Egg Sandwich
    Thomas - 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thin, 1 Bagel
    Natural Pepper Jack Cheese
    Egg Beaters - All Natural Egg Whites
    Jones Dairy Farm - Ham Slices 97% Fat Free

Yogurt Parfait
    Fresh Rasberries
    Chobani - Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • This morning I made Strawberries & Cream oatmeal - so good!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup vanilla almond milk (next time I might use half water and half almond milk, to cut the carbs)
    3/4 cup sliced strawberries

Bring the almond milk and strawberries to a slow boil over medium-low heat. Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it bubbles up a lot, just stir it down. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes.

I had it with an omelet made with 1 whole egg + 1/2 cup egg whites, some chopped veggies and 1/4 cup fat free feta. So good! You can just add a protein of your choice to round out the meal.

Just oatmeal:
    270 calories
    7g protein
    6g fat
    51g carbs (44g net carbs)

Oatmeal plus spinach & feta omelet:
    446 calories
    34g protein
    12g fat
    53 g carbs (46g net carbs)
  • Quote: I'm all for keeping it simple! I was a wee bit overwhelmed with all of the recipes people were posting as I'm usually strapped for time, and cooking isn't really my forte - nor is it something I really enjoy, so the prospect of spending my Sundays getting food ready for the week wasn't something I was looking forward to! Once I realized that I could easily meet the requirements for the P3 breakfasts with an egg & sausage/ham/bacon sandwich along with fruit and yogurt, I was set! Makes it very easy, plus it's not an overwhelming amount of food.

As far as for feeling different, I'm finding I'm not freezing all the time like I was, and I'm also feeling a little more tired in the late afternoon (which was more the way I felt pre-IP, vs. feeling wired all day).

Same here!! It's so nice to not be ravenous in the late morning, waiting for lunch!
    This is my first time posting a message, but I have been following all the amazing recipes, feedback, and success stories. I started phase 3 a few days ago, and I agree with Bubbleblower, I have also felt somewhat tired, especially in the afternoon. I also seem to feel full...I guess I got used to phase 1. I wonder if the grains or dairy may have something to do with it. Before IP I used to struggle with a poochy stomach. I really don't want to feel like that again. I know I have to do more core exercises...that will be my next obsession.

Unlike Bubbleblower and Wingnutandme, I seem to be hungrier in phase 3 than phase 1 or 2, especially in the afternoon.
  • My current weight in the tracker states 110.5 lbs, but it's actually 102.8 lbs. I'll have to update.
  • Quote:
    Unlike Bubbleblower and Wingnutandme, I seem to be hungrier in phase 3 than phase 1 or 2, especially in the afternoon.
    I've always done my snack in the mid- to late-afternoon, and I've continued on P3. I think that helps a lot with the afternoon hunger.

Okay so is this bad? ... All this talk about pizza on other threads got me playing around on the FP tracker and it looks like I could actually have a slice of pizza with ham on it along with a yogurt/fruit parfait and it would qualify as a P3 breakfast. (I doubt I'll be doing it, but I did find the possibility interesting!)
  • Quote: I've always done my snack in the mid- to late-afternoon, and I've continued on P3. I think that helps a lot with the afternoon hunger.

Okay so is this bad? ... All this talk about pizza on other threads got me playing around on the FP tracker and it looks like I could actually have a slice of pizza with ham on it along with a yogurt/fruit parfait and it would qualify as a P3 breakfast. (I doubt I'll be doing it, but I did find the possibility interesting!)
    LOL! I made a big batch of english muffin breakfast "pizza" for the freezer a couple of weeks ago! Thomas' whole grain english muffins, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, fat free mozzarella cheese and a leaf or two of fresh basil! Soooo good!
  • Quote: LOL! I made a big batch of english muffin breakfast "pizza" for the freezer a couple of weeks ago! Thomas' whole grain english muffins, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, fat free mozzarella cheese and a leaf or two of fresh basil! Soooo good!
    OK., so you made these and then froze them? That sounds like a great idea!

I'm starting on Saturday. I've put this off for a couple of weeks but it's time to move forward. Why is it so hard to change????? I've bought all my food already and I'm ready to go. Goodbye Ketosis! Hello Breakfast!
  • Quote: LOL! I made a big batch of english muffin breakfast "pizza" for the freezer a couple of weeks ago! Thomas' whole grain english muffins, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, fat free mozzarella cheese and a leaf or two of fresh basil! Soooo good!
    LOL! Great minds think alike, huh? Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking along these lines! Great idea to make them ahead and freeze them!

