Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Rhonda - Yes, I will gladly join you in the 1 lb a week goal challenge. One of the things I like about Core is the having to get the water, fruits and veggies, dairy and fat in each day without having to eat a certain amount of points each day. I really enjoyed that today. I hope it will help get the scale moving down for me and keep going down. Enjoy your company tomorrow.

Coco - So sorry about your cat. A real bummer here around your birthday. Hope you were able to have a good one any way.

Sandra and Vickie - I understand the struggle. I too have been doing a lot more reading than writing too. I felt strange writing and not doing very well.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Coco, I'm so sorry about your cat. But, it's the last kind thing we can do for them when they're sick. It's very hard to do and we do miss them. I miss my doggie Anna very much, and it's been over a year since we had to put her down.

But, I do hope you enjoyed your birthday at least some. And, one piece of pizza never hurt us! It's good you ate mostly salad.

Sandra, we're going to the friends' house. Right now, while DH is still working on the bathroom, the toilet is in the living room and the building materials are in the dining room!

Rhonda
Old 11-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Belated Birthday, Coco. I'm SO sorry for the loss of your kitty. I still miss my Cameo very much. What a hard thing to have happen so close to your birthday. I understand. I wish I could help.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #49  

Height: 5'6

Good evening lovelies!

I went back to Chicago for Turkey Day w/ the fam and completely went off track. I didn't gain which is the good news (and a miracle!). I just got back to school a few hours ago and am starting to get back on track by working out. I even opted for the balance protein bar when I was on a layover in Detroit instead of grabbing fast food or chips. I had to switch concourses in the airport so I worked up a good sweat for 15 minutes.

Happy Belated Bday Coco!!

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well

Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #50  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a very bad evening snacking on everything,today I back OP and hope to snack on steamed veggies instead.

TRISH-Oh I remember you,that just the same time I started posting here Welcome:wecome2:back to the board. Sorry about that 4 lb yo yo I know what you went though as I have the same situation with 1 lb. I didn't like Flex either and so I switched to the core and happier that I did.Hated counting points and weighing & measuring. Hope they keep the core in this new program thats coming up. Shouldn't feel strange writing when you not doing well, we're all in the same boat rocking back & fort plus this is where you can feel free to get whats troubling you out in the open and maybe some how we could help with motivation & support.

RHONDA-Have wonderful ex-TG with your American friends.

SANDRA-Maybe if you posted we could help you get back to the core and you wouldn't have to struggle on your own.

COCO-Sorry to hear about your cat, I lost mine to feline cancer even though she was a indoor cat.Very heart breaking to lose a dear friend.Hope that you had a nice birthday even though those circumstances .

SAMMI-Congrats on maintaining after a TG holiday,You did great.

Have to go get ready for church
Old 11-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #51  
Donna

Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been around. Things were pretty hectic with the holiday and all. We went out to my folks for dinner Thursday and I have to say I think it was one of the worst holidays I've had (and saying a lot considering my family background). My sister was in rare form and got in 2 fights first with my other sister then my BIL, then dh over did the food/drink/nephew wrestling and ended up getting sick (literally), so we ended up staying longer than planned and didn't get home until after 11pm and I had to feed the dogs and sit up with them for a while....On a good note with all that I did not over eat or drink Friday we went to my BIL's to have dinner with DH's family, which actually turned out better than I expected, we didn't stay to long because dh was still recovering from the night before. Yesterday DH put up the Christmas lights outside, we had to go buy some first because last year we decided the old ones looked bad and needed to be replaced and promptly forgot about it . Unfortunately yesterday PMS settled in for a visit so I didn't eat terribly well, but I'm hanging in there.

OK enough about my fun. Tomorrow DH visits the oncologist to get a plan for the chemo. Then it's his first day back to work. We'll see how it goes. I really need to get some stuff done around the house, we'll probably do the inside decorations next weekend.

Coco - Happy Belated Birthday!!! on the 1 lb loss. Sorry to hear about your cat, they are definitely part of our family.

Rhonda - How was your x-pat party? Hope you had fun.

Sandra and Vicki - Miss your long posts. Hang in there you'll get there.

Paula - I'm sort of looking forward to the new plan also.

Mary Ann - Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Sammi - Congrats on the maintain and the safe trip.

Trish - Welcome!

Well I should go grab lunch. Turkey sandwich

Have a great day everyone

-Tech
Old 11-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #52  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Sunday everyone. Its a quiet day here today - its also cold and raining. Saw my first snow flakes earlier today.

