Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/176/150

Height: 5'9"

I did 50mg for 3 months. My dr wanted to up it to 100mg for another 3 months, but since I didn't O at all, he figured it would be a waste until we did some more tests, plus our insurance wouldn't cover Clomid. I have my ultrasound next week, so I don't know what, if anything they'll find. I haven't had an ultrasound done in almost 4 years... so it could be interesting. I know in the past, nothing was ever found... if they were paying attention at least. I'm still not convinced after doing some more reading that I do have PCOS though... or that the Glucophage will work. But I should have the lab work back in a little over a week and right around there, my dr should know the results of my ultrasound. I'll let you know what I find out on both. Everyone on my mother's side is hairy. I didn't have trouble with it until about 1, maybe 2 years ago. I do understand any frustration you have on all this though. I've been trying to find out what's wrong for over 7 years. All of the hormones that I had had checked were always normal until sometime between June 2005 and January 2006. In January, my prolactin was slightly elevated 18, and then in August 2006, my progesterone was 58... very high, but my prolactin was back down to normal. But when I went to a new doctor earlier this week, he said they weren't testing some of my hormones. He seems like a really good doctor, so hopefully he can get somewhere. Too bad he's leaving in a couple of months though. Hopefully whoever takes over his spot is as good as him.

You have done very well with the weight loss! Congrats! Here's hoping for a big O this month!! I just started charting again. It had always been worthless. I charted for about 2 years then through the Clomid, and then for about 6 months after that, about 3 years total... never once Oing... so I quit. I'm surprised I'm doing so good getting back in the swing of it.

Wow... look at me going on and on. You wanted my life story, right? lol
SBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:49 AM   #62  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, SBrown! Don't worry about the long posts. I'm guilty of the same crime! Apparently the weight hasn't affected my self esteem too much, as sometimes I post like everyone wants to hear every little detail about me me me!

I can identify so strongly with your feelings regarding PCOS and the frustration of not ovulating. I only ovulated once during fertility treatment despite taking 100mg of Clomid, mixing Clomid with injectables or going to injectables only. I know it is hard to see negative pregnancy tests every month but I think it's even harder to find yourself unable to ovulate, because you know you never even have a chance. This is truly the hardest thing I have ever faced (even harder than weight issues) and I'm sorry to hear it has affected you. Have you thought about moving to more aggressive fertility drugs?

Regarding PCOS - all my blood work has been perfect and I've had many sonograms and have only had cysts after a Clomid cycle, so it looks like I don't have it. I have a few friends who started taking Metformin for PCOS and started dropping weight so quickly and ovulating regularly, and it just made me wish my issues could be treated as well.

See, there I go again with the long post!
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #63  
Goodbye Fat!

Just checking in today. Thanks for the words of encouragement sept15lija. I guess I was just having a rough few days, my plan is to be back on track starting today. I have continued to exercise though so that is a plus.

Welcome SBrown, don't worry about long posts, we all get a little winded sometimes. DH and I have only been TTC for three months really. We were finally at a time in our lives were we thought it would be right. We both changed careers to slow down and moved to a smaller city and bought a house. We are just hoping for some good news on day. Actually TOM is suppose to start anyday now so just playing the waiting game. What a great Christmas present it would be if I were actually pregnant, but I am not getting my hopes up. If AF doesn't come in the next three I will take a test...we'll see!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Sbrown - You talk as much as you want girlie! It seems like we're all a little long-winded! Hey that's OK the more we can share the better, right?? Let us know the results of your ultrasound - I hope the new doc is as good as the old one...sucks when you find one you really like and then they leave.

peaceful - Have you asked your doc about Metformin? My doc says I don't have PCOS but he still mentioned putting me on it to make my cycles more regular and also to help me lose weight. I think you can go on it even if you don't have PCOS...but I don't have all the info. I just know my doc said we could try metformin and clomid - although I chose just to do clomid. Not ovulating is a major struggle. I guess I can feel lucky that I can ovulate on clomid - although that hasn't gotten me pregnant either.

dollypie - Glad you're back on track. Good luck with testing - let us know what happens!

