Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #16  

Thank you Vickie and MaryAnn for the encouragement!!! Didn't realize how much I needed to hear your thoughts until I read them.

Cheers!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 10"

Josyln, if you need to save your WPAs for the weekend be sure to plan as much as possible for the week. I actually find that during the week its soooooo much easier. I bring my breakfast and lunch with me to work and make simple dinners. Do you cook ahead? I find it helps a lot as well. HTH
Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #18  
Donna

Hello All,

This needs to be quick I have to go to the dr's in a minute, I've had an ear-ache that's been bugging me for about 8 mos and finally broke down and went to the dr a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the meds he gave didn't clear up the problem. This apt is to follow up on the blood work he ran at the same time (new dr, basic physical type stuff), I'll have to bring up the ear again tho.

I went to WW this morning and I was down 3.2 lbs. Now I'm back where I was before I back slid for a month Let's hope I can stick too it this week.

Have a great day everyone

-Tech
Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Donna! Outstanding work. Hope your ear feels better soon. There's nothing worse than not feeling right.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithsarah View Post
Josyln, if you need to save your WPAs for the weekend be sure to plan as much as possible for the week. I actually find that during the week its soooooo much easier. I bring my breakfast and lunch with me to work and make simple dinners. Do you cook ahead? I find it helps a lot as well. HTH
Well, I've been trying not to plan a week in advance like I used to, because then I do use all my points and tend to go waaaaaaay over. I have a general idea of what I'm going to eat when I get home. I do cook, but they are pretty simple meals, like grits, eggs and veggies. Or skinless rotisserie chicken with veggies or canned salmon with veggies or eggs. At any rate, planning too far in advance didn't work for me so well. So now I do one day ahead.

I can't believe that I went to the potluck for my boss and walked out of there without touching any food. I even sat and chatted with my boss and some other co-workers while they ate. They had all sorts of goodies and when I got back to my desk, I was really surprised that I hadn't snagged one single thing from the potluck. I wasn't tempted at all.

However, there was one thing I did look at twice and that was a tray of quartered apples. Can you believe it? I would have eaten apples and not the delicious-looking pies they had sitting there. I really did surprise myself. I am so proud I don't know what to do, aside from jumping around and feeling really good.

I'm pleased as punch and I think that this site was the one that really aided me in succeeding. You all were so kind to me this morning. Thanks!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #21  

Josylyn - congrats on the will power!! Great Job. For meals, have you ever thought of cooking up some meals and freezing them? I do that quite often so I have core meals in the freezer. I freeze them in the ziploc or glad meal containers that are for the freezer and microwave. Some things that feeze really well -- smothered chicken and barley (recipe in the recipe thread), pasta with veggies and sauce, homemade soups. I find any pasta or grain do freeze well. What I don't think freezes well are soups with boiled potatos or anything with rice. I don't like the texture when they thaw out.

Another great staple I love is whole wheat couscous. It cooks up in 5 minutes. Mostly I make a veggie couscous salad (cukes, onions, peppers, carrots, tomatos - salad type veggies mixed with the couscous and then I make a redwine vinnegrette to dress it). That lasts for a few days in the fridge.

HTH --
Old 11-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on the will power, Joslynn!

Paula has some good suggestions there for you, for all of us.

I lost 1 and 1/2 pounds, so I'm a bit behind my schedule, but slow and steady. After Thanksgiving, I'm back to more exercising. We won't have our Thanksgiving meal until Sunday because it's just another workday up here in Canada...we had the holiday in October.

Gotta run...had very busy day today and am very tired

Rhonda
Old 11-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, the prize is mine today. Last and first to post. Well, no matter what I tried, I could not go back to sleep after waking up at 3AM. So, I just got up and read. I'm reading John Grisham's "The Appeal." It is really good: he is quite the good storyteller and with a lot of relevance.

I was not too well behaved yesterday on the food front. I had a small, thin crust pizza for lunch. But, I ate only 1/2 of it, took the remainder to work and gave it to one of the students. They're always hungry!

It was our second wedding anniversary yesterday but we were both too tired to go out. Really getting old So, DH ordered pizza!!! I ate one slice and drank diet pop. What an exciting night we had!!! We'll make up for it at the weekend feast, no doubt.

I have another busy day at the office. I'm trying something new I'll tell you about. Our students have some serious money management problems (don't they all!). One of our program donors is an accomplished businessman who wants to give more to the program by directly interacting with the students and he is going to give two afternoons a week to counselling them individually about budgetting and financial planning. Today is our first day to do this. The student response has been phenomenal. They really want this: he is going to be very busy.

We also have a big public event today. One of the local banks is funding a program we run in some "high priority neighborhoods." We give a university course to high school students. If they pass, they get a university credit. It's a very successful program and today we are having a big media event. I'll have bags under my eyes no doubt.

So, it's a very big work day. At least we aren't serving any food at these events!

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 11-26-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #24  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

It looks like we are going to have bad weather again.

VICKIE-I tried the drinking hot milk with vanilla protein powder and it & it did fill me up.

JOSLYN-That what we are heard for is to support & motivate our our friends on this thread.That terrific if you found what works for you continue doing that. I used to journal for the week ahead now I just write a couple days at a time.

DONNA-Sorry about your ear problem.I guess you didn't have a middle ear infection or the meds would have helped.Hope the find & result the ear problem soon. Big congrats on your 3.2 weight loss. You're really doing terrific.

RHONDA-Congrats on your 1.5.loss. Slow is better than fast.I 'm weighing in tomorrow instead of Friday, as its not a good idea right after TG.Not expecting anything good as I seem to be yo-yoing the same pound over and over again.

Have a great morning will come back later
Old 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just use vanilla extract. How did it taste with the protein powder in it?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #26  
beachbum

Vickie - The protein power became lumpy once the milk got hot.I guess the PP is only used for cold shakes.Going to try the extract instead.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

You'll love it! Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-26-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #28  

Hi everyone. Finally sitting down to relax a bit. I did on line Christmas shopping this morning and had a pedicure! OK, I guess that was a bit of relaxation. After dd got home from school (1/2 day today) my sister and I took her to the local state park kfor a walk. We did the main trail -- took 1 1/2 hours. Came home and had my apple. So far today and this week is very, very good. I'm starting to make my plan for tomorrow -- I'm going to stick to program for breakfast and dinner. But for Thanksgiving I'm going to have what I think looks great. I am not going to waste calories on things that I don't LOVE that are not core. I'm not going to stuff myself either and I'm wearing fitted pants (ones not stretchy!).

Gobble Gobble everyone!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We got home Monday evening from Austin. Sorry I haven't been on here. We've been running in circles working in the yard. I planted a lot of pansies today. We're going to my son and dil's tomorrow for Thanksgiving. After that, life should get more normal.

Congratulations to those of you working the plan. Encouragements to those of us who aren't. Life is good.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Thanksgiving Chicks! Enjoy your day with your loved ones
Closed Thread