DH and I had date night last night. We had a wonderful dinner and drinks. With the gift certificates my brother has given us over the past couple of years to this restaurant, we had it all covered, plus the tip, plus we got $25 back! Not a bad night at all. I did splurg and have the 2 pound baked stuffed lobster. It was devine. I did my best to estimate what I ate last night and I did use 18 points on dinner, so on my flore plan, I'm still OK for the day and I have over 30 wpas left until Wed. The scale was up slightly today but between the wine and tom....... should be back down by Wed for wi.

I spent the morning planning my family party menu ( its 2 weeks from today). I feel organized! I have a good mix of core things that I can have and non core things that are not too bad.

Coco, Happy Birthday and I'm sorry for the loss of your cat.

Tech, sorry to hear of your holiday. I hope you can relax a bit soon. Please let us know what the plan will be for DH, keeping him in my prayers.

Trish, Welcome to the board! Looking forward to getting to know you. Its a great group that posts here - very supportive and not critical in any way.

Sammi, tomorrow is a new week. Start back on program. I hope you enjoyed your time away!

Well off to do some on line shopping! BBL
Old 11-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Mary Ann - Thanks I remember you too. Prayed for you hubby many times. How is your hubby doing? From what I've read of your messages mentioning him it sounds like he is doing well. I hope so. My hubby had his surgery in June and they got all the cancer before it spread. Now he goes for tests periodically with hopes it doesn't return. And he deals with the other problems he has with check ups periodically for those too.

Paula - Thanks for the welcome. I agree this is a great group.

I'm totally enjoyed my 1st 2 days on Core. I always said I had to learn to eat a lot (didn't as a child) and now I'm learning with Core to eat more like I did as a child but healthier.

Got to run. Catch y'all later.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

Coco, I'm sorry about your cat. Rhonda is right. That was th elast kind thing yu could do for it.

I'm going to tomorrow. The pool was closed today for the holidays.

Rhonda, it's a good thing you're going to your friends'. Did Doyle get your toilet up and running yet? Bro and family were here today. We had a good visit then went to Olive Garden. I really wanted some wine but refrained--just had soup, salad, and breadsticks.

Maryann, you are right about my needing to post. It's hard to explain why it's difficult when I'm off program, but it is. I'll work at it to get on here more often.

Donna, on staying op during your holiday celebration. It sounds like you did a heck of a job considering what was going on around you. Reminds me of a WW quote: We can't always control what's going on around us, but we can control what goes into our mouths. You get an "atta-girl."

Paula, your date sounds awesome. Makes me smile.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

oowwwwwwwwwww, I have a tummy ache! I ate too much. I bet I gained back all the weight I lost. The made me do it!

Well, the ex-pats, and the one Canadian born, had a great time eating, drinking and chatting about the world.

Tech, that was quite a party. I hope DH has fully recovered. And, Sammi, good for you on your choices. Keep it going. I'll join you: right back OP as of now. Paula, we've got the cold and blowing icy rain tonight. I'm glad I'm not having to travel like so many people are.

Have a great night all.

Rhonda

(No Sandra: the toilet is still in the living room. And, I forgot to mention that the bathroom sink is in the study! I HATE renovations!).
Old 11-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

Meeeee toooooo! Mine will be over soon.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Rhonda. I hope you get it all finished soon.

Vickie, I understand. Me, too.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #58  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe is Dec 1st.already.Not prepared to bring us in to next year the following year.

Nothing new,but Leo's chemo port broke and now we are waiting for the doctor to call to let us know whats the story,if he has to have it removed and replaced. That mean another operation and some more recovery time. That leaves our Christmas plans hanging for a while.
Some how we feel like a tidal wave is heading our way and we can't get out of it way.

DONNA-Sorry that your TG turned out that way,glad it calmed down a little.Hope every thing works out the the oncologist.DH should be careful not to do too much when at work,but I gather you told him that.Thanks we had a happy & quite one eating & watching football.

PAULA-We had frost and than it haled for a while. I guess you living further out on the Cape made a difference.Glad that you enjoyed you date night.You're doing wonderful still having your 30 WPA's left I used mine up I was lucky my new week started on Friday.

TRISH-Leo was fine up to this point,with the broke port we have to ask the doctor what to do next. Thank Goodness he now in remission and no chemo is scheduled for him. His next cat scan will be in Jan. Happy to hear that he in remission also. You look like you doing good on the core. I like the plan also but my problem is portions. Its working a little now that I'm using a smaller plate and a 3 section one also.

SANDRA-Happy to hear that you'll not be a stranger. Remember we are all in this together,as together we stand divided we fall.

RHONDA-Sorry about your tummy ache,but I think we all did the same,with the exception of Paula .I thinK we should make her :queen QUEEN FOR THE DAY:QUEEN:
Closed Thread