Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #121  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,094

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Have not cheated yet today and am trying really hard not to give in. I am craving peanut butter something fierce!!!
Isn't that weird! I never liked PB before this plan. Now, I crave it. I crave something I never liked even as a kid!

I do pretty well avoiding that craving by adding a little extra omega oil or olive oil.
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #122  
mepeterson
 
mepeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 345

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Default

thanks showgirlaz for the support. I did have a bit extra olive oil at lunch. I remember the first go round with IP that I was craving it then as well. I think it had been like 5-6 yrs that I went without peanut butter, never craved it never ate it. I have cheated some in the past with it when I was on IP the first time but I can really get myself into trouble with it. I could eat a whole jar in one sitting. YIKES!!!
mepeterson is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #123  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 801

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I"m a couple hours from there, but I love Newport and the towns south of there (Walport and Yachats). That part of the coast is beautiful and once you are south of Newport, very un-touristy. Lots of amazing hiking and visit/tour the lighthouses. If you like fish, you will find PLENTY to eat on plan. Have a great trip!
I am so seriously looking forward to this trip!! I have been to safaris, and far away places but for some reason this here road trip to a land that is only 300 miles away is really sexy to me!!!

I am going back to seattle tomorrow from Vancouver, then cleaning up the house, loving my kitten for a day and pack of course. Thursday morning we are heading down south...(I am not saying I am not looking forward to what I am going to type here BUT) have to visit his uncle in olympia then visit his grandma in Salem ( already been warned that salem visit will take min of 2 hours) then head to newport.

OH YES, I will so crack a bottle of real wine open once there! sip of the red wine followed by some nicotine and just relax.....
pitakitten is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #124  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,094

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I am going back to seattle tomorrow from Vancouver, then cleaning up the house, loving my kitten for a day and pack of course. Thursday morning we are heading down south...
OH YES, I will so crack a bottle of real wine open once there! sip of the red wine followed by some nicotine and just relax.....
don't forget to jump on the scale!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 07-06-2010 at 08:42 PM.
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #125  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 801

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
don't forget to jump on the scale!

might head back tonight so I have time to do the scale hopping. What if I have gained???? I will be so upset...so upset...so upset that I might start drinking earlier than 8th
pitakitten is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #126  
Senior Member
 
Soon 2 B MrsT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 221

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Default

I'm pretty sure if I see another cup of veggies I'm going to throw them across the room.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #127  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012
 
TaylorMayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Beebe, AR
Posts: 173

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I'm pretty sure if I see another cup of veggies I'm going to throw them across the room.
I know you may have tried this, but have you made turnip chips? I just made some--hadn't had them before. Even my roommate who's not on the diet and eats fast food a billion times a week said they taste JUST LIKE FRENCH FRIES They are delicious

You probably shouldn't throw your veggies across the room. Not because they don't deserve it--they do--but because it would be no fun to clean up!!

Let me know if you want my turnip chip recipe
TaylorMayde is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #128  
Senior Member
 
Soon 2 B MrsT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 221

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I know you may have tried this, but have you made turnip chips? I just made some--hadn't had them before. Even my roommate who's not on the diet and eats fast food a billion times a week said they taste JUST LIKE FRENCH FRIES They are delicious

You probably shouldn't throw your veggies across the room. Not because they don't deserve it--they do--but because it would be no fun to clean up!!

Let me know if you want my turnip chip recipe
Lol...the voice of reason. I needed to hear that.

Please share the turnip chip recipe. I'm interested to try it! Thanks!
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #129  
Senior Member
 
mamaerinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 694

Height: 5'8"

Default

jlewis

ARGH!!! the popcorn did me in this weekend too!! dang popcorn. i wish i'd have read your post about not throwing you out of ketosis this weekend, i probably wouldn't have gorged myself on chips and salsa at dinner afterwards. i though-well hey, popcorn's throwing me out-whatever-i'll go all the way and them too. the one good thing is that i didn't give in and order a chicken fried steak or ribs like i thought i might. stuck with a sirloin, lettuce and broccoli with a boneyard of shredded carrots

ellie
i want to go on a vacation now! just told hubby that it HAS to be in the works for a second honeymoon down to padre now. hopefully by labor day we'll be sitting in the sun on the beach drinking(me vodka water and him that NASTY bud light lime). hope you have a great trip!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-06-2010 at 09:47 PM.
mamaerinb is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #130  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012
 
TaylorMayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Beebe, AR
Posts: 173

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Lol...the voice of reason. I needed to hear that.

