Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/8/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.6/280/175

Height: 5'10"

Default new and having a hard time

hi- my name is erica and ive been "on" the IP since the 23rd of oct. but then i had a death in the family that hit me real hard on the 27th. i tryed my best while i was greving but it was hard. then when i got back i came down w/ the worst sinus infection ive ever had.
i work all the time and im finding it hard to get in all my veggies and then that makes me hungry. since the 1st ive only cheated once and it was for somethings stupid "bread"(oh how i love bread). i have headaches all the time and im so tiered. will this get any easer?? my coach says it will and i REALLY want this to work, so i joined this site so i can read what others are going threw and so i can write what im going threw. so i guess this is me introducing my self to u all. wish me luck. im going to stick w/ it.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #3  

I just started the IP program 2 weeks ago. I have only 15 pounds to lose but started with my grown daughter who is 23 and has PCOS and always struggled with her weight. My weight lose has been slow but I feel amazing. The hardest part for me is that I love red wine! I have never joined a blog so this is really new for me. I just want to tell wuv2bloved that you are so amazing and your posts and pictures have really inspired me and made me so optimistic for my daughters overall future! We have tried everything through all her teen years etc. We don't live together but we are going to get through the Holidays together!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/206/150

Height: 5'7

Hi, my name is Tracey & I am staring this diet right after the holidays. I want to get as much information as I can in the meantime. There are several doctors in my area that I can go to, but I am wondering what questions I should be asking to make sure they are not just selling the product, but are really looking out for my well being? I am so excited to get started, esspecially after finding this forum! Thank you!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to you all, although I am a newbie myself I can tell you the program is working for me. 10 pounds in 2 weeks! I had a horrible headache the first week after about 3 days but it went away at the end of the first week. My second week I experienced some fatigue but that too has gone away. This site is so helpful to me, all the experienced IP'ers have such great information and motivation to share with us all. Be sure to check out the recipes thread, Steven in Finland should be on the IP staff as a test kitchen cook. For me, I find that doing as much prep work as possible makes it easier for me. I measure veggies into one cup servings and put them in zip lock baggies...I measure my proteins into 5-8 oz servings and put them in the freezer so I can just grab a day or two in advance what I plan to cook that week. There are also a couple of packets I cook at home and then reheat at work, the hearty stew and the spaghetti for example. Good luck to you.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good Morning Sunshines!

Welcome to the new people!!!

2RIDE: I finally got my eggnog (splenda) syrup from Sweet Treat in Edmonton (your recommendation). I've always liked Chocolatety Chai Tea and have had a pot of tea of it every evening for a while now. But with the eggnog...."HAAALLLOOO"...Y-uU-U-mMm!

Thanks for the recommendation, I try to not put to much splenda in my diet so I'll have to be careful with it cause it's so full of awesome goodness!

I have to admit this two weeks without a scale is for the birds (I think I said that last time). Ugh, I just wanna KNOW! lol I'm actually trying to pay attention this time to my clothes but it doesn't really help, I'm definately a numbers kinda gal.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Ishbel; 11-08-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

Good Morning everyone!
It is a gorgeous sunny day here in CT, and fallen trees are getting chopped and hauled away. Everything is getting back to normal. Uhhh, feels good.

Erica, it will definitely get better. As far as veggies go, I too struggle at times. Some tricks I use: I cut my cucumbers and celery or broccoli, or whatever it is into small pieces, put it in a zip-lock bag, and squeeze some lemon juice, sprinkle of sea salt. I have been using spinach a lot lately. If you wilt 2 cups of spinach in a pan with 1 spoon of olive oil, some garlic, see salt and dash, it becomes a much smaller portion.
Hope that helps.
Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbypants View Post
hi- my name is erica and ive been "on" the IP since the 23rd of oct. but then i had a death in the family that hit me real hard on the 27th. i tryed my best while i was greving but it was hard. then when i got back i came down w/ the worst sinus infection ive ever had.
i work all the time and im finding it hard to get in all my veggies and then that makes me hungry. since the 1st ive only cheated once and it was for somethings stupid "bread"(oh how i love bread). i have headaches all the time and im so tiered. will this get any easer?? my coach says it will and i REALLY want this to work, so i joined this site so i can read what others are going threw and so i can write what im going threw. so i guess this is me introducing my self to u all. wish me luck. im going to stick w/ it.
Welcome Grabbypants - First i am so very sorry for what you had to deal with regarding the death in your family and then the sinus infection. Certainly stressors that makes things much harder.

