IP Daily Chat- Thursday, June 23

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • I could use a little help. I am going on a hike tomorrow with my parents. I used to hike a lot (I live in Colorado and we love doing 14ers), but I am not really sure how it will work on IP.
    I will probably eat an unrestricted breakfast, a restricted for lunch halfway through the hike, and then I was thinking of adding an extra bar after we are done. And then of course my own meat/veggies for dinner and an unrestricted evening snack. Does that sound like it should work? We are probably going to start hiking regularly so I would love to know how to deal with it.
    Also, can anyone give me ideas of veggies I can bring to much on at lunch? Obviously we wont be able to prepare them there...
    Thank you!
  • Quote: I could use a little help. I am going on a hike tomorrow with my parents. I used to hike a lot (I live in Colorado and we love doing 14ers), but I am not really sure how it will work on IP.
    I will probably eat an unrestricted breakfast, a restricted for lunch halfway through the hike, and then I was thinking of adding an extra bar after we are done. And then of course my own meat/veggies for dinner and an unrestricted evening snack. Does that sound like it should work? We are probably going to start hiking regularly so I would love to know how to deal with it.
    Also, can anyone give me ideas of veggies I can bring to much on at lunch? Obviously we wont be able to prepare them there...
    Thank you!
    I was driving a lot last weekend, and I had a bag of sliced green, red and orange peppers, and I had some kale chips and spinach chips. If you have kale the chips will hold up on your hike. The peppers were really good. You could also bring celery, sliced cucumber. Hope that helps.
  • Quote: I was driving a lot last weekend, and I had a bag of sliced green, red and orange peppers, and I had some kale chips and spinach chips. If you have kale the chips will hold up on your hike. The peppers were really good. You could also bring celery, sliced cucumber. Hope that helps.
    That does help a lot actually! Thank you! I hadn't even thought of Kale chips, but those might be just perfect.
  • Congrats to all those with SV's and NSV's today! I am so full right now since 4 it feels like I haven't stopped eating! I mada a super yummy marinade for steak and had it along with salad then made kale chips and then the pudding cakes-wow-by the way. It feels like I cheated just because of how much I enjoyed everything and the fullness I have right now. TOM is here and I think that provokes the need for food . I made the oatmeal muffins from the recipe thread and had those for breakfast can't say as that I overly enjoyed them but they're okay.
    This weekend is going to provide a few challenges in that I'll be away from home until Sunday and we have company coming Sunday night but WI is Monday so I will have to muddle through. Hope everyone had a great OP day!
  • I could use some help. This is my 3rd week. 1st week lost 6lbs, second week lost 2.5 and then tonight I ate a chicken breast and it said it came with tomatoes, it showed up and i thought was boiled down tomatoes so i ate it. Then i asked and the waitress told me there was sugar in the sauce. Is this going to screw me up for 3 days? I'm so worried about it? If I worked out would it get me back in quicker?
  • well as of today i am finally back on track! and it feels amazing!!! i started june 7 and on my first weigh in lost 8lbs and 8.75 inches!!!! then the next weekend we had a huge family reunion and i definitely cheated... ALOT. now this week has come around and let me tell you... getting back on track is HARD. totally not worth it. i'm still down 6 but didnt even go into my WI this week and am waiting until tuesday next week to weigh in. im hoping that i lose 5lbs so total i will have lost 11 lbs. we'll see! i just really gotta kick it in the butt these next 4 and a half days!

i've noticed that when i am bored/alone is when i am most tempted to cheat. i just gotta keep busy and i am fine! i've also been incorporating exercise into my routine (not only to burn cals but time!). i am going to try to work out 4-5 days a week.

i'm hoping tomorrow goes just as well as today!!!
  • Quote: Is anybdy else really hormonal on this diet? I feel like I did throughout my pregnancy! One minute I am happy, the next I am so short tempered and then I could be crying! Makes life interesting with a 2 year old in the house that is for sure!
    When your body is in ketosis you burn stored fat to make up the caloric deficit or what you are not consuming. Within the Stored fat cells is estrogen which as the fat is being burned gets released in to your body thus creating hormonal surges. Some people are more sensitive to them than others. It also can be attributed to change in time and flow of periods and the ability to conceive.

Quote: I could use a little help. I am going on a hike tomorrow with my parents. I used to hike a lot (I live in Colorado and we love doing 14ers), but I am not really sure how it will work on IP.
    Thank you!
    Pre pregnancy I was running everyday on this diet and my coach told me to have a non restricted item pre workout and a restricted item post workout. BUt to not have more than one restricted item per day as the carb count would be too hogh for the day and would throw me out of ketosis....
  • Quote: Pre pregnancy I was running everyday on this diet and my coach told me to have a non restricted item pre workout and a restricted item post workout. BUt to not have more than one restricted item per day as the carb count would be too hogh for the day and would throw me out of ketosis....
    Hm. I could see how that would be a problem. Okay well maybe I will make pudding cake things in the morning and bring those along instead of one of the restricted. That way I have something but I shouldn't go over my carb limit. Thank you so much!!!
  • This thread is now closed.
    Please place new posts on today's chat thread: IP Weekend Chat- June 24-26