Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Hey, I bought some of the Slenderwine and if you add some orange extract, a squeeze of fresh lime and serve it over ice it tastes like Sangria! and at least you are staying away from the sugar...anyway have a GREAT time at the coast, where are you headed, exactly?

I thought of doing the exact same thing with it! I sucked the air out of it and kept it in the fridge, thought it would be a great sangria for summer time great minds think alike.

Heading to Newport, really looking forward to it. Been looking at the restaurants down there and there is one called saffron something or other that I really want to try. Any suggestions? are you close to there? I am really hope the weather will be at least luke warm.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Heyya ladies

We had our menu tasting yesterday and O...M...G...first off I have never eaten so much in my entire life and I have never eaten such delicious food..I threw caution to the wind and had the attitude that I am getting married once and Im trying to enjoy every moment of the planning, so I probably should try what we were planning to serve..ohsweetjesus...

Im suffering today but Im back on track and I am hoping that this cheat may shock my system and make the plateau leave for good and let me start losing again.
I'm saving my first cheat for our wedding cake tasting. I figured if I was going to gorge myself on cake, it needed to be for a good reason. I can't have my guests eating crappy cake.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #108  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I used to take b vitamins, aspirin, and a large water before bed when I had a lot to drink! LOL.... I guess everyone has their trick!
haha, mine's a bottle of water and excedrine migraine-works like a charm everytime!

kimann

hope you enjoyed it! a wedding is a once in a lifetime thing and like soon2be said, you can't have your guests eating crappy food! what would they think of you then?

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Feeling fine today! I only had two daquiris last night so thinking the miserable feeling came from the food. I actually cleaned my mom's house from top to bottom and then went shopping today. So, since I had a sweaty swamp butt (as my trainer calls it) I am hoping I have a jump start on whatever damage I may have done last night.

Sassy...I am excited for you and am glad you are fully embracing this time in your life, weddings are such fun!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #110  

Height: 5'8"

@motiv8edmama

SWEATY SWAMP BUTT!!!!!!! i'm totally stealing this!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

It's good, huh!! We also call sports bras the "unboob". We have all kinds of goodies we use.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #112  

Not gonna go into details, but I wasn't exactly saintly, diet-wise, over the weekend... what's so great about IP is how easy it was to just jump back on the wagon today... no craving more of that birthday cake I had on Saturday... I love IP!!!..

hugs
Old 07-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Pitakitten:

I've eaten at Saffron, it's good. I can't remember if the menu is IP friendly because I'm sure I was stuffing myself with the least healthy thing on the menu (Pre IP, obviously)

You're actually getting lucky -- it's supposed to be really warm this coming week, 90's in PDX and 80's at the Coast....have fun!

JC
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Pitakitten:

I've eaten at Saffron, it's good. I can't remember if the menu is IP friendly because I'm sure I was stuffing myself with the least healthy thing on the menu (Pre IP, obviously)

You're actually getting lucky -- it's supposed to be really warm this coming week, 90's in PDX and 80's at the Coast....have fun!

JC
YAYS!! I looked at the menu they had online, and they were grilled things I could have; I figure every restaurant in northwest should have the staple of grill salmon
Old 07-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #115  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Heading to Newport, really looking forward to it. Been looking at the restaurants down there and there is one called saffron something or other that I really want to try. Any suggestions? are you close to there? I am really hope the weather will be at least luke warm.
I"m a couple hours from there, but I love Newport and the towns south of there (Walport and Yachats). That part of the coast is beautiful and once you are south of Newport, very un-touristy. Lots of amazing hiking and visit/tour the lighthouses. If you like fish, you will find PLENTY to eat on plan. Have a great trip!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

The 4th was going so well - I took my vegies and protein with me on the road trip - when everyone said lets go eat I asked for a place with salad. They picked Pizza Hut. So I had salad - with some cheese and sunflower seeds and didn't try to pull out the slivers of carrot. And a slice of pizza. Then later, that night, it was as if one cheat/slip/stumble/fall leads to another for me. I had popcorn. At least I used grape seed oil & got my salt in. Today, back on track. I just wish I'd not slip.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Took my son to a movie yesterday. The smell of his popcorn was a bit much for me. I ate half of his small popcorn but fortunately it didn't pull me out of ketosis. Did however make me feel sick to my stomach later in the evening. Think I will be avoiding that in the future.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Not gonna go into details, but I wasn't exactly saintly, diet-wise, over the weekend... what's so great about IP is how easy it was to just jump back on the wagon today... no craving more of that birthday cake I had on Saturday... I love IP!!!..

hugs

Well you're a very good girl then.
I had my birthday yesterday, so there's still cake left. Gonna be hard to ignore it.
Of course, I pigged out the total day! But interestingly, I didn't enjoy the food as much as I had been anticipating.
Corn on the cob was yummy, though. Sadly, the scale has noticed my day off.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #119  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySofa View Post
Well you're a very good girl then.
I had my birthday yesterday, so there's still cake left. Gonna be hard to ignore it.
Of course, I pigged out the total day! But interestingly, I didn't enjoy the food as much as I had been anticipating.
Corn on the cob was yummy, though. Sadly, the scale has noticed my day off.

No worries! Get back on the plan. TOSS the left over cake or give it away. And the scale will be kinder than you expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Took my son to a movie yesterday. The smell of his popcorn was a bit much for me. I ate half of his small popcorn but fortunately it didn't pull me out of ketosis. Did however make me feel sick to my stomach later in the evening. Think I will be avoiding that in the future.
POPCORN! ARRGH! That is such a downfall for me. I haven't even been tempted to give in to that. I love it so much, if I taste it, we're DONE! I will eat it all and go back for the free refill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
The 4th was going so well - I took my vegies and protein with me on the road trip - when everyone said lets go eat I asked for a place with salad. They picked Pizza Hut. So I had salad - with some cheese and sunflower seeds and didn't try to pull out the slivers of carrot. And a slice of pizza. Then later, that night, it was as if one cheat/slip/stumble/fall leads to another for me. I had popcorn. At least I used grape seed oil & got my salt in. Today, back on track. I just wish I'd not slip.
that does seem to be the way it goes for a few of us! Enjoy getting back on track!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #120  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Have not cheated yet today and am trying really hard not to give in. I am craving peanut butter something fierce!!!
Closed Thread