I have been on IP since June of this year and have lost 50 lbs. It is very common to feel what you are describing the first 3 to 4 days on IP, and probably was magnified due to the stressors and illness. It does go away.

This diet works and you will feel so much better. It is very important to follow the diet, not to go off program and drink your water. If you do this it WILL WORK!! It is not forever, just for a set amount of time, then you get introduced back to carbs again in phase 4.

We are all here for you. This website is invaluable for all the ideas, support and motivation you get.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Welcome! Sorry for your loss and sickness. I am glad you are back on track. You will soon realize staying on plan through everything happy and sad will be the best decision you ever made. If you don't cheat it will work, headaches will go away and you will feel full of energy. Buy veggies in thr frozen section that you can throw in the microwave, that's what I do for work. Make extra veggies at dinner and eat leftovers at lunch. Or chop up some bell peppers and have them with you all day to munch on. The key is to plan ahead, and you will never fail. We are here for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleChantFan View Post
I just started the IP program 2 weeks ago. I have only 15 pounds to lose but started with my grown daughter who is 23 and has PCOS and always struggled with her weight. My weight lose has been slow but I feel amazing. The hardest part for me is that I love red wine! I have never joined a blog so this is really new for me. I just want to tell wuv2bloved that you are so amazing and your posts and pictures have really inspired me and made me so optimistic for my daughters overall future! We have tried everything through all her teen years etc. We don't live together but we are going to get through the Holidays together!
It's amazing that you are doing this with your daughter. You will love the benefits of this program, even if you only have a little to lose, you will get lean and energized and your pancreas will thank you.
There are lots of holiday recipes online that are Ideal Protein friendly. You and your daughter can enjoy them together!

http://http://idealproteincoachsam.w...eats-some-not/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceym View Post
Hi, my name is Tracey & I am staring this diet right after the holidays. I want to get as much information as I can in the meantime. There are several doctors in my area that I can go to, but I am wondering what questions I should be asking to make sure they are not just selling the product, but are really looking out for my well being? I am so excited to get started, esspecially after finding this forum! Thank you!
I would see if the different clinics have a facebook site and see if you can ask some of their current members some questions about how they like the clinic. You will get lots and lots of answers on this site as well. I think this site has contributed to at least 80% to my success!

Welcome Newbies, you won't be newbies for long! You will feel amazing after a month goes by!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to all the newbies or soon to be starting folks!

If any of you have "liked" Steven from Finland's Facebook page, check out the waffle recipe that was posted today. Sounds super delicious and I can't wait to try it!

After having a stall week last week, the weight is falling off again. I really need to go down a size (or 2!) in my jeans but I don't have a lot in my closet to make that work right now so I keep wearing them. They almost fell down on my walk to the office today! I just feel so much lighter all of a sudden - it feels great!

The city of Chicago is transforming into a beautiful holiday land. Every day, a new decoration has popped up. It's been fun to watch!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all and welcome to the new folks. It does get easier.

I have now lost 46 lbs of the 87 lbs I set out to lose. I have been getting rid of bags and bags of clothes, which is great, but I'm struggling to find things that actually fit.

And here's an interesting (to me) observation -- my best friend commented that I look like myself again. And I kind of feel like myself again. I've been grieving for the past 4 years and put on a lot of weight. I think I was holding onto the weight for so many reasons, but one reason was that if I lost the weight and started looking and feeling better people might think I was over everything.

