Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

well done Jojo

I hate these winds its really scary
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #92  

Height: 5'4"

How weird to wake up and Robin had already gone downstairs to make his own breakfast.. His throat is much better, he is just not quite ready for very
hard & crusty foods yet. No more of those severe pains yesterday , so really the only complaint is weakness & tiredness.. That will just take rest & good food & time.
i am looking forward to a day around the house with him , I'll get some cleaning & wash & organizing done and hang out with him at the same time.

I can't wait til we can get back to church..I really miss our church.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning,

My name is Rachael and normally I post in the "normal" weight watchers section. However, I had a conversation with my leader at my last meeting (admitadly about a month ago) and told her that I was a little frustrated. I ate tons of fruits and veggies throughout the day as well as whole grains etc. but that I could not use all of my points plus values in a day. I would normally make it to 15 or so, and I was supposed to be eating 37. One week I stuffed myself to eat my values, and not surprisingly gained weight. She suggested the simply filling plan because that was essentially what I was doing. I read about it and agreed. Since then my budget has been tight and I was not attending meetings. I also quit following plan. Somehow I got on the scale this morning and was the same weight I was a month ago. I must have learned something! So as I get back on the wagon I am following the simply filling plan, as it is much easier for me. I can eat fruits and veggies which I LOVE (especially the frozen ones) and I don't have to count! Last night I made this random pasta concoction. It was whole wheat pasta, crushed tomatoes, tuns and onion. I ate it cold, and it wasn't bad. My mom used to make something she called tuna noodle which was regular noodles, mayo, tuna and onion. This was different but similar enough to fill my craving. I have the rest in containers in the fridge. While I was eating it, I realized hey i am not hungry and put the rest away. I have always been a member of the clean plate club so that will be the hardest part for me. Realizing when to put the food up, even if there is some left. I ate two hardboiled eggs, and tons of fruits. My roommate made this awesome casserole that is cheese, cream of chicken soup, ground beef, and tater tots. Man it smelled awesome! I knew I could eat the whole pan. So I got the smallest coffee cup we have, put a scoop in it (didnt pack it in or go over the brim) and ate it. It was so delicious and I was so proud of myself for limiting myself and sticking to the limit. I didn't feel gross this morning as I have in the last month. Crazy how just eating better foods can change that. Sorry for the essay, but I am glad to be back and to have found a group that is following the same plan I am.
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #94  

Hey Rachael..Welcome....

I was trying the plan but my husband was diagnosed with leukemia in dec and I am just eating what ever he is able to eat when we are at home . When we are at the hospital they have lots of healthy choices . I am trying to not stress eat.. I had an apple & hard boiled egg for breakfast.

I may try to do a protein shake at lunch and then lean protein & lots of fruit & veggies at dinner. I really want to start eating healthy to keep up my endurance & stay as healthy as possible.

This group is awesome ... I have felt so supported the last few months
with things totally unrelated to my diet !!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Rachael. You'll find this a very supportive thread for all kinds of matters. You're welcome to join us at whatever rate you wish. Some of us post often, some not. You'll find your way.

After a good 10 days of trying, I finally had a day-yesterday- in which I ate only 30g of fat and my intake was 40% carbs, and 40% protein. This is my goal for each day, and it's not so easy. It is especially difficult to keep the fat at 30g and to get enough protein.

I hope you're all having a good day. And, Nancy we KNOW that you are!

Rhonda

ps: I had grilled tilapia and grilled veggies for dinner last night. Delicious.

Last edited by Tejas; 02-06-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #96  
focused and aiming

JoJo and Rhonda, on losing this week. You girls are working the program and getting good results.

Pam, I admire your energy.

Sloan, our ground is very soft right now that all has thawed. So far mud isn't an issue.

We're off to the SB party in a few minutes. I am planning to eat what I want but to avoid sugars. Even with that, I'll be dreading wi this week. Life goes on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Comfort food, southern style tonight: bean and rice soup, cornbread and peach cobbler.

Oh well
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #98  
focused and aiming

Rachael. I apologize for not welcoming you earlier. I must have been having a senior moment and didn't see your post. I have been doing mainly SF but was counting P+. I am thinking of going to an afternoon WW meeting this Tuesday to get SF information. I have the new Complete Food Companion that lists Power Foods, but I'm thinking my leader had said something about asking her for more detailed info on SF. Is that true?

Rhonda, your Southern dinner sounds yummy. We had a lot of different dips tonight and a table full of "sugar." I hung aroun the non sugar foods and also had a glass of white wine.

Nancy, what a blessing for you and Robin to be home. Things are sounding more normal already. I hope all continues in your favor. I am so happy for you both. A friend ofours from church has prostrate cancer. He, his wife, and his doctors are in Bermuda right now. Yesterday morning they did a procedure on him that's not yet approved for the United States. This procedure is supposed to have fewer side effects. As of last hearing all is going well, and they were back in their hotel room yesterday afternoon. Just thought I'd share that with you. I apologize for not knowing any more about the procedure.

I'm subbing tomorrow. That'll be good for helping me get back OP. I'm going to do SF to the best of my ability and will try to get more info Tuesday evening.

Rachael, I know we can have diet bread on SF. Can we just have 1 serving per day? Just wondering.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Welcome rachael i used to do simply filling/coreplan but they do not do it over in the uk so im on propoints iv lost 8lbs so far on it sine november not as much as id like but better than nothing xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #100  

new thread started........
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #101  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a very busy weekend that I had not time to get on the board. Had no idea who won the super bowl as I was watching the golf tournament. Don't like football that much sorry.

This morning I going to the vitamin store and pick up the vitamins and supplements that I ran out of when we had the terrible snowstorms.

Went with my friends to see the Kings Speech Movie yesterday for a early show. Hope that the actor that played the king & his speech therapist are among the actors that up for nomination.That must a been a tough time to be able to play at part like that.

Have to go,hope I will be able to read last weeks post and this weeks to answer each one of you.

Have a great morning.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote