Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Jen- I'm not a lactation consultant, but if your little guy seems satisfied after exclusive bf'ing for 3 months, your supply is probably just fine. My guy always gets restless, still.
You could throw in a pump or two to help your supply or get some extra to freeze. They recommend pumping in the morning right after the first morning feed to get the most. I pump at night right after the last feed before his bedtime, since this is easiest for me. Or both (but that is tiring). I wouldn't worry about supply as long as baby is exclusively feeding. He will keep up your supply naturally. He will feed more often if your supply starts to drop. You can't really tell by your boobs being full, because they really start to regulate after a few months. I rarely get engorged anymore. Although I have heard other women say they do. Sounds like you are doing just fine!
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:48 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

ok thanks Kifli, i just worry that I am going to starve him, If my breasts are not engorged with milk.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #108  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
ok thanks Kifli, i just worry that I am going to starve him, If my breasts are not engorged with milk.
I totally understand where you're coming from. I think I was often engorged with DD until she was about 3/4ish months old, and then my supply regulated. It's really awesome when that happens. Life gets way more comfortable
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #109  

well, i think it is true about barley and oat meal because my supply feels better when I eat those things. I am eating them everyday now.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #110  

July 9 - 144
July 16 - 140.5
July 23 - 140.5
July 29 - 139
Aug 5 - 138
Aug 12 - 136.5

Weigh-in Day today:
Down 1.5 pounds. Was hoping for 2.

(Seems like I'm fighting to lose every ounce).

JenDiet: I hear you about the barley and oatmeal. I eat oatmeal regularly too.
I also had a good chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe. I miss those cookies!
But right now 'thin' is more satisfying =0)

Last edited by kifli; 08-12-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #111  

well, the weight is coming off, and more importantly the inches. So I am going to keep doing IF until I feel the need for something else.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #112  

Currently bored with my own picture and weight loss ticker. You may see it changing. Thought I would put up a real picture of Kifli. I still love kifli! (a Hungarian bread). =0)

Jendiet: what is IF?
Update: Ok, so I just read on another post that it's Intermittent Fasting. I have a hard time going without food, but I'm curious! =0)

Last edited by kifli; 08-13-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #113  

mmm, that kifli looks good. It would probably give you tremendous results since you are losing that last 5 lbs girl. The reward at the end of the fast, is you can eat what you want. you usually still have a calorie deficit by the end of it.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #114  

JenDiet: Tell Me More!!! Trying to lose these last pounds is dreadful.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #115  

ok, kifli, here it is. Intermittent fasting is where you do not eat except for certain hours during the day, I chose a 7 hour window. One of the proponents of IF says you can have something with <50 calories in it and it will not break the fast. I have a cup of tea with honey and milk...I drink this maybe twice during my fast. When you break the fast, be carefuly, you will be hungry. I usually reach for protein and veggies, so I don't blow my calories. If I want carbs, I eat carbs then. Stay balanced, eat protein, veggies and complex carbs mostly. You can have a little bit of icecream or kifli if you want-but don't go overboard. Once your window ends, stop eating. no more food, except your less than 50 calorie thing. Also, I recommend no food--maybe tea or coffee during your fast, so your body can rest from digesting and focus on repairing.

The first couple of days you may be ravenous, but then you will get used to it. I think fasting is promoting greater fat loss for me. My weight loss is slow but it takes alot more fat to equal the size of 1 lb of muscle. Studies show that IF preserves lean muscle mass so that is why I like it.

Experts say to not go any longer than 17 hours of fasting for women. My window is late. 5pm to 12 am. But that is because of my schedule with the baby. Most people do better with breaking their fast at night.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #116  

Thanks, Jen. Gonna do it tomorrow, starting tonight. The only problem is, I am soo hungry already!

I was such a stick in high school (younger, faster metabolism), 98 pounds. My diet was no breakfast, then a huge plate of fries at lunch in the school cafeteria (literally a whole plate), then a snickers bar until dinner at home. Nothing after that. Although not healthy by any means, I was really doing an IF!

Last edited by kifli; 08-13-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #117  
hot mama!

That IF stuff sounds really interesting. Obiovusly, I can't do anything like that unitl my milk supply is regulated. I read the IF support thread on here a few days ago... my interest is piqued, for sure.

I just wonder if I'd be really grumpy for my students in the morning until I had food. haha.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #118  

Tanna, it really depends. I feel grumpy until i have a little tea. For you, i might try starting it on the weekend. That will give you 2 days to get used to it.

Tanna, once your milk comes in, if you have some fluff, your body is incredible at adapting it to your diet. If you are on the skinny side, i wouldn't recommend it. I don't notice a difference when I IF either way. I had more trouble in the beginning of bfing with my milk. But he's 3 months now, so I'm regulated.

3 more days til your beautiful daughter is here! so exciting!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #119  
hot mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Tanna, it really depends. I feel grumpy until i have a little tea. For you, i might try starting it on the weekend. That will give you 2 days to get used to it.

Tanna, once your milk comes in, if you have some fluff, your body is incredible at adapting it to your diet. If you are on the skinny side, i wouldn't recommend it. I don't notice a difference when I IF either way. I had more trouble in the beginning of bfing with my milk. But he's 3 months now, so I'm regulated.

3 more days til your beautiful daughter is here! so exciting!!!
Totally love how I spelled "obviously"...I was having early morning typing problems. haha.

I'll probably have 20-30 pounds of fluff to rid myself of once this LO is born. I might look into IF after a little while- I'm assuming you meant that your body did not have problems adapting milk production to your diet. Did I read that right?

Anyhow... I'll probably have some questions about it. I'm not sure if it'll work for me. But I am interested.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #120  

tanna, i am so excited for you! For now concentrate on taking care of yourself and eating nutritiously. When I got home from having my c-section. I wanted lots of ice cream. That didn't look too good on me. How I lost weight is beyond me. I think I would have lost more and more quickly if I hadn't indulged so much.

Enjoy your baby girl, and take care of yourself!