Liz
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 206/176/150

Peaceful - I'm sorry to hear about all your O problems. Are you on a break now w/ TTC? Wherever you are, I wish you the best of luck w/ TTC & your weight loss.

Dollypie - I wish you the best of luck that the nasty AF will stay away & you'll get a BFP for the holidays. What is TOM?

sept15lija - How are you doing today? Good I hope. I really hope the new dr is good also.

Well, I'm off for awhile. I'm still feeling so horrible. I hope this stops soon. I'm going to be so irritated if I go through all of this and still don't even get a visit from AF.

Thank you to all of you for such a warm welcoming here.
SBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #66  
Goodbye Fat!

TOM translates to "time of the month"
Old 12-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #67  

SBrown - Hope the AF fairy visits you! And of course hope you're feeling better.

How is everyone?

I had a temp increase today, so maybe I O'd...we'll see. I've been feeling pretty crappy though so it could be a bit of a fever too. Time'll tell!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #68  
Goodbye Fat!

So took a test yesterday and it came up negative....just one more month to get into shape.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:18 AM   #69  

Default Though Id join In

Ive been taking a break from the whole dieting thing cause of the hollidays but after Christmas I want to get a whole lot healthier. Dh and I have agreed to start trying for a baby in June so I hope to be at my goal weight by then. Ive been trying to lose weight on and off for 2 years. Its crazy if I would have stuck to it I could have done it in about 4 months. But hopefully I can get healthier and not look like a marshmellow this next pregnancy.
SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

That's right dollypie!!!

Does anyone else go back & forth on the issue in their head? I want a baby so bad it hurts sometimes - most of dreams even involve me being a mother. But then sometimes (usually when I see a weight drop or I'm working out) I think about how hard it will be to see my body expand.

Anyway, I just finished another period - wasn't a chance of conceiving this cycle with dh in Costa Rica for work. Maybe we'll be able to start the new year off with a bang!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #71  
Goodbye Fat!

Lifeguard, I get those feelings as well all the time. I want a baby so bad and I think about it all the time. When it happens I want to have a healthy pregnancy and to prevent alot of "unnecessary excess weight gain", as my doctor call it, plan to continue to exercise. I biggest concern it how much exercise would be too much exercise and at what intensity to work out at? Anyway I don't need to worry about that right now. Maybe we will start the New Year with a bang!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #72  

When I do get pregnant I fully intend to work out at my same pace right through - I think that is a huge part of a quick recovery.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #73  

Hey ladies!

Sarah - Welcome!! Sounds like you have a great plan in place.

Lifeguard - I totally understand...my sister was saying the other day that the only reason I want to lose weight is to have a baby (whatever!!) and I surprised her by telling her that sometimes I think about how I will gain weight after getting pregnant and i really don't want to! But on the other hand, i want a baby so bad and I will definitely deal with it at the time. I am planning on continuing to work out too the same as I do now. The only thing is, what about my calories? Would they need to be increased? I guess so - have to get a professional opinion when the time comes maybe. Love your new avatar pic by the way!

dollypie - Sorry about the BFN. You're right though, another month to lose now. I am 8DPO right now, so I'm telling myself if AF comes that I will be able to maybe get to 210 before the end of next cycle. The more weight off the better, right? And you are so close to goal - maybe you'll get to goal and then get your BFP!

Anyhow just sort of going crazy here waiting for AF or a test date...still have at least another 6 days or so. Hope everybody has very Happy Holidays - I'll check back in before then though.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #74  

And I know the weight gain thing is a concern for most women regardless of their start weight - but I do find the idea of losing again daunting! And whenever I hear of someone gaining 70lbs for a pregnancy it scares the *&^# out of me! But like Liz says - deal with it when you come to it.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:09 PM   #75  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 283.5/278.5/215

Height: 6'3"

I too am with you!!! I want to get pregnant, with #3, but I REALLY want to get the weight off. I am afraid that if I get pregnant, the weight loss will be forgotten. Are there people that get pregnant and continue on their weight loss journey???
baglynn is offline   Reply With Quote