Anyway, this has been quite a journey. And for all of the new folks, if you stick with the plan and ride out some of the more difficult moments it does work.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #12  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Good morning all! I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday so far. I am sorry to hear about all the sickness and unfortunate deaths. I'm sending good thoughts to all of you!

I'v had a terrible headache for the past three days, as well as some "C" issues. I would think after six weeks on IP, I would be past all of that but I guess it's just part of the deal. I'm trying to push through it, but I haven't been getting much sleep. I'm trying to cut off coffee (caffine) completely, so I've been cutting back a little each day. I know that's part of the issue. I'm feeling a little better today, so I'm hoping things improve soon.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #13  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Grabby, so sorry for your loss and illness. You need to be mentally ready to start the diet so I am glad you are trying it out again. It does get better. I was VERY addicted to carbs, sugar and diet coke. All thinks we can't have. So i had a rough first week. Headaches, nausea, fatigue, belly problems. But i am on week 4 and feel great. I dont' have the cravings for junk food anymore (unless i smell it) but i just resist....and the best part...is that i can resist now.
To all the newbies, stick with it, this blog has helped me so much. Definetly keep coming back here for food ideas and mostly support. I am new to the chat thing but i come here every weekday. I need it to keep me going. I love hear about all the successes, as well as feeling that i am not alone when i have struggles.
Good luck.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Welcome Erica sorry for your loss, it is always a stressful time and adding a strict diet doesn't help. I hear you about the bread, one of my most missed items, but you can make foccocia bread out of the crepe, or pizza dough out of it, you just have to be a little inventive and look at the recipe threads. I use to make a pizza every week, when I first started but now because I have to buy full boxes of packets instead of individuals I don't experiment as much as I use to. I am also very close to my goal so am beginning to phase out. I must say this diet really works, just have a look at my before and after pictures... 90 lbs in 9 months I am a new person, who sometimes think I am still fat but am slowly realizing that I am not and I can let go of my hangups...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleChantFan View Post
It is an amazing journey that you will cherish with your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good Morning Sunshines!

Welcome to the new people!!!

2RIDE: I finally got my eggnog (splenda) syrup from Sweet Treat in Edmonton (your recommendation). I've always liked Chocolatety Chai Tea and have had a pot of tea of it every evening for a while now. But with the eggnog...."HAAALLLOOO"...Y-uU-U-mMm!

Thanks for the recommendation, I try to not put to much splenda in my diet so I'll have to be careful with it cause it's so full of awesome goodness!

I have to admit this two weeks without a scale is for the birds (I think I said that last time). Ugh, I just wanna KNOW! lol I'm actually trying to pay attention this time to my clothes but it doesn't really help, I'm definately a numbers kinda gal.

Have a great day everyone!
I love my DaVinci syrups... my next one I am going to buy is pumpkin for a chocolate pumpkin latte... it just sounds so good. Love the Poppy, we must NEVER FORGET our veterans and what they have done for us. I am with you on not weighing in. My next wi isn't until Nov 21 so I vow to not weigh myself at home, and let my pants gauge where I am. I start phase 3 today so I am expecting to gain but who knows I might be one of those lucky ones that loses weight in phase 3.

All you new people (sometimes I hate the word newbies....) it is so worth the journey. I am not at my goal yet but it may be because that is MY MINDS goal and not my bodies goal... I have been struggling for a few months now not really losing a lot and gaining some weeks, I think my body is saying for NOW this is the weight I should be and I am fine with that. Remember Never give up, I haven't eventually I will get to my goal, I don't think it is impossible. Now you all look at WUV and see how successful she is, She is come a long way in a short time and is doing it...

Have a great day.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

Busy week at work and at home...kids seem to be having projects every other day! Not much new to report but just wanted to pop in an say hello.

I've been having fun going through my closet and trying things i used to wear a few years ago before putting on lots of weight...makes shopping cheap, lol.

Welcome to the newbie, IP is super strict but very easy to follow and gives great results.
Closed Thread