3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core hat: Nov. 24-Nov. 30 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/157091-core-hat-nov-24-nov-30-a.html)

Tejas 11-24-2008 10:47 AM

Core hat: Nov. 24-Nov. 30

:cofdate:

New Pages.

Tejas 11-24-2008 10:53 AM

"Core hat"?????

What happened to the "C"?? I must have not typed it and I can't figure out how to edit the title. Maybe one of the monitors will fix it for us!

Anyway, if you've been able to find your way here, you can be OP for the day :rofl:

I've lost more weight, but I'll put it in print tomorrow on my WI day.

I've been good with not eating the pie I made. :woohoo: It's almost gone and reaching that runny stage so it isn't tempting me.

Have a great day.

Rhonda

beach bum 11-24-2008 11:35 AM

Good Morning Ladies:) or whats let of it.

Had a bad night sleeping, & I woke up quite late,so that the reason for the late post.

Didn't do to bad over the weekend,but I must be more careful with the snacking at night. My problem,I think is that I'm not eating enough at supper time and tend to eat more watching TV Its mindless eating,does anyone have any suggestions,except don't eat????????

Went down one pound this morning,but I have to wait until FRI W-I for the real results.Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. As I yo-yoing this same pound over & over again.

RHONDA-Thanks :thanks: for start us up this week and congrats :congrat: on your 1/2 lb loss. You'll probably lose more by tomorrow.Your doing so well with your one pound a week challenge.

PAULA-Hope to survive this new program Flore or Momentum or what ever its called. I been counting points,along with eating core foods,so maybe I doing the new program without even knowing it. Lets eat what happens at my Fri W-I.I'll be very surprised it I lose after a holiday.

Have a great morning & I will be back some time this afternoon and see what you gals are up to.

Vickie 11-24-2008 12:17 PM

Mary Ann, my trick used to be drinking something warm in the evening. For some reason, it would fill my tummy and make me feel satisfied. If I still needed to get a milk in, I'd have my warm vanilla milk (8oz skim in microwave with added 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and splenda). If not in the mood I make a big mug of sweet tea with skim and splenda. Sometimes just a cup of chamomile or other herbal tea. If I'm having a chocolate fix, I make a cup of Swiss Miss no sugar added (Core) with 8 oz of skim. This would help me because I was generally not hungry in the evening. I just WANTED something.

Good Luck.

TechAlum 11-24-2008 01:01 PM

Hello All,

Sorry, I disappeared last week. I was doing well and then..:headache:..but life goes on and I will do better this week. It's a cold - rainy/snowy day outside. I think I'm going to stay in and get some work done. Although I need to go out to the gym, I skipped exercise all weekend and can feel it today.

I have to say I stopped in last night while dinner was cooking (I made a chicken-squash stew and it simmered forever) to read the posts and had to laugh at people getting worked up about the changes that haven't even happened yet. I've been doing ww off and on for 25+ years and have seen at lest 5 major program changes as well as countless minor "tweaks" Sometimes I've liked the changes sometimes not so much, but they have never been disastrous. You just adapt or go it on your own with the old program (hmmm wish I still had the old "Fat & Fiber" plan). Anyway, I'm in a wait and see mode right now.

Rhonda - just FYI if sammi didn't answer your question. She lives in Chicago but goes to school in the UP. And while where she goes to school is the biggest city in the UP......its the UP lots of national forest.

Paula - Paula you were asking about how those on "flore" divide up pts; here's how I do it: I get 27 - I use about 6 for breakfast, 6 for lunch, and 10 for dinner, that leaves 5 for snacks which I divide up. I guess that works to about 1/5 - B, 1/5 - L, 2/5 - D and 1/5 Sn. But I do find I need to plan everything out, usually starting with dinner and shift pts as needed.

Maryanne - About night time mindless snacking, I try to do something with my hands so they are busy and then I can't mindless eat. Vickie's suggestion of hot drinks works for me too, although I'm not much of sweets girl, so I usually have hot tea (unsweetened) there's a lot of flavored ones out there for different tastes.

Vicki - its great to hear from you. I'm with you on the wait and see. Are you feeling better? Still going to meetings?

:wave: Hi to everyone else.

-Tech

suitejudyblueeyes 11-24-2008 01:31 PM

Unfortunately I am knee-deep in a project I was supposed to have in to my boss this morning so I don't have time for much of a reply, but I must say I LOVE the Core hat :D :lol: Definitely got me to laugh. :p :lol: I know it's just a typo and I feel silly but it sure did amuse me while I was dealing with the other stuff going on in here.

I'm going to have my Core hat on this week anyhow, to make sure I stay OP, so maybe it's not such a bad concept? :)

beach bum 11-24-2008 03:20 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Thanks for your information on hot drinks as a snack alternative for night time snacking. I never gave it a thought.

VICKIE-I like your combos of flavors with the hot drinks.

DONNA-I'm not really getting worked up about the changes I just want us to stay together on one thread, your my meeting room & losing all of you is going to be hard to face. I think I doing the new plan already like PAULA is doing counting points on core foods,other than my snacking.I guess I will have to take out my knitting again,and try to keep my hands busy during that bewitching time.