Please share the turnip chip recipe. I'm interested to try it! Thanks!
Cut turnip into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and place the turnip slices on there individually--don't pile them up!! coat them all with a thin layer of olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of sea salt--don't use too much though because you don't want to over do it.
Bake them at 350 in for fifteen minutes, then in 5 minute intervals until the are all wrinkly!

You can add more sea salt when they're done if you want it!!
TaylorMayde is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #131  
Senior Member
 
Soon 2 B MrsT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 221

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Cut turnip into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and place the turnip slices on there individually--don't pile them up!! coat them all with a thin layer of olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of sea salt--don't use too much though because you don't want to over do it.
Bake them at 350 in for fifteen minutes, then in 5 minute intervals until the are all wrinkly!

You can add more sea salt when they're done if you want it!!
Thank you!! I'll be trying this ASAP. I wish I would have read that before I went to the grocery store earlier this evening. Oh well- looks like a second trip is in order after work tomorrow.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #132  
Senior Member
 
xanthia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 250

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Default

I fell into a bag of dark chocolate chips tonight, and granola. I feel sick, and honestly, I think I can start fresh with a more positive outlook. I mean, my only "cheat" in the past 5 weeks has been 6 croutons.

I don't like binging, or the idea of it at all. I don't want to feel comfort from food, but I still knew what I was doing and I was doing it for comfort after a really bad day and stress. Now, as of this instant, I am back on plan. I kind of ate too much on purpose to prove a point to my body. Not sure if it was smart or not, but now the feeling is stuck in my head. And it isn't good.

I want to learn it isn't either/or. That is why I'm back on plan and ready for tomorrow.

I have turnips, maybe tomorrow I will have turnip fries! Right now I'm craving tea and bed
xanthia is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #133  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,094

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
might head back tonight so I have time to do the scale hopping. What if I have gained???? I will be so upset...so upset...so upset that I might start drinking earlier than 8th
OK.. WHAT if you gained??? Don't be too upset. You knew it was the unfortunate likelihood following these 2 visits/trips. You also know it will come off quite quickly.

Enjoy the smoke, relax with the kitty, relish the brief moment of calm at your place. Sounds like you have a whirlwind trip of new family ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Cut turnip into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and place the turnip slices on there individually--don't pile them up!! coat them all with a thin layer of olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of sea salt--don't use too much though because you don't want to over do it.
Bake them at 350 in for fifteen minutes, then in 5 minute intervals until the are all wrinkly!

You can add more sea salt when they're done if you want it!!
YUMM! That would be a nice treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I fell into a bag of dark chocolate chips tonight, and granola. I feel sick, and honestly, I think I can start fresh with a more positive outlook. I mean, my only "cheat" in the past 5 weeks has been 6 croutons.

I don't like binging, or the idea of it at all. I don't want to feel comfort from food, but I still knew what I was doing and I was doing it for comfort after a really bad day and stress. Now, as of this instant, I am back on plan. I kind of ate too much on purpose to prove a point to my body. Not sure if it was smart or not, but now the feeling is stuck in my head. And it isn't good.

I want to learn it isn't either/or. That is why I'm back on plan and ready for tomorrow.

I have turnips, maybe tomorrow I will have turnip fries! Right now I'm craving tea and bed
I hope you feel better. Sometimes a break from routine is exactly what we need to shake things up a bit.

Tea actually is what I am having. Today was not good for me at all. Stomach is a mess! Having tea now, if that makes for an improvement I may go for a walk.
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 AM   #134  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 801

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default

1 michealob light.
pitakitten is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #135  
Member
 
brocola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Default

How can I be the perfect dieter last week, the weight falling off and then this week acting like someone who doesn't know the rules(frozen pizza and cookie dough for dinner-Really??)? Maybe it's the heat. Hoping I'll snap out of it and get back on track. I've been out of my Costco drink all week, and I really feel not following my normal routine has thrown me off.

I guess the biggest fear is not being able to get back under control and regaining weight.
brocola is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.