OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Have not cheated yet today and am trying really hard not to give in. I am craving peanut butter something fierce!!!
    Isn't that weird! I never liked PB before this plan. Now, I crave it. I crave something I never liked even as a kid!

I do pretty well avoiding that craving by adding a little extra omega oil or olive oil.
  • thanks showgirlaz for the support. I did have a bit extra olive oil at lunch. I remember the first go round with IP that I was craving it then as well. I think it had been like 5-6 yrs that I went without peanut butter, never craved it never ate it. I have cheated some in the past with it when I was on IP the first time but I can really get myself into trouble with it. I could eat a whole jar in one sitting. YIKES!!!
  • Quote: I"m a couple hours from there, but I love Newport and the towns south of there (Walport and Yachats). That part of the coast is beautiful and once you are south of Newport, very un-touristy. Lots of amazing hiking and visit/tour the lighthouses. If you like fish, you will find PLENTY to eat on plan. Have a great trip!
    I am so seriously looking forward to this trip!! I have been to safaris, and far away places but for some reason this here road trip to a land that is only 300 miles away is really sexy to me!!!

I am going back to seattle tomorrow from Vancouver, then cleaning up the house, loving my kitten for a day and pack of course. Thursday morning we are heading down south...(I am not saying I am not looking forward to what I am going to type here BUT) have to visit his uncle in olympia then visit his grandma in Salem ( already been warned that salem visit will take min of 2 hours) then head to newport.

OH YES, I will so crack a bottle of real wine open once there! sip of the red wine followed by some nicotine and just relax.....
  • Quote: I am going back to seattle tomorrow from Vancouver, then cleaning up the house, loving my kitten for a day and pack of course. Thursday morning we are heading down south...
    OH YES, I will so crack a bottle of real wine open once there! sip of the red wine followed by some nicotine and just relax.....
    don't forget to jump on the scale!
  • Quote: don't forget to jump on the scale!

might head back tonight so I have time to do the scale hopping. What if I have gained???? I will be so upset...so upset...so upset that I might start drinking earlier than 8th
  • I'm pretty sure if I see another cup of veggies I'm going to throw them across the room.
  • Quote: I'm pretty sure if I see another cup of veggies I'm going to throw them across the room.
    I know you may have tried this, but have you made turnip chips? I just made some--hadn't had them before. Even my roommate who's not on the diet and eats fast food a billion times a week said they taste JUST LIKE FRENCH FRIES They are delicious

You probably shouldn't throw your veggies across the room. Not because they don't deserve it--they do--but because it would be no fun to clean up!!

Let me know if you want my turnip chip recipe
  • Quote: I know you may have tried this, but have you made turnip chips? I just made some--hadn't had them before. Even my roommate who's not on the diet and eats fast food a billion times a week said they taste JUST LIKE FRENCH FRIES They are delicious

You probably shouldn't throw your veggies across the room. Not because they don't deserve it--they do--but because it would be no fun to clean up!!

Let me know if you want my turnip chip recipe
    Lol...the voice of reason. I needed to hear that.

Please share the turnip chip recipe. I'm interested to try it! Thanks!
  • jlewis

ARGH!!! the popcorn did me in this weekend too!! dang popcorn. i wish i'd have read your post about not throwing you out of ketosis this weekend, i probably wouldn't have gorged myself on chips and salsa at dinner afterwards. i though-well hey, popcorn's throwing me out-whatever-i'll go all the way and them too. the one good thing is that i didn't give in and order a chicken fried steak or ribs like i thought i might. stuck with a sirloin, lettuce and broccoli with a boneyard of shredded carrots

ellie
    i want to go on a vacation now! just told hubby that it HAS to be in the works for a second honeymoon down to padre now. hopefully by labor day we'll be sitting in the sun on the beach drinking(me vodka water and him that NASTY bud light lime). hope you have a great trip!
  • Quote: Lol...the voice of reason. I needed to hear that.

Please share the turnip chip recipe. I'm interested to try it! Thanks!
    Cut turnip into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and place the turnip slices on there individually--don't pile them up!! coat them all with a thin layer of olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of sea salt--don't use too much though because you don't want to over do it.
    Bake them at 350 in for fifteen minutes, then in 5 minute intervals until the are all wrinkly!

You can add more sea salt when they're done if you want it!!
  • Quote: Cut turnip into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and place the turnip slices on there individually--don't pile them up!! coat them all with a thin layer of olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of sea salt--don't use too much though because you don't want to over do it.
    Bake them at 350 in for fifteen minutes, then in 5 minute intervals until the are all wrinkly!

Thank you!! I'll be trying this ASAP. I wish I would have read that before I went to the grocery store earlier this evening. Oh well- looks like a second trip is in order after work tomorrow.
  • I fell into a bag of dark chocolate chips tonight, and granola. I feel sick, and honestly, I think I can start fresh with a more positive outlook. I mean, my only "cheat" in the past 5 weeks has been 6 croutons.

I don't like binging, or the idea of it at all. I don't want to feel comfort from food, but I still knew what I was doing and I was doing it for comfort after a really bad day and stress. Now, as of this instant, I am back on plan. I kind of ate too much on purpose to prove a point to my body. Not sure if it was smart or not, but now the feeling is stuck in my head. And it isn't good.

I want to learn it isn't either/or. That is why I'm back on plan and ready for tomorrow.

I have turnips, maybe tomorrow I will have turnip fries! Right now I'm craving tea and bed
  • Quote: might head back tonight so I have time to do the scale hopping. What if I have gained???? I will be so upset...so upset...so upset that I might start drinking earlier than 8th
    OK.. WHAT if you gained??? Don't be too upset. You knew it was the unfortunate likelihood following these 2 visits/trips. You also know it will come off quite quickly.

Enjoy the smoke, relax with the kitty, relish the brief moment of calm at your place. Sounds like you have a whirlwind trip of new family ahead!

Quote: Cut turnip into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and place the turnip slices on there individually--don't pile them up!! coat them all with a thin layer of olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of sea salt--don't use too much though because you don't want to over do it.

YUMM! That would be a nice treat!

Quote: I fell into a bag of dark chocolate chips tonight, and granola. I feel sick, and honestly, I think I can start fresh with a more positive outlook. I mean, my only "cheat" in the past 5 weeks has been 6 croutons.

I don't like binging, or the idea of it at all. I don't want to feel comfort from food, but I still knew what I was doing and I was doing it for comfort after a really bad day and stress. Now, as of this instant, I am back on plan. I kind of ate too much on purpose to prove a point to my body. Not sure if it was smart or not, but now the feeling is stuck in my head. And it isn't good.

I want to learn it isn't either/or. That is why I'm back on plan and ready for tomorrow.

I have turnips, maybe tomorrow I will have turnip fries! Right now I'm craving tea and bed
    I hope you feel better. Sometimes a break from routine is exactly what we need to shake things up a bit.

Tea actually is what I am having. Today was not good for me at all. Stomach is a mess! Having tea now, if that makes for an improvement I may go for a walk.
  • 1 michealob light.
  • How can I be the perfect dieter last week, the weight falling off and then this week acting like someone who doesn't know the rules(frozen pizza and cookie dough for dinner-Really??)? Maybe it's the heat. Hoping I'll snap out of it and get back on track. I've been out of my Costco drink all week, and I really feel not following my normal routine has thrown me off.

I guess the biggest fear is not being able to get back under control and regaining weight.