Quote:
    I'm starting on Saturday. I've put this off for a couple of weeks but it's time to move forward. Why is it so hard to change????? I've bought all my food already and I'm ready to go. Goodbye Ketosis! Hello Breakfast!
    I was the same way. I kept putting it off but finally decided it was time to dive right in and I really haven't looked out. It's kind of like jumping into a chilly pool. It's a bit of a shock to your system at first, but starts feeling normal very quickly. C'mon in ... the water's fine!!
  • I was nervous as well but just finished up my first week of P3 and I quite like it!
  • For the grain/fruit portion of breakfast, I have been enjoying hot cereal. I make a batch of quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth and store it in the fridge. I can get 5 or six days worth of breakfast from a batch (though if I make buckwheat my wife will eat it too, so I get less days of breakfast from that!)

1/2 cup quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth heated in microwave
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    an ounce or two of milk
    stevia or truvia sometimes, or a spoonful of WF Apricot spread mixed into the cereal
    1 serving of fruit - berries or sliced apple or pear

My protein intake has been pretty boring, and doesn't really even qualify as a breakfast "idea". I thought the grain/fruit combo might be worth posting though.
  • Quote: I was the same way. I kept putting it off but finally decided it was time to dive right in and I really haven't looked out. It's kind of like jumping into a chilly pool. It's a bit of a shock to your system at first, but starts feeling normal very quickly. C'mon in ... the water's fine!!
    Quote: I was nervous as well but just finished up my first week of P3 and I quite like it!
    Thanks for the encouragement, bubble and cheeky! I needed that and I need to jump into the pool. I'll do it Saturday. One more day... Looking forward to it.

Quote: My protein intake has been pretty boring, and doesn't really even qualify as a breakfast "idea". I thought the grain/fruit combo might be worth posting though.
    What's your boring protein?
  • Quote: Thanks for the encouragement, bubble and cheeky! I needed that and I need to jump into the pool. I'll do it Saturday. One more day... Looking forward to it.
    Welcome to the club! I think you'll like it!!
  • Quote: For the grain/fruit portion of breakfast, I have been enjoying hot cereal. I make a batch of quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth and store it in the fridge. I can get 5 or six days worth of breakfast from a batch (though if I make buckwheat my wife will eat it too, so I get less days of breakfast from that!)

sprinkle of cinnamon
    an ounce or two of milk
    stevia or truvia sometimes, or a spoonful of WF Apricot spread mixed into the cereal

My protein intake has been pretty boring, and doesn't really even qualify as a breakfast "idea". I thought the grain/fruit combo might be worth posting though.
    That sounds really good. I love steel cut oats and used to make big batches of it on the weekends and then just reheat single portions in the mornings during the work week. I'll have to try out your recipe when I get to phase 3.
  • Quote: For the grain/fruit portion of breakfast, I have been enjoying hot cereal. I make a batch of quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth and store it in the fridge. I can get 5 or six days worth of breakfast from a batch (though if I make buckwheat my wife will eat it too, so I get less days of breakfast from that!)

sprinkle of cinnamon
    an ounce or two of milk
    Quote: This morning I made Strawberries & Cream oatmeal - so good!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup vanilla almond milk (next time I might use half water and half almond milk, to cut the carbs)
    3/4 cup sliced strawberries

Bring the almond milk and strawberries to a slow boil over medium-low heat. Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it bubbles up a lot, just stir it down. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes.

I had it with an omelet made with 1 whole egg + 1/2 cup egg whites, some chopped veggies and 1/4 cup fat free feta. So good! You can just add a protein of your choice to round out the meal.

Just oatmeal:
    270 calories
    7g protein
    6g fat
    51g carbs (44g net carbs)

Oatmeal plus spinach & feta omelet:
    446 calories
    34g protein
    12g fat
    53 g carbs (46g net carbs)
    These both sound great! Thanks for the ideas!!
  • OK, I'm in!

Yesterday's breakfast: 1 IP Peach Mango drink
    Today's breakfast:
    1/2 c Chobani nonfat plain yogurt (it's so good and tastes so rich!!)
    1 c sliced strawberries
    1/4 c granola from Whole Foods (one with less fat than others)
    + 1 TBSPN of fresh ground (from Whole Foods) almond butter

I think that's within the guidelines.

Halfway through the yogurt mix I got full.

This is going to be fun!

Can we really eat bananas? Is it ok to have 1/2 banana instead of a whole banana?

I know I'll get the hang of this as I play around with the foods.

Thanks so much for all of your breakfast ideas!