Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

They spent all morning deciding if the surgery was on or not because his platelets were not quite up to the level they wanted. After some platelet
transfusions they did the surgery at 12 noon . Things went perfectly and he was back to the room by 2 ish.
The surgeon had told me it may be 2 to 2 1/2 hours before we heard from him ,
then after 1/2 hour they called me to a private room to talk with the doctor.
That scared me to death because I sat there and waited for the doctor and thought "why does he want to see me so fast" "what went wrong"
He just finished fast and was done.
I told Robin his was faster because he didn't have a lot of brain matter to get through (we kid a lot)
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

Nancy, what a relief! I'm so glad Robin is finished with surgery and hope all continues to go as well as the surgery did.

JoJo, it's good to have you back.

Rhonda and Doyle are taking Curtis and me out to dinner tomorrow. We're looking forward to seeing them. Now we're all hoping the weather holds up so we don't have to postpone.

Rhonda, I apologize for not letting you know in advance my new cell #. I was thinking I had done that. I'm glad you called me back.

I had a great day in the AG barn today. Afterwards, I went to the Beaumont Ranch for cut/color. My beautician gave Curtis and me 2 free tickets to the Friday Night Fish Fry. I rushed home (about 13 miles) so Curtis and I could get back there in time for an early dinner. One of "my students" waited on us. Another was in charge of part of the sound system for the live band. It's neat seeing those kids and for Curtis' getting to know them, too. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, that's so awesome! God is so good!!!!!! You and Robin sound like me and Vance. We kid a lot, too.

Sandra, your day sounds good. You're right, it is nice to see students out being productive. I'm excited about you and Curtis having dinner with Rhonda and Doyle. I know you'll have a blast.

Jojo, sorry you had to cut your holiday short and that you lost your post. I hope everything is okay with you and Mark. Let us know!

Maryann, I hope everything goes as scheduled for your surgery and the snow does not cause you any problems. I'm glad you had a good Christmas with your family.

Vickie, how's that stone coming along?

Have a good night chickies!

Last edited by sloanie; 01-07-2011 at 09:18 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #49  

A nurse today gave us 2 horses. She has been talking to Robin about the farm
and how we would like to have it set up for single parents & their kids to enjoy and she wants us to have her 2 paint/arabian horses that need to be broken to ride. We have a neighbor in Va that said we could use his pasture until we get
our fences fixed. That has really been a fun blessing today . God is so good!!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #50  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

The weather was foul, we could hardly see the estuary, let alone the wild life. Then the central heating broke down. That was OK, Mark and I come from hardy stock but when the cooker broke down, and the lights started to flicker we packed up and headed home. We got it 11pm the night before last and never were two people were so glad to curl up in their own little beds.

Hello to all who don't know me (you haven't missed much) I'm British, living on the Welsh borders. I'm 61, married to Mark and a long retired nurse/midwife who now writes a bit.

Like you NY Pat I have a lot to lose, I'm taking it steady 20lbs at a time so as not to lose heart. I have found this thread is the best on the site. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. In August I took up the 20lbs in 20 weeks challenge and got there early. Sadly I celebrated and by last weekend had gained 7lbs. No problem, its a new year and it is all behind me... literally in my case. I'm starting again on Monday. I gained some pounds, so what? It's not a race. What if I hadn't lost any in the first place and had gained it on top of the established flab? Then I'd have something to worry about.

We have had a rotten year. We lost our beautiful 32 year old daughter to SUDEP ( you can google it if you've never heard of it... we hadn't) in May. She was autistic as well as having epilepsy. The folk on here have got me through many a bad day.

Talk to you all tomorrow. We are looking for 2 new sofas in the sales today. What colour you ask? Well, if the price is right then those will be the right colour

Last edited by jojo23; 01-08-2011 at 03:55 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #51  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Saturday everyone. Already hit the gym and had my frittata for breakfast - lots of veggies, one egg and two egg whites with feta. Yumm. Not much going on here - its snowing lightly now and more tonight.

Nancy, glad things continue to improve for Robin. God does have a plan for all of us!

Maryann, good luck with your surgery. When is that happening?

Off to do laundry. Have a good day.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #52  

More good news...
The Dr today said Robin's white blood count is finally rising at a good rate..
That is one thing we have been waiting on and it will make him less likely to pick up infections.
Also they said there is a good possibility that he may be able to go home
on Monday..that is ahead of the original schedule...
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #53  
beachbum

HI Ladies

Had a busy productive day trying to get everything ready & done as after the surgery I won't be able to. I requested a walker instead of crutches as I feeling being alone I might take a fall.

