Your one weakness...

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Lol, Panacea--me and my lil bro used to do that as little kids too! Seriously, we weren't even tall enough to see over the counter and we would dip into the butter dish.
  • Quote: Lol, Panacea--me and my lil bro used to do that as little kids too! Seriously, we weren't even tall enough to see over the counter and we would dip into the butter dish.
    Haha. I always joke, I had a "no square left behind" rule about my Ego Waffles when I was a kid. Every square had butter in it. Then I think "is it any wonder I have nearly 150lbs to lose??"
  • Excuses!

The whole reason I gained so much weight is because I made up excuses. "I'll do it tomorrow, I'm going out later today and I don't want to be late/tired." or "I can't be bothered cooking, let's get a takeaway" or "I've lost weight, I'll be ok if I don't exercise today" then look at excuse number 1 and I've got myself a mean circle of bullsh!t.
  • Pasta... I love pasta.. I can say no it is.. unless my mother cooks it.. then, all bets are off..

Also, with the holiday season coming up (I know... its not really.. but it sure does feel like it) egg nog will be a challenge..
  • Quote: If there is butter of any kind in the house, I seem to find SOMETHING to put it on. This is a life long thing, I used to scoop it out of the tub with my fingers as a little girl. Gross I know, but I love me some butter. Maybe Paula Deen is my mother. Luckily, Smart Balance has been the choice, so when I sneak it, I don't feel quite as bad (ok it's still bad)
    You must be my long-lost sibling. I think I've only JUST broken this habit.
  • Pizza...I can't stop at one slice or two. I sit down and think I'll eat salad and 2 slices and be fine. But then the yummy warm melty cheese pizza sits there and calls to me. Because honestly it's best fresh not microwaved. It used to be pasta but now I honestly don't think of pasta most days.
  • oh... i miss pizza....
  • Quote: Excuses!

The whole reason I gained so much weight is because I made up excuses. "I'll do it tomorrow, I'm going out later today and I don't want to be late/tired." or "I can't be bothered cooking, let's get a takeaway" or "I've lost weight, I'll be ok if I don't exercise today" then look at excuse number 1 and I've got myself a mean circle of bullsh!t.
    I have this too. The first time I lost weight for some reason I came up with the idea that I could never gain it back and just do whatever.....
  • Weakness: Cheesy foods. Specifically, I love homemade cheese enchiladas.
  • hmm yea, I think i will need to unsubscribe from this thread soon.. all of this sounds soooo incredibly good.. :/
  • My guilty pleasures are french fries mmm fries. Mostly potato things so I just don't have potatoes in the house. I have sweet potatoes but they don't call to me the same way.

Otherwise, hm, cheeseburgers, the other weakness, with blue cheese instead of cheddar. Yep, luckily, I never make those at home so this only a twice a year indulgence when I might happen to go out to some restaurant that has it.
  • custard doughnuts with banana flavoured icing and cinnamon

*goes to drool in the corner for a little while*
  • anything sweeeet =[
  • Quote: I do not like bread, chocolate, pasta and pizza
    You are my hero.

I'm also a sucker for chips (with just salt added), lemon ice cream and cashews..
  • Carbs. Idc what people say. I.LOVE.CARBS! I couldn't imagine my life without them. I have co worker always trying to get me to do a low carb diet. and I know It would be for the best... but I don't think I could survive.

I also love Dr. Pepper. I have limited myself to a max 2 a week and If I REALLY need my "soda" fix I try to have a diet coke. But mm FOUNTAIN Dr pepper. ugh I could go for one right now!