Trying to get healthy in Canada

You're on Page 11 of 29
Go to
  • I think it has to be the weather. I am so sock of winter I can't seem to get anything done. I just feel like crying all the time. I am note ven excited abut valentines day (which is probaly for the best as my fiance is working).

Sorry for the blah's I hope you all have a great weekend!!!!
  • Please ingnore all the mistakes I just posted
  • Hey Everybody!
    Well, I had a bad stumble this week and ate a half box of Krispie Kreams! Bad Zanne for buying them! But I have been doing my exercises. I've had to take it easy tho, cause my knees are acting up and they feel like they might give out, so I don't want to injure them. I am also pleased to say that I have lost another pound and am down to 168 I have also lost a couple inches. I've lost a whole inch in my hips! For years I've had the same hip measurement, but in the past couple weeks, it's gotten smaller!

I know at times things look discouraging, but being persistant will pay off.

TRIXI--I'm sick of the cold wind! I like the snow and don't mind if it's just plain cold. I just hate the wind! Just think, every day we are a little more closer to spring! When you are down and starting to get out of control, come and post here! Do NOT stay away during these times. That is when you need to come here most. We are not going to judge you--we've all been there, done that. We're here to support you!

CAT--Glad you're hanging in there. I think the weight thing is that it put too much stress on the joints. I really don't remember--I just know that I heard something bad and tossed my ankle weights.

HI-to everyone else! '

I've got to get going to my appointment!
  • Hi Girls,

Susanne WTG girl think i'll eat half a box of krispie kreams if they help you to lose a pound I still have'nt done any research on the weight thing but i have'nt worn them since either today i walked/jogged just over 3mls so there is no way i'm packing weights when i'm doing that (walked for one min at 3.3mls and jogged for one min at 4.5mls ) i felt great afterwards exercise is such a mood booster i've been feeling depressed lately too Trixi and it is'nt even cold here think i'm just lonely. I'd forgotten all about V-Day too
  • I think a part of mt blah's were the fact that five hours after posting my throat started to hurt and my nose was killing me. Yesterday I was on the couch all day and could'nt move. I still feel not so great but at least I know why I was so cranky!

Good thing happened on friday though. After being together for six years my fiance for the first time sent me flowers! I was so shocked and they were really beautiful. That cheered me up a bit until I started to feel sick.

I am glad everyone (minus one small krispy kreme incident) is doing so good. I keep thinking to myself "you bought the new scale, the workout tapes, the stretchy bands, vitamins and food, why haven't you done anything yet" My goal is to get off my butt and really do this thing. I know its me that is sabotoging (sp) my own health and yet its so hard to get started again (Sorry for the whining)

Today I am going to try to clean my house and just keep on saying to myself tomorrow I will start again. Thanks for all the support you guys!! I really needed it.

Have a great Sunday.
  • wtg suzanne. hope you don't gain next week after those kremes. i hate them because they are too sweet. happy belated valintines day.
    i made chili today.
    glen
  • Hi Girls and Glen

Trixi, its no wonder you have no motivation if you're not feeling well just concentrate on getting yourself better before you throw yourself into an exercise program otherwise you'll tire sooner and it will seem even more overwhelming Get Well Soon

Walked/Jogged another 3.15mls yesterday but my knees are'nt liking it too much so i'll have to buy a knee support to see if that helps otherwise it'll mean going back to just walking and i like the spurts of jogging i feel so energised afterwards.

Are'nt these cute little guys?
  • Hello everyone

I just join this site and weight watchers. I understand the breakfast problem up until this Jan I never ate it. Since I have joined ww I now have cereal or oatmeal every morning. I find that along with forcing myself to drink eight 8oz glasses of water a day and eating breakfast I'm not so hunger midmorning. I do see more of my bathroom. I to am from Ontario and this month I also started to force myself and best friend into bundling up and going for a walk (30 minutes every day) it helps. So far I lost 5lbs I need support I've been trying to lose the same 30lbs for 3 years and this year I hope do it.

sw161
    gw140
    dream of 135
  • Good Morning and Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Sorry I've been MIA for the last week...I was so busy!! But I'm back and ready to go

Welcome NorthernClipper! I know what you mean about seeing more of the bathroom. I Joined WW last month and I'm still frequenting the potty

So last Wed. Weight-in didn't go so well...I didn't lose anything But its better than a gain...and you'd think that after a not so good week I'd have been well behaved this weekend WRONG! I ate sooo much chocolate! Its a weakness Everytime I walked by the kitchen I had some. But its a new week and over a month until Easter, so I don't think they'll be anymore chocolate in the house for a while.

I got a PM from someone at a university in England. She wants to use some of my posts for research...did anyone else get one of these? I have no problem with them using it as long as its legit.

Well hope everyone has a sunny Monday morning.

Cheers,

M.
  • MeRoMo

I agree with you if it's not a gain it's nothing. Chocolate and pastries are my sore spot. After valentines day I told my husband and kids take all the junk food to their rooms and keep it away from me even if there are tears(mine) Then I cleaned some green peppers, cherry tomatoes and celery and I began this week with a clean slate. I also joined two challenges and I'm going to do it this time.

171/160/140
  • Hi Ladies and Glen,
    I hope you don't mind if I join your thread, I just need another one to go to when I'm in need of distraction from my cravings. I'm from Alberta and enjoying the fact that the sunlight is longer everyday. I'm in WW and find sticking to it hard. My problem is that I really enjoy eating Well, it's really late and I should go, but I hope you all do have a wonderful day tomorrow.
  • Hi Diana, Welcome!

I'm in WW too, and I too enjoy eating! But I've been able to "cheat" so to say. I've found food that is good for you and tastes good too! It was really hard for me to stick to it at first, but after a while (and thanks to all of the yummy WW recipes just floating around on the net) its become easier. Not that I'm good ALL the time b/c this weekend was a total bust! But for the most part its not too too bad.

Where is everyone else? Did I miss something while I was gone...did you all leave?

Cheers,

M.
  • Im Here but still feeling pretty bad. I barely made it to work these past two days and I am going to close my office door and not anyone bug me..(really cranky). Things are so busy and this cold is killing me!

Cat I have put off the exercise considering getting out of bed is a feat right now. I hope your knees feels better.

Welocome DewCan and northernclipper, nice to see some new faces!!!!

I hope you all have a great Tuesday and will post again tomorrow and hopefully in a brighter mood. I am looking forward to spring.

Trixi
  • I hope by the time you see this Trixi, that you will be feeling somewhat better!

M.
  • Thanks MeRoMo,

Feeling alittle better than this morning but really pooped. Don't have the energy to cook dinner and my daughter has a friend over so I am going to order pizza. The good thing though is I am still not hungry so I doubt I will have any. Maybe make myself some soup later. Have a great night all.

Trixi