Life After Phase 1

You're on Page 15 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: When you go back on Phase I for a day (after a "cheat day", for instance), do you go strictly back to protocol (using 3 IP packets, one regular meal) or do you just cut out carbs? I am wondering if I need to plan on buying a bunch of IP packets, or find some alternative, before I stop seeing my coach.

Dreaming on....
    It is not necessary to do anything other than cut out the carbs. So you can follow Phase 1/2 for that day, but substitute your own protein. On the other hand, it is okay to use IP (or other protein products) if that is easier for you. I have not used packets, though I still have some on hand. I DO use the premade drinks from New Lifestyle, which I keep stockpiled in my pantry. Sometimes it's just easier for me, since I don't eat meat, and a quick shake ensures that I'm getting adequate protein.
  • Thanks, Novak!
  • Quote: When you go back on Phase I for a day (after a "cheat day", for instance), do you go strictly back to protocol (using 3 IP packets, one regular meal) or do you just cut out carbs? I am wondering if I need to plan on buying a bunch of IP packets, or find some alternative, before I stop seeing my coach.

Dreaming on....
    I use my NOW whey protein isolate or Lindora packets. Dr. Tran also has some suggestions in his book if you don't have any packets. You can read the book at trantiendiet.com.
  • Well Ladies,

Vacation time is showing up! I will catch with you in 2 weeks from now. Managed to keep on phase 1 for a week without cheating, haven't lost as much as I wanted - now 140! Planning to eat phase 3 for the next 2 weeks, not bringing wine to the cottage so I will not worry about drinking some!

Will sure report when I come back - take care, keep the momentum going!
  • Quote: Well Ladies,

Vacation time is showing up! I will catch with you in 2 weeks from now. Managed to keep on phase 1 for a week without cheating, haven't lost as much as I wanted - now 140! Planning to eat phase 3 for the next 2 weeks, not bringing wine to the cottage so I will not worry about drinking some!

Will sure report when I come back - take care, keep the momentum going!
    Have a great time! wish I was going away to a cottage you have done great loosing 9 pounds in 2 weeks has it been or 3.

I am heading to phase 3 tomorrow although I keep going back and forth on it. I have my low sugar alpine muesli, low fat yogurt, blueberries all ready for my breakfast; just need to buy almond butter and low carb toast I guess. My plan is do it for sat,sun,monday and tuesday. I get weighed in at the Gym on tuesday evening so if I have gained then I can run around all worried and if I haven't then I can do the happy dance.
  • Quote: Have a great time! wish I was going away to a cottage you have done great loosing 9 pounds in 2 weeks has it been or 3.

I am heading to phase 3 tomorrow although I keep going back and forth on it. I have my low sugar alpine muesli, low fat yogurt, blueberries all ready for my breakfast; just need to buy almond butter and low carb toast I guess. My plan is do it for sat,sun,monday and tuesday. I get weighed in at the Gym on tuesday evening so if I have gained then I can run around all worried and if I haven't then I can do the happy dance.
    It is always a great pleasure to have this cottage lent to me by my aunt every year for a week! I followed phase 1 for two weeks and lost most of the weight in week 1, week 2 has been ups and downs (mentally also!)...

Enjoy your soon to be breakfast - they are worth every bite (in my mind at least)!!
  • Quote: Will sure report when I come back - take care, keep the momentum going!
    Have a great time!

Quote: I am heading to phase 3 tomorrow although I keep going back and forth on it. I have my low sugar alpine muesli, low fat yogurt, blueberries all ready for my breakfast; just need to buy almond butter and low carb toast I guess. My plan is do it for sat,sun,monday and tuesday. I get weighed in at the Gym on tuesday evening so if I have gained then I can run around all worried and if I haven't then I can do the happy dance.
    Don't waver... it's time. You are there.

FYI, I never did find the Arnold low carb bread, and I used peanut butter instead of almond butter. Otherwise, sounds like my work breakfast! Yum!

You shouldn't gain on Phase 3, except possibly the one-time 3 pounds, though that didn't happen to me. But even if you do, just keep going. Things will even out. Enjoy the big breakfasts, and don't let your insulin spike more than the one time a day. Soon you'll be gliding down the home stretch to maintenance.
  • I havent had any internet for a whole day................ but I am back, Novak I love love love your signature, it is so you!!!! I was suppost to get bloodwork today and I slept in as we have been having crazy storms, hence the no internet and no alarm clock. I have it on my phone so I tried sitting in the dark on my blackberry reading last night .... gave up after about 5 minutes. I tell ya I think I have subbed this forum for my food addictions, hee hee. Anyway gonna check out the other threads, hope to get my blood drawn tomorrow so we can figure out whats goin on....
  • Quote: Have a great time!

Don't waver... it's time. You are there.

FYI, I never did find the Arnold low carb bread, and I used peanut butter instead of almond butter. Otherwise, sounds like my work breakfast! Yum!

