IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/15/11

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Congrats Wayward on the 101 pounds!
  • Quote: Hi All,
    I had my weigh-in today, and I was down 3.5. That makes for more than 40 lbs lost.

Thanks to all of you for the advice. It really helps.

Here is a tid-bit I received from my coach regarding Thanksgiving. She reminded me that because I have been on the program for about 9 weeks now, cheating would literally make me sick. She said it would be like doing the first week over again. While the thought of slowing down my loss was okay motivation, the thought of getting sick is enough to keep me from the mashed potatoes and stuffing. Turkey and a salad it is. And maybe some .
    I think the guilt over cheating would make me as sick as actually eating the food. Thanksgiving will be easy at my house since it's just my husband and our two kids. Our entire family is out of state and we aren't going home till December. That will be my challenge, but I'll get through it just fine.
  • Been a rough day today. WI was not so good. Only down 0.2 lbs this week, and i didn't loose any last week either. Been on IP for a month now and lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks. I have been 100% on plan as well. So i cried, i went and ate sushi... and then cried because i ate sushi ( emotional eater alert) I feel horrible (before the sushi) I have no energy and and feel so short of breath going up stairs and such. I was not like this before I started. I am 26 years old and i take the stairs everyday. Hopefully worked out a plan with my coach to increase in carbs and restricted items to help with energy. My next weigh-in isn't until Dec 1 due to work and Thanksgiving.

I also use Mio, so i am starting to wonder if that is holding me back?

I know i didn't gain my extra weight over night, but i wish i could see something change from all the hard work I'm doing.
  • Quote: Been a rough day today. WI was not so good. Only down 0.2 lbs this week, and i didn't loose any last week either. Been on IP for a month now and lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks. I have been 100% on plan as well. So i cried, i went and ate sushi... and then cried because i ate sushi ( emotional eater alert) I feel horrible (before the sushi) I have no energy and and feel so short of breath going up stairs and such. I was not like this before I started. I am 26 years old and i take the stairs everyday. Hopefully worked out a plan with my coach to increase in carbs and restricted items to help with energy. My next weigh-in isn't until Dec 1 due to work and Thanksgiving.

I also use Mio, so i am starting to wonder if that is holding me back?

I know i didn't gain my extra weight over night, but i wish i could see something change from all the hard work I'm doing.
    What do you eat in a day?
  • LadyDi2010, you will lose, I lost in crazy patterns too. I also did not have energy, like so many others reported. I am doing much better on phase 3, as far as energy. I think I needed a couple hundred more calories.

Wayward. CONGRATS!

and congrats to all the other big losers so far this week.
  • Congrats, Wayward!!! That is an awesome achievement!!
  • Hi
    Just back from WI #3 and lost 1 lb forever and 3.6 inches, so I am very happy about this. Hope everyone else had a great weigh in or just a great day. Bebe
  • The pounding has stopped for the moment. It is getting dark outside.

I didn't want to miss congratulating Wayward on losing over 100 pounds! That's an awesome achievement. I hope to join you at the mile marker shortly after the first of the year.
  • Quote: I can hardly focus right now though because they are replacing the roof on our condo which means they are pounding and pounding.---Did I say pounding? Okay, I'm I'm done complaining. I think---well, no I can't!
    Giggled, then snorted. SO unlady-like.
  • Having a really good day today! I had a slow WI last week and was feeling a little discouraged.

Had my WK4 WI -4.4 today! Yupee!!! I'm excited again!

18.6 down, 30.4 to reach my goal!
  • Quote: What do you eat in a day?

usually Vanilla shake for breakfast 7 ish, salad for lunch with cucumbers and broccoli at 11 ish, cup of pickles for a snack and carmel nut bar or bbq ridges at 2 ish, and then a drink mix or pudding for a snack at 4 or 5, and dinner at 8 which is usually chicken with veggies.
    Both me and my husband don't get home til 730 so we eat a late dinner.
  • Have to run and pick up my little guy, if I remember and have time when I get home I will respond to you Lady, there are some things I would suggest changing up, if for some reason I don't remember please post in Wuv and I's thread so I will remember to respond tomorrow about this.
    Don't get discouraged,

And to EVERYONE... MIO doesn't hurt you, I have at least 16 squirts of Mio a day in my water and it has never effected my weight loss, you can look at all my WI's below and I have had Mio every day of every week since week 2.

Gotta run

Oh and everyone, thank you for the acknowledgements, I really do appreciate it, and yes I feel really good about myself as a result.
  • Quote: usually Vanilla shake for breakfast 7 ish, salad for lunch with cucumbers and broccoli at 11 ish, cup of pickles for a snack and carmel nut bar or bbq ridges at 2 ish, and then a drink mix or pudding for a snack at 4 or 5, and dinner at 8 which is usually chicken with veggies.
    just my opinion...
    try not to have restricted items every day. And try not to have pickles every day. Salt will cause you to retain. stick with cucumbers (they are a free veggie along with lettuce at my clinic). Get in all your veggies and vitamins. Take omega, it's recommended. Drink at least 100oz of water. First time I did the diet, I was cranky all the time and had low energy, just wanted to crawl in bed when I was home. This time around I am energetic, not sure why, I think i am drink water a lot more than I did the first time around. Coffee and tea are my best friends too. It's okay to eat late as long was you don't go to bed on a full tummy.
    Hang in there! Your body will reward you!
  • Quote: usually Vanilla shake for breakfast 7 ish, salad for lunch with cucumbers and broccoli at 11 ish, cup of pickles for a snack and carmel nut bar or bbq ridges at 2 ish, and then a drink mix or pudding for a snack at 4 or 5, and dinner at 8 which is usually chicken with veggies.
    You are going for quite a long stretch between breakfast and 2, not sure if that is causing a problem or not. Also make sure you are getting the full amount of protein at dinner. Is there sodium in the pickles? I think the latest research on IP is that a restricted everyday does not slow weight loss.
    I would be concerned that you are not eating the full amount you are allowed and that is slowing you down.
  • I looked at your daily meal and the only thing different from what I do is you don't seem to have your last IP AFTER dinner, it looks like you are having it before around 4 or 5 and eating dinner at 8pm? If that is correct I think you may need to change your IP to after dinner because my coach said that if we have an IP before we go to bed it helps with our metabolism and is breaking down the fat or something while we are sleeping. I don't know I am really new to this just thought I would mention what my Coach told me. Can't hurt to try. Good luck on your journey.