Luckily the snow didn't come like it was suppose to,now they are predicting 1 -3 before every ends Sunday Morning. Had my W-I this morning and I lost 2lbs out of the 5 I gained,so hopefully I will be able to lose the rest next couple of weeks.

NANCY-So happy to hear about your husband is doing so well after the surgery. Hoping he will continue to improve day by day,and the horrible stuff will be behind him. Yes I believe in the miracle of prayers,just ask and you shall receive. Good to hear he'll be heading home on Monday.

SLOANE-Thanks for your good wishes, for my surgery. Now I'm wishing for a speedy recovery so I will be up and about in no time.

JOJO-Welcome back,I was gone and just got back myself. WoW!!! you certainly had a a bad winter with all that snow.Sorry your slow cooker broke on you.Glad you go back home safe & sound.

PAUL-Thanks its this Monday 1/10 at 2:30PM The funnies thing is I have to fast [no food or water] Sunday at midnight until after the surgery. I can't believe I will have to wait that long without food or drink,but understand the reason behind it. So I will listen to the doctor,maybe in the long run I lose some unwanted poundage..

Have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

We had a great lunch today with Rhonda and Doyle. Rhonda was wearing earrings and necklace she'd made. Gorgeous!! She was also wearing her jacket that reflects her tap dance group. She is quite a looker! Her hair is precious and so is her smile--not to mention her great looking bod!

She and I had salmon, rice, veggies, and some fried pickles and jalapenos/dip. I thoroughly enjoyed the get together. Thank you again, Rhonda.

JoJo, your trip sounds like an "I Love Lucy" episode. I'm glad ya'll made it home safely. You're right about having the small gain over the holidays. You're prob like I am and are at a better number this time of year than you were in 2010. It's good to have you back here. I miss ya when you're gone.

Paula, your bfast sounds good. I think I'd like that, too.

Nancy, keep that good news coming, girl!! And on the horses and on your making your farm a place for single mothers/children. That's outstading!

Maryann, we have a walker here at home we'd lend you if we could. You're wise to go walker.

Vickie, how are you feeling?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

shhh, Sandra, don't tell them about the fried pickles and jalapenos!!! It was fun, and you looked more innocent than I bet you are in that yellow sweater! Chickies, she put on her archery champion vest so were each wearing our gang's colors!

Nancy what a great story about the horses, and I'm glad to hear about the continued improvement in Robin's condition.

Welcome back, Jojo. Nothing like your own bed.

Maryann, good luck!

Paula, good for you for getting to the gym early. I was too busy eating fried pickles.

Well, I'm just watching CNN about the horror in Arizona. What to say, such a tragedy.

Last edited by Tejas; 01-08-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #56  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that is a horrible news.

My lips are sealed about the (what we ate before our salmon). Sealed and, thankfully, not burning.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-08-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chicks. Just stopping in for a quick hello. On DS's computer, and he is already fussing at me.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 AM   #58  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

We were just getting ready for bed last night and the news broke about Arizona. Dreadful and senseless. The sheriff looked, not just shocked, but heartbroken when he made the initial statement.

Nancy
, that is such good news about Robin. It’s a new year and a new start.

Well, tomorrow I start again. I went to my support group last week and I wasn’t the only sinner I can tell you. Sadly though, a few didn’t return after Christmas.

Maryann
. It was the big cooker that broke down. We were having a break at a friend’s cottage. I figure it needs a spot of maintenance!

Joke

Our government has given us some sensible advice about keeping safe when travelling in this appalling weather. We have been told to always take a spade, hot drink, chocolate, a warm blanket, extra clothes and a flash light when travelling… I looked a proper idiot on the bus yesterday.

Have a good one everybody
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #59  

I cannot sleep. I have been awake every hour since I went to bed. I am so distressed about the attempted assassination of Giffors, the murder of 6 people and the wounding of so many others. A 9 year old dead! I believe the sheriff spoke the total truth about the political vitriol in the country. I pray that everyone will reflect deeply upon their language and that the expressions of violence will stop.

On a much more mundane note, I am also hungry and trying to find things to eat that are nutritious. I guess it will be cereal or something similar. Seeking comfort no doubt.

Jojo, I think you should emphasize the chocolate part while on the bus. Didn't they tell you take a candle and a source of fire also?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #60  

Happy Birthday, Sandra!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tejas; 01-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.