You shouldn't gain on Phase 3, except possibly the one-time 3 pounds, though that didn't happen to me. But even if you do, just keep going. Things will even out. Enjoy the big breakfasts, and don't let your insulin spike more than the one time a day. Soon you'll be gliding down the home stretch to maintenance.
    alright, I'll use peanut butter too, I already have a very good brand of it at home and for bread; I always buy this whole wheat bread and each slice has 17 grams of carbs. IF I am having the muesli then I wont be able to have it as it will push the grain carbs over 30.

so just to have it clear in my head:

1/3 cup of muesli + 1 cup of blueberries + 8 oz low fat yogurt should be enough.

I will also buy some canadian bacon for my Sunday so I'll have 2 eggs + 1 slice of canadian bacon (ham) + one piece of my toast (17carb) + butter on it + one portion of fruit.

I am worried about the water weight/glycogen coming back BUT I am really hoping that the working out will offset that and bottom line my clothes will fit the same regardless of + or - 3 pounds.
  • Quote: alright, I'll use peanut butter too, I already have a very good brand of it at home and for bread; I always buy this whole wheat bread and each slice has 17 grams of carbs. IF I am having the muesli then I wont be able to have it as it will push the grain carbs over 30.

so just to have it clear in my head:

1/3 cup of muesli + 1 cup of blueberries + 8 oz low fat yogurt should be enough.

I am worried about the water weight/glycogen coming back BUT I am really hoping that the working out will offset that and bottom line my clothes will fit the same regardless of + or - 3 pounds.
    You are forgetting the peanut butter and something to put it on. Have a half a piece of toast with that if you can't find a lower carb option.

I was worried about the glycogen weight, but either it didn't happen, or I managed to offset it with additional weight loss. And as others here have also reported, even without additional weight loss, our bodies have changed enough since to keep us in the smaller clothes... some are even looser than they were. So I doubt that clothing fit will be an issue.

Good luck!
  • Quote: You are forgetting the peanut butter and something to put it on. Have a half a piece of toast with that if you can't find a lower carb option.

I was worried about the glycogen weight, but either it didn't happen, or I managed to offset it with additional weight loss. And as others here have also reported, even without additional weight loss, our bodies have changed enough since to keep us in the smaller clothes... some are even looser than they were. So I doubt that clothing fit will be an issue.

Good luck!
    Cloths are still getting bigger.... even if weight is a little higher, but I have also been exercising in some form everyday so I am thinking that the small gain is from muscle? People are still commenting on how small I am getting but I am pretty much the same weight for the last 3 weeks ...
  • Quote: Cloths are still getting bigger.... even if weight is a little higher, but I have also been exercising in some form everyday so I am thinking that the small gain is from muscle? People are still commenting on how small I am getting but I am like I weigh the pretty much the same for the last 3 weeks
    Where have you Wannabeen, my friend?

Hey, when are you going post some pictures so we can see how smokin' hot you are now? (And how smokin' NOT you used to be... )
  • Quote: Where have you Wannabeen, my friend?

Hey, when are you going post some pictures so we can see how smokin' hot you are now? (And how smokin' NOT you used to be... )
    Baahhhhhaaa I BEEN around silly, so I asked about the resetting/resting process (phase1) apparently it can be done in as little as 3 weeks, the longer the rest the better but for some all they need is 3 weeks, I tend to think it will depend on the individual, past eating habits, carb addictions, yoyo dieting and so forth, basically how insulin resistant they are to begin with.

I will move back to phase 2 again on monday as I have been on 1 again since monday, then I am just gonna do 1 week of 2 and 3 again for 2 weeks this time no monkey business then the glorious 44444444444. I cant wait

Yes I will get some pics going, I need to change my avatar as well and I need a somethin ...not yoda but a somethin for my signature line.... I will try to come up with something.
  • Quote: Baahhhhhaaa I BEEN around silly, so I asked about the resetting/resting process (phase1) apparently it can be done in as little as 3 weeks, the longer the rest the better but for some all they need is 3 weeks, I tend to think it will depend on the individual, past eating habits, carb addictions, yoyo dieting and so forth, basically how insulin resistant they are to begin with.

I will move back to phase 2 again on monday as I have been on 1 again since monday, then I am just gonna do 1 week of 2 and 3 again for 2 weeks this time no monkey business then the glorious 44444444444. I cant wait

Yes I will get some pics going, I need to change my avatar as well and I need a somethin ...not yoda but a somethin for my signature line.... I will try to come up with something.
    Hey, thanks for doing the research! You rock!

Can't wait to see a photo or two. Maybe I'll update mine one of these days... maybe after I visit NH in August. I'm already planning recreations of classic old photos with my sis... now in our svelte new bodies!

Oh, and glad you like Yoda. Somehow I missed your earlier post...
  • Hey Yoda and wannabe, I'm kinda brainy sometimes too (yeah just sometimes ) And I'm doing a lot of research about this pancreas resetting and all. I'm seaching but I cannot find some scientifical references ! In all your research, do you have some paperwork on it ? I would be interrested to read it