Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #136  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Mynxie and good luck! I'm sure you'll love it here at 3fc. Its a very supportive group!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #137  

thanks huni
mynxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 245/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4

Well just so you all have hope I am 220lbs and just found out I expecting in May. So good luck to all.
crystal422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #139  

Congratulations
mynxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default Can I join?

I really want to have baby #2 but want to be healthy before I do...so I am trying to get down to 170 before I start. It is really hard when I see all my friends getting pregnant but I know that it will be worth it if I stick it out.

So here is too a healthy new me!!
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:55 AM   #141  

Hope!
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Hope you all don't mind me jumping in here! DH and I want to start to try concieving in June 08. We have 2 babies so far. I weighed 225 when I got pregnant with our first baby.... gained 20 pounds with that pregnancy. Got pregnant 4 months after having our first baby - my weight was 252. Gained only 10 pounds with that pregnancy. When we went in to the hospital to have baby #2, I weighed my highest ever...262. Day after she was born, I was 235. ANYWAY - both of our first babies were complete surprises! (apparently myself and DH are extremely fertile). So, for the 3rd one, we decided we both want to be good and healthy. I was really fortunate that I didn't have any pregnancy complications due to being obese with my first 2 pregnancies... (not even morning sickness - though I know that's not weight related!). But, I don't want to push my luck. SO.... here I am! I'm on WW and have lost 10 pounds on that in the past month alone! DH has lost 71 pounds since January. So, we're making a really big effort.

My reasoning for getting pregnant in June.... some may think it's silly.... Our firstborn was born in January.... second baby in February.... so, we're trying for a March baby. Yes, I know it's crazy but, that's us. And, I know that the chances of it happening are slim.... but we're gonna go for it!

My goal weight is 165. I want to be 165 by the end of March, first of April. That way I can try to maintain it for a good solid couple of months before we start TTC. If I lose more by June - even better. I wanted to be down enough in weight, that I wouldn't go back over 200 pounds while pregnant.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #143  

Hey ladies, I hope you are all doing well. I went to my yearly checkup with my hematologist/oncologist and was advised against getting pregnant for at least another year. I was really upset and still am. I've wanted to have kids for 5 years now, waited about 3 for DH to be ready, and now we've been waiting for 2 years since I got sick and was diagnosed. I feel great and am in remission, but the doc wants me to be in remission at least another year before I go off the medication while pregnant. We are considering adoption, as we think it might be best to be in remission for even longer before going off the medication and conceiving. I'm still trying to lose weight, though and I still want to be as healthy as possible. Good luck to you all

Last edited by modkittn; 10-23-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 401/387/215

Height: 5'5

Default i also know infertility

I know exactly how you feel. I have been trying IUI and retrieval only once when we tried in-vitro. My doctor new my weight, obviously she has eyes, but never made it an issue until now. I was upset that noone just didn't say "hey you, you need to lose all that fat around your ovaries" but i guess my insurance was too pretty to pass up. Now i am trying to lose weight, she said 10% but i have a feeling I will definetly need to lose more. if you ever get discouraged not just about weight but with infertility let me know, you can always ask for my email address.. I feel like my life is about shots and time clocks. Good luck i hope to hear from you or anyone else who knows how hard it can be.
susie
karda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 190/183/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hey ladies,
I'm glad I found this. My hubby and I want to start a family next year. We tried for a while this year, but it didn't happen for us. Now I want to take some time out to lose weight before I get pregnant. It will be motivation for me to take off the baby-weight, knowing I can do it.
I'm using Weight Watchers, and it's going very well. I hope to get to my goal within 6 to 9 months...then hopefully we will get pregnant!
I'm so happy for all of you who are loosing weight before, during and after pregnancy!
jenv747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #146  

I'm also losing weight to get pregnant...

I have a little girl (02/04/06), and we'd like to start TTC this upcoming summer. I gained 60 lbs during my first pregnancy and I just started working on getting it all off in early October. I'm currently using weight watchers and once the New Year is here I will be starting the p90 program from BeachBody.
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 199/188/120

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default Can I play with you?

Hi,

I would very much like to join this thread. I'm 34 and was married this past July. DH and I are hoping to begin ttc in the Fall - but a couple of things need to happen first.

We need to move and are hoping to have our own place, we currently rent a smallish one bedroom. Great for savings, but no place for a baby to live. Second little thing, I need to shed about 70 pounds. I'd like to get to 120 which is in the ideal range for my height, but I carry a fair amount of muscle so I'll be comfortable with that number being a bit higher as long as my body fat percentage is in an ok range to ttc.

I've begun working with a coach who puts together a weight training & nutrition profile for me and so far, so good.

-Jennifer

One last thing to add, my employer frowns upon forum posting during work hours, so I will only be able to post in the evenings.

Last edited by Chinchilla Fairy; 01-31-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Chinchilla Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 293.5/279.9/170

I want to try for Baby#3 later this year but would like to lose as much weight as possible before getting pregnant. Nice to have this supportive forum!
readytobefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #149  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

I'm really glad to see this thread active, again! I have been looking for a TTC thread, but couldn't find anything.

My husband and I are TTC, too. We just started last month. I have PCOS and my monthly cycle is way out of whack. It's so frustrating to not work properly. I am hoping to conceive in the next year like many of you, but I also have a substantial amount of weight to lose. Preferrably, I would like to be closer to my goal weight when/if I get pregnant. Plus the weight loss will probably help me to conceive, also.

Good luck to you all!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #150  

I'm so glad to see this thread. I'm trying to lose weight before we get pregnant with our second child. My son was born 10 weeks early last year due to some complications and I want to do everything in my control to see that my 2nd is not premature as well! Seems like a long road ahead to lose 50 lbs! I'm already frustrated! I started the healthly eating lifestlye change 2 weeks ago (i.e. more exercise, portion control, more veggies) and I seem to have gained weight - not exactly motivating...

How do I attach a ticker?
suzchester is offline   Reply With Quote