Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #31  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hello everyone. The weather her in VT is wonderful too, it's in the low 80's now.

Today is my first day back to full duty at work following hand surgery, it's been 6 weeks. It feels good to be back. The uniform I put on this morning is one I bought a year ago and it was too small then, I never wore it. Today I reached for it and it's a little too big. Had to cinch my belt up to hold up my pants! What a good feeling. I also wear a duty/gun belt and had to bring that in to the smallest notch to get it to fit. I am going to keep it and have a local leather shop put some new holes in it!

Have a great OP day.
Make sure you KEEP THAT BELT and NEVER throw it away so that you will always have a reminder of HOW FAR you have come and won't wanna go back....Congrats!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #32  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Happy Monday IPeeps! I am excited to try some fun recipes - I was able to really browse the Recipe #3 thread on my phone during the 4 hour drive from San Antonio back to Dallas yesterday and got some great ideas. I'd casually browsed before, but this time copied down my faves for safekeeping - start gathering all of my favorites in one place!

I picked up some kale and turnips I look forward to cooking up - time to work in a few more new veggies into the rotation - I've found several satisfying 'creamy sweet' recipes, now I need some 'crunchy salty' ones. Been feeling a little blah and bloated recently - but it was no big mystery why (TOM).
Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #33  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning ya'll! It's a gloomy damp day here in ND, but ya know it reminds me of home (WA) I love it! lol I'm so excited to go home in the next few weeks i can barely contain myself!
But anyway, I had to share... so I was skimmin through a friends pics on FB yesterday and I came across a pic of me from just a few months ago pre-IP and I yelled out "holy *ish" I couldn't belive the difference! I showed my fieance and he said "yeah... you've lost alot already, I've noticed, keep it up, you're doing great" after I "aww'd" him lol i just sat there and stared at the pic.. i cant believe it! It was a happy moment and had to share.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #34  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm down 2.6 this week and have made it into the 180s. Yeah!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzenbocker View Post
today isn't my weigh in day but i weighed my self at home and i only have .5 of a lb to loose till i reach 55lbs lost and i go from being "overweight" to being "normal" on the BMI scale!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
That is AWESOME! I just moved from Obese -> Overweight last WI and am looking forward to when I move on down the scale myself. Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment!

Quote:
Hello everyone. The weather her in VT is wonderful too, it's in the low 80's now.

Today is my first day back to full duty at work following hand surgery, it's been 6 weeks. It feels good to be back. The uniform I put on this morning is one I bought a year ago and it was too small then, I never wore it. Today I reached for it and it's a little too big. Had to cinch my belt up to hold up my pants! What a good feeling. I also wear a duty/gun belt and had to bring that in to the smallest notch to get it to fit. I am going to keep it and have a local leather shop put some new holes in it!

Have a great OP day.
Well, that is just a great NSV! It has been very satisfying to be able to try on clothes from the back of the closet again that were too small. Congratulations on moving your notches!

I had a pretty good (funny) NSV myself this weekend. At CVS I had to run back from the counter to get a replacement product from the shelf and when I was running back my shorts nearly fell off! Talk about a last minute save - it would have been on Americas Funniest Home Videos for sure! And those were shorts that were too small just a month ago.

And speaking of funnies - tell me I am not the only one who has been caught licking their soup bowl clean...
Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Good morning ya'll! It's a gloomy damp day here in ND, but ya know it reminds me of home (WA) I love it! lol I'm so excited to go home in the next few weeks i can barely contain myself!
But anyway, I had to share... so I was skimmin through a friends pics on FB yesterday and I came across a pic of me from just a few months ago pre-IP and I yelled out "holy *ish" I couldn't belive the difference! I showed my fieance and he said "yeah... you've lost alot already, I've noticed, keep it up, you're doing great" after I "aww'd" him lol i just sat there and stared at the pic.. i cant believe it! It was a happy moment and had to share.
You need to SAVE that picture and use it as your BEFORE picture!!!!.....make you a progress of pics each month and you will be amazed at the changes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
WOOHOO!!!!....congrats!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie70 View Post
Just saying hello here for the day... I'm a second timer. This is my 1st WI since I have been back OP, doing it alternative on my own this time. I had to drive 100 miles to go to clinic and the cost of IP made me choose alternative. I'm down 13# for my 1st WI, somethings working. I pray that I complete my journey this time. All of the great support that I find on here will help. Thanks to all of you out there and have a great week!!
Hi! Welcome back. I also am a 2nd timer to IP, so I wanted to encourage you. I am on week 8 now and am so pleased with results. It isnt always easy but keep with it. Take a "before" pic and as times goes on, you will love to see your transformation.

We are all here to cheer you on. Visit this forum everyday to get motivation, tips, encouragement and advice if needed. We are rooting for you. Go forward and be victorious! You are worth it!!!!!

Maria
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #38  

Quote:
Congratulations on moving into a new decade! That's such a great feeling - all these great updates are turning this Monday into a great day (and that is a big thing for me to say - Mondays and me don't always get along)

Quote:
I need to take some update pics - my coach took one at the very beginning, I need to start updating my own. Sometimes I still feel blah (hello TOM), but then I realize that my pants are baggy and waist no longer pinches. It's hard to see the changes myself in the mirror, but I have been getting comments from folks, especially those I haven't seen lately.

