Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #61  

morning ladies.

Happy Birthday Sandra. Hope you have a fun day planned.

Rhonda, I'm am sick and heartbroken about AZ. What is this world coming to? I really don't remember all this hate when I was younger. Maybe we just didn't hear about it back then. With all this modern technology, we are much more aware of so many more things.

jojo, you are such a joy to read. Your sense of humor is like a breath of fresh air. You are so strong, with all you had to deal with in the last year.

Nancy, I've been trying to keep up with you. Sounds like Robin is doing great. Hopefully he will get to go home tomorrow.

Maryann, best of luck with your surgery. Glad you had a nice visit with family. Hope you will be okay when you get home, being by yourself.

I'm still on p+ and loving it. Doing the simply filling technique, so not much counting to do. I found these popchips and they are really good. Has anyone tried them?

Last WI, I reached the 5 lb loss. I am a very slow loser and it's gets frustrating at times, but I just keep plugging away.

Anyone join Dr. Oz 11 week move it lose it? I joined, but basically, to me, it's just a food log. I think it's the same as Calorie Count of Sparkpeople, not sure, but shows how much you burn throughout the day. Same concept. I logged for 2 days and quit. I log for WW and that is enough for me, lol.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm still upset about what happened in Arizona, too. It reminds me of the 60's. So sad.

JoJo, I'll bet you were cute on that bus. Did you really take a spade with you? When I lived in Montana, we kept a survival box in the back of our jeep. It included much of what you mentioned.

Pam, congratulations on losing 5+ pounds. Slow and easy is the best way to go.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It's snowing outside, so Curtis and I are snuggled up on the recliner/sofa. We had homemade split pea soup/cornbread for lunch and are about to have some sugar-free dump cake. This will be less than 5 times in over half a year I've had a sf dessert. I think it's time.

Please pray for our nation. I will do the same.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #63  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had some snow & ice this morning so I didn't get out to church or to see my friends at brunch.Getting a little edgy about my procedure tomorrow,but I guess that quite normal for that to happen.

I'm now going though all they stuff I need from downstairs like paper towels & toilet tissue that I have stored in the basement,since I won't be using the stairs for the next used weeks anyway.My other neighbor was down for the day and told me to call her as she a general practitioner nurse,for any questions about meds etc.

SANDRA & RHONDA-Thanks for the well wishes and I think the walker is safer than the crutches.

JOJO-I misunderstood about the cooker. Hope that it gets fixed soon.

PAM-Thanks I hope all things come out aright,Its just the nervousness that coming over me waiting for the time to pass and get it over with.

Have a wonderful evening. Have to go,don't know when I will be back posting again,but as soon & I can I will do so.

Hugs Maryann
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

I have a posting question...
If all goes well with Robin I will be posting updates for almost 6 months...
Would it be better to have a separate thread for his updates and then it would be easier to see the week to week progress??
Would that make it harder or easier for you chicks and new gals to see what is going on with him???

Last edited by nancy237; 01-09-2011 at 10:55 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, I think you should do whatever is easiest for you. It would be easier to see week to week progress if you had a separate thread, but if that's too much trouble, don't do it. Is he going home tomorrow?
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

I agree with what Sloan says. Is he going home tomorrow?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #67  

They are still saying that coming home tomorrow is a good possibility..
I came home tonight to get the house clean & stocked with groceries and his daughter is staying at the hospital with him. I'll be back there by 6 am when
the Dr makes rounds..Then we should know for sure...

There is a lot of discharge planning needed so I will not be surprised if it is Tuesday...

The horse thing was a very special encouragement to us because it is
directly related to our dream and we both need to still be dreaming..
One friend today said it wasn't practical with the leukemia and all and I understand why she thinks that but I just told her we can be logical right now or choose to still dream...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #68  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

The new thread is up and running
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Happy Monday Ladies! I don't get much computer time over the weekend with two teenage boys, but it sounds like you all had a pretty good one.

I am a bit nervous, I weigh in tonight, and even though I stayed on plan, and even did a bit of exercise (ICK!), I think I will only be down at most a pound. I know, I know, I should be happy with a pound, but dang it, I was really hoping for 2.

Wish me luck...
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Lisa, if you have not done so already, go over to the new weekly thread. We start them on Mondays.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote