours before people start showing up and need to clean the carpet, sweep the tile and wood, dust and vacuum, buy food and water all inside plants. With more than 30 inside plants, and about half of them very large ones, it takes over an hour because some of them have to sit in the sink and drain for a while.

He's riding his bike but should be home very soon. Meanwhile, I'm getting back to my sweeping. I have about 1,500 sq. ft. of hard surface downstairs that collects dog hair like you wouldn't believe.
Closed Thread