JAIME-Hi:wave:have a great day,hope the boss gives you lighter assignments this afternoon. I will keep my core hat on also to keep me OP.

Vickie 11-24-2008 06:57 PM

Hey Donna....and the rest of you Core chicks! Thanks for thinking of me. I'm feeling a little better. I still have the smokey smell but it's a bit less intense than it had been. I'm trying to stop feeling sorry for myself. I stopped going to meetings but I intend to go back on December 8th. Me and WW with yet another fresh start. Maybe even with a new program to boot!

I'm still lurking. Feel like I shouldn't be giving advice since I am not losing at the moment and still don't feel much up to posting. Still and all, I care about all of our regulars here....including all our new friends....and still check in almost every day to see how you all are.

Mary Ann.....I'd be sad to lose our spot with my Core friends. Don't worry. No matter what happens, we'll find a thread to hang out on. Judy and everyone else seems so accommodating. I'm sure they'll help us out.

Tejas 11-24-2008 07:36 PM

Glad to be amusing!

I just made a great dish with chicken breast, LOTS of garlic, onion, red pepper, tabaso pepper, mushrooms and olive oil, with basil and parsley. I browned everything in olive oil, mixed it all together, cooked it in white wine for about 30 minutes. I have no idea how many calories/points but I counted 6 just to be on the safe side for the oil and wine. It was yummy.

Maryann, I'm with Vickie on the night time drinks. Hot milk is helpful for sleeping also. But, I know the feeling about just wanting to eat. I try to ignore it!

Hope everyone has a great night.

Rhonda

Vickie 11-24-2008 08:11 PM

Rhonda, is it too late for me to come for dinner?

Tejas 11-24-2008 09:34 PM

I've got leftovers Vickie. I'll send them your way.

blessedwithsarah 11-25-2008 07:58 AM

Good morning everyone. Rhonda, that recipe does sound yummy! I may need to try something like that.

Vickie, its great to have you posting again. Don't feel you can't ==for any reason. I hope you do continue to feel better.

Well, after 2 full days of tracking points, I feel a new excitement. I'm still eating the same things but I have a new way of looking at the program and working it. The big difference -- is the points are for the day. If I screw up, its just a day. With just tracking the WPAs, I would feel if I screwed up, the week was shot. Lets see if this works. I'm going to continue to do this through next Wed (no wi tomorrow) and see how the scale is.

Well, got to get my bf made -- making a breakfast burrito. I'm now addicted to sautee'd baby bella mushrooms. I'm putting them in everything!

Joslynn 11-25-2008 09:06 AM

I finally made it through my second week (non-consecutively) of weight loss on Core. I am my own worst saboteur. :0 That's what I'm trying to work on today. I brought a delicious lunch. My boss is moving to a new job and there is a potluck for him today. I didn't bring anything, because I feel that if I don't provide something that I won't eat everyone else's food, because I'll feel bad for not contributing. I also will be singing the song, "Walk On By" all day today, when I pass food that is not acceptable for this way of living.

I know I can get through this day without dipping into more of my wpa's. I tend to eat all of those on the first few days of the week and then have none for the weekend. So I'm trying to spread them out through the week so I'll still have some on the weekend. I have yet to accomplish this, but I'm not afraid of new things. So full speed ahead for me. I have used 9 wpa's (including 3 activity points used), today and as far as my meal plan looks, I won't have to use anymore.

Wish me luck!!!

beach bum 11-25-2008 09:48 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Have to make this fast as Leo wants to get out to pick up are turkey as we having a down :rain: pour now and for the rest of the day.Along with rain we are going to have winds going up to 50MPH. Have to wear my slick,to keep the rain off my back.

VICKIE-Tried you little trick last night,drink hot herbal tea and to my surprise it WORKED.Thanks you so much for helping me.I was very dramatic in my post last nigh. I just feel so comfortable with your ladies as cyper friends I don't want to lose you.The WW board is so big I was lucky to find you to begin with.

RHONDA-You chicken dish looks and I imagine the aromas that would make this dish delicious. When supper???????. I knew about the hot milk putting you to sleep but never realized the hot drinks could do the same for filling your up.

PAULA-I'm almost doing the exact thing your doing but I not dividing my points between meals. If you feel it working for you I will try it next week.

JOSLYN-Your on your way to success with your plan.Just keep that song in your mind WALK ON BY and your will succeed. Congrats staying OP for the 2weeks now continue.

Haver to go

Vickie 11-25-2008 10:00 AM

Darnit, Rhonda, I wish I'd seen your post last night!

Thanks, Paula. You are too sweet. I'm trying to post on the good days.

Good Luck, Joslynn. You have a GREAT plan for today.

Mary Ann, I'm very glad it worked for you. Try the vanilla milk. It's a hundred million times better than just hot milk. And....it fills your tummy because it's a protein. You're not dramatic. I feel the same way about people here. We'll manage to stay together somehow.