Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Well, I've been awake since 2:30, so I thought I'd get on here and read the posts from last night.

Thanks Rhonda, I'm gonna try the planks. My joints are telling me that if I don't get moving, I'm gonna be too stiff to move. I know I have some very minor arthritis in my shoulders and one of my hips, so moving is extremely important. I also checked out a couple of videos that show ab workouts while standing, and I plan to do them every day. In addition, I will be walking.

Today I plan to work on curriculum with another teacher in my department, and tomorrow teachers report for the first day of the new semester. I'm not excited about getting back to school, but I've got to "suck it up" and get going. I'm gonna try to go back to sleep for a little while, so I'll check in later.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies. I spent some time reading and catching up.

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear of Robin's illness. It seems he is on a good path right now. I hope today was a good day. I hope you are taking care of yourself as well.

Sandra, glad to read you are still flinging arrows! Still a champ? Well, in our eyes you are! I hope the test come back negative and its as simple as hypegylcemia. When do you get the test results back?

Well, today is day 2 back on track. I hit the gym early and did 65 minutes on the elliptical, later in the day took our dog for a 1/2 hour walk. I tried a new recipe tonight for cashew chicken. I've never really done any stir fry cooking. It came out pretty good. DH liked it; dd wasn't too crazy about it. I need to cut things up a bit different and get some pea pods. I'll make it again. I had that with brown rice - about 500 calories for dinner. And I'm very full. Snack tonight will be clementines. They are so good right now and very low in calories.

Have a good night everyone. Got to run dd to karate tonight.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Love you all. Sorry I've been too busy to post but I did read them all quickly.

Sandra.....you scared the heck out of me! Hope you're ok and that we'll have results soon.

PAULA.....welcome back girlfriend! SOOOOO good to hear from you.

Pat, we love new folks! I'll catch up properly with you when I have a few minutes.

I ran errands all day yesterday and today. We have the plumber coming tomorrow for our sump pump....don't ask! And...I'm going to try to get the Christmas tree down tomorrow before the cleaning lady comes on Thursday. Sheesh. Then....I can relax and catch up with you all.

Always know I'm thinking of you. I'm starving right now so I have to run.

Nancy, it made my heart so happy to hear that you and Robin had a great day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

More good news...

The Dr today said Robin's liver numbers are so good they are almost normal.
He said he thinks the liver problems at admission were caused by the leukemia
as opposed to a separate liver condition.

When we were first admitted they seemed almost as concerned about his liver
as his leukemia .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Nancy, that is wonderful news!! What a blessing! Keep the good news and good days coming!

Sloan, I'm already scheduled for 6 days subbing this month. Two of those days are with the At-Risk Program. I got a "preferred sub" email from that teacher asking me to take those days. Made me feel good. I was the first teacher for that program when it was begun back in the mid-90's. That said---this Friday I'm subbing in AG. That's a stretch for me, but I enjoy it.

Vickie, we still have our tree up, too. I won't turn it on tonight. Somehow it just doesn't seem right. I hope you get your plumbing situation repaired without too much hassle.

I got all my tests completed today but haven't heard any results yet. Hopefully, tomorrow is the day.

Paula, you and Rhonda are our exercise gurus. Way to go, girl! Sounds like you had a good workout.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #21  

Great news Nancy!!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #22  

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
I am so glad your husband got good news about his liver,Nancy! I hope Sandra also gets good health news, too.

Very busy at work today, but i found time to spend time with my dog and my chickens. I ate very healthy--all core foods, got enough water in, remembered my vitamin. Right now, I can only attend Curves on M+W+F, but I'll be going there tomorrow bright and early ( 6:30 am)
Have a good evening!
Pat
NYPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

Great news, Nancy. I hope that is the only kind of news you get.

Paula and Sloan, move those bodies. I see my trainer tomorrow so I'll be back to brag about something, I'm sure

I had a long day working with my niece around the issues of her taking more control of my brother's (her father's) situation. It's not easy, but he really needs help whether he wants it or not.

My eating was OK, but not great. Salmon and salad for dinner though, and it was good.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #24  

Just a quick stop by -- Happy morning for me, the scale is moving down!! I'm so happy! I'm doing my official WI on Saturday am after I hit the gym. With any luck I'll be back in the 170s this weekend.

Does anyone buy the vitalicious products? I've been getting the muffin tops for a while - its 100 calories and with a yogurt has been my go to breakfast. There is a new flavor which is very good - pumpkin spice. Just wanted to share!

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good morning Chicks! I'm gearing up for a busy day. I was going to take the tree down, but that may have to wait now. I may be passing the kidney stone that I've been carrying around with me for over a year now. Trying to drink a lot of water and not stress about it.

Nancy, I'm so happy to hear about Robin's healthy liver. How great was that news?!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Ouch, Vickie! I hope you're not in too much pain. Get back to us with a report when you can.

I got my results today for my tests. My doctor was impressed. Everything looks good--even my cholesterol (blood test). Living here in "The Chicken-Fried Kingdom" I feel like good numbers on cholesterol is a blessing. As to my "episode"--diagnosis is reaction to the codeine in my cough syrup he'd prescribed. So now I'm good to go again.

Rhonda, did you have a good workout today? I'm still procrastinating.

Paula, on moving the scales down again. I have heard of Vitalicious but haven't tried their muffins. I haven't had any dessert type sweets now in 211 days. 100 calorie breakfasts sound good to me, though. My breakfasts are usually around 5 points unless I just eat fruit. (0)
Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Sandra, you've been keeping secrets from us. Codeine, yet Good news on the health report.

Paula, I don't eat Vitalicious, but I think Vicky does/did.

I had a great workout today, but nothing really special like hopping! I did however get compliments from my trainer on my form, my dedication and my strength level compared to some of his other clients. That all felt really good. NOW, to just get this body fat really reduced.

Have a great night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra, sounds like you are going to be in your element with all that subbing. Hope you have a great time! We start tomorrow with kids at school for a full day. Good news about your tests!

Paula, congrats on the wt. loss!

Nancy, I'm so happy to hear all of your good news about Robin. I'm still prayin' !

Rhonda, I'm sore! I did the planks for 30 seconds each side and on both arms. Is that good? I've also been doing the standing core exercises that I found on you tube. Ouch!

Vickie, I've had three kidney stones. Passed two and had one scoped out in the operating room. I hope you are not in pain and that the little sucker just pops out!

Pat, sounds like a good wt. loss plan. Keep us posted on how it's going!

Hey Jojo, we miss you!

TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 01-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, on the compliments. Now that's what I call a fantastic NSV!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #30  

Hey everyone_

I am an early bird, so this is a good time for me to get on the computer and say Hi. I literally get up with the chickens! The chicken coop is at least 200 yds. away, but I hear the roosters every morning, even in the winter with all the windows closed...
Vicki I hope you get that darn stone out soon!
Sandra: That is good news about your test results! BTW, you mentioned your archery. Many yrs ago, I took one archery class in college, and loved it! But, I was a poor college student at the time, and could not afford to learn more. Now , my eyesight is so bad, I'd be dangerous! lol
Rhonda and Sloan, You sound like you must be in great shape! It is very inspiring to read about your exercise routines.
Paula--great job on the scales moving down!
Well it is cold and snowy here in Western NY, but I hear my chickens calling me for fresh water and more chicken feed, so everyone, have a great day!
NYPat is offline   Reply With Quote