Last edited by LizRR; 04-16-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Wuv,

Im loving the new picture of you. Gorgeous!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Wuv,

Im loving the new picture of you. Gorgeous!!!!!!!
AWWWW thank you!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

Wuv you remind me of Tundra from Fried Green Tomatoes lol
Old 04-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
Wuv you remind me of Tundra from Fried Green Tomatoes lol
Hmmmmm I am hoping that is a good thing....lol....now I will have to go watch that!!...its been many years since I have seen that movie and don't remember who that is!....lol
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I have not posted in a bit, but have quickly checked in some. I think I need to check in more!! Seems when I get too busy and don"t do the things that have been my routine while on IP, it is harder for me!

It was great to open the chat thread and read the encouraging words from Sewmam, Wuv and others. It helps me to see that others have challenges on some days too. This truly has been a process and journey of changing my life and it, of course, has its bumps and grinds. Seems much of my brain loves the status quo and has to be brought along with new things!

In the past several days, I have gotten myself toooo busy. I am coming to realize a life full of activity is not necessarily a fuller life! But, I have had to find things to replace my snacking time during the day or old habits would knock on the door. I also have been so excited about my new energy that I kinda went crazy enjoying busy-ness!

But, recently, I think I got nearly hectic. Noted my water consumption took a dive. I hate that as I know it is inportant to weght loss and my body functions better when I get it in. I did some self sabotage, I see. I am getting used to this being a process with me and woke up today ready to re-assess and find a way to make the plan work for me. I used to be such an all-or-nothing person and would get upset with poor goal performance. I am learning lack of perfection does not mean I should give up. It is actually a NORMAL thing. Darn perfectionist messages I had running in my head!

I could obsess on the idea that my actual "scale performance" may not be great this week, but I think I will try to concentrate on how good I feel! Laugh at the fact that now , at stores, people who have known me for years do not even realize it is me beside them!

Hoping for a good day for everyone on IP trying to improve their life! Thanks to all of you who take a few minutes out of your day to post or respond on here! Carry on, and most of all, tell yourself that you LOVE you today!
I am learning the same thing you are! I have always been all or nothing too. If I was trying to be good on another diet, but had a chocolate bar....I would say to myself, well you might as well have McDonalds the day is ruined now.....but things have changed for me, even the thought of cheating makes me feel bad.

Good luck on your journey, we can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie5 View Post
Good morning all!
Starting Third week WI-3 I'm down 7 pounds.
Not bad for 2 weeks IP! Loving this plan!!!
Great Loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Busy few days so I'm finally getting a chance to check in.

Ended up doing some cross border shopping and got some new clothes. Imagine my surprise when I fit into pants that were size 20 and I'd been wearing 28's only a month and a half ago! So exciting. And size 18/20 tops? Insanity! Felt really, really good.

Also had a blast just walking through a US grocery store. Picked up a few salad dressings that we know are okay and had a total score on the 4c Totally Light drink crystals. Here they're $7.39 a box. Tops had them on for $5.39 which was good enough - but then they had a buy one get one free sale going on! Needless to say we bought lots. And lots of the Mio flavours that we can't get here either. Good day, good day.
I cross border shop....too much LOL Love it though, like you said to find different stuff. Congrats on the new sizes, be very proud of yourself, you look fantastic!

Quote:

Have a great OP day.
Now that is fantastic, good for you! Keep going you are doing great and I agree with WUV keep that belt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Happy Monday IPeeps! I am excited to try some fun recipes - I was able to really browse the Recipe #3 thread on my phone during the 4 hour drive from San Antonio back to Dallas yesterday and got some great ideas. I'd casually browsed before, but this time copied down my faves for safekeeping - start gathering all of my favorites in one place!

I picked up some kale and turnips I look forward to cooking up - time to work in a few more new veggies into the rotation - I've found several satisfying 'creamy sweet' recipes, now I need some 'crunchy salty' ones. Been feeling a little blah and bloated recently - but it was no big mystery why (TOM).
I made the turnip fries for lunch, never was a fan at all of mashed turnip but cutting them into fries and adding the paprika, onion and garlic powder was great. I also added some sea salt. Can't wait to have them for supper tonight! I think my body is like....what the ****, why couldn't you give me all this good stuff before now. Loving veggies now.

Quote:
Yay that is great, good for you.

Quote:
Hope you have a great visit home! Nice to look back and it not be too long ago to see such a big difference in yourself. Makes it all worth while. Keep going!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hey IPers, not a great start off to the day, my little man woke up crying with a sore ear. Took him to the clinic and said it is fluid, so just keep with the advil and tylenol. Crazy that fluid can cause so much pain. He has been so sick, catching every bug it seems he comes across.

Tried the turnip fries for lunch and they were great, can't wait for supper so I can have more. Still staying OP with no problem, and still loving this program....I keep thinking I wish I found it years ago.

Question for any men on here or any ladies that know, wondering if men get an extra IP pack a day in phase 1? My husband is thinking of trying it, but not sure if he gets extra being a male and all LOL. He only needs to loose some belly fat maybe 10-15 lbs. He is very buff other than that, lifts weights 5 days a week. If anyone knows, would love to hear from you.

Have a fantastic IP day everyone.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #45  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Survived a 2-day field trip to the San Juan islands with 300 6th graders! I stayed OP except for a snack pack of almonds that I bought and ate slowly over the course of the trip. Came home late Friday night, had a horse show on Saturday and my son's 18th birthday on Sunday. I resisted cake, chips, beer, ice cream & all that jazz...I stuck to chicken & veggie kebabs and a salad with a small hamburger in it! Today I am on the run with my DD - who got a callback to Auditions for Annie! Wish us luck.
Closed Thread