PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 03:50 PM   #91  
Rattie Lover

Hi Girls..

Not much to post. No Cat..he's been gone since Saturday. Kid leaves Friday for the grandparental summer vacation trips, and I'm trying to close up my last auctions so I can run away for a bit too. Going to see my best friends for a bit and lend them a hand with moving and yard sales and play with my nephews. I gotta do something before I really break down. Depression bites me in the butt in times like these. Blah!! Somehow being around the people that have always loved me unconditionally squeezes the life out of the depression. For a bit anyhow...

Have a good day.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #92  
Swimming Mouse

Okay... I am probably being really selfish here since Angel is missing her kitty,but I just need somewhere to vent!

I always go to work, even when I'm sick. Even though, as you all know, the meds have been making me sick for the last 3 weeks or so... Its been difficult to damn near impossible to keep food down. I actually got sick at school on Wednesday! It was awful... I tried to stay, but my supervisor sent me home because I just looked bad.

Today I went in because I had a lot of meetings. The school district that I had the meetings with messed up one of them: told us 11:00, the parent 1 pm. Normally, I'd roll with this one... but I'd had a meeting at 9 a.m., and then one at 11 (the messed up one) and one at 12:10. Between the 11 a.m. meeting andthe 12:10 meeting, I hadplans to call my endocrinologist. I finally saw my primary care doc, and basically she can't do anything because she's getting married and moving to Seattle!!!
(Great time to give me the news, if I hadn't gone in, I would've just gotten a letter in the mail... and the University that runs the practice hasn't hired anybody to replace her yet!) So, I'm trying to follow up with the endo. But because the other school district messed up, and we rescheduled, I lost my 15 minutes between the 11:00 and 12:00 meetings: I had to reschedule the 12:00 to 11:55 so that I could make the rescheduled 1:00 meeting.
So I called her office on my way to physical therapy for my ankle (which hurt like anything today, probably stress, but I certainly did a lot of walking as well!)... and she had left early. So her nurse asked me when I'd be home and siad she'd try to call me tonight (she's done it before). I got home from PT and the gym (swimming is the only thing that has kept me going: after swimming hard for 1-2 hours, I can usually eat SOMETHING solid and keep it down... mostly rice, sushi, cucumber, plain steamed shrimp, etc). The endocrinologist's office called me back and gave me instructions: stop taking the meds that are making me sick (did that already... 4 days ago, but she didn't know that), try some gatorade and take it easy. I can't take off tomorrow, tonight is the prom and my assistant went... she'll be up really late tonight, and was by herself all day, its just not fair to leave her alone.
I don't know how I'm going to call tomorrow during the day, I have no private place to make the call in the school.
I'm also having pain on my right side again... its been bad enough to draw my attention today... it started during one of the meetings... and is likely nothing more than stress, since I've noticed that happens with it sometimes. Its always there, but more painful if I'm stressed, probably because of the increased hormones and I can't ignore it as well when stressed.
I'm supposed to go to a convention this weekend, but I don't feel well enough to go,which means I won't get to see a lot of my friends again till November. :sigh:
I should stay home tomorrow, maybe just go swimming (since that does make me feel better)... but I can't see how I can do that. I just can't.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:32 PM   #93  
Rattie Lover

Default Noodles Is Running Away...Just For A Bit...

Hey all...

I have alot going on right now and I am at my wits end and in need of a major break. I am going out of town for a while to re-gather my self and get some much needed R & R. I will pop in when I can but I won't be able to as much as when I am home.

Thanks sooooooooooo much!! I shall return!! Probably in 10 days or so. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:04 AM   #94  
on my way down!

Hi everyone!!

Noodles...have a good break

Anonymouse...hope you feel better soon!! ((hugs))
Old 05-30-2004, 12:55 PM   #95  
Swimming Mouse

Thanks, Tory. Today is the first day in a long while that I've felt almost good. I have more energy today than I had all last week. I think, in part, because I actually ate yesterday and kept most of it down. I did breakfast today without too many issues too.

I still missed the convention I was supposed to go to... it is actually not over until tomorrow, but a today/tomorrow pass costs the same as a 4 day pass,and I'm not going to pay $45 for 2 days! I'm hoping to hook up with some friends instead.

I did finally reach the endocrinologist (who, if I haven't said it before, is a really wonderful person). She called me Saturday afternoon with the results of the blood-tests, and fortunately there was nothing in the tests that would indicate the reason I've been sick. I was afraid that my insulin level had gone up again or something. In fact, it hasn't, its come down again. But they sure took enough blood from me on Friday... I came home and slept for the rest of Friday, went swimming Saturday (couldn't do my normal routine, only did half of it),came back and slept again.
Today, though, was much better... A friend who teaches swimming at the gym has been working with me since I came back from being out with my ankle, and set a goal with me of 1/2 a mile (36 lengths of the pool) by July 1. I did 1/2 mile today! I'm really happy about that. I'm going to work at it so I'm a little bit faster... it took me just under 40 minutes to do it. I'm not displeased with that time since I can only kick with one leg, and according to my tracking software, 'vigorous effort' is 25 M per minute or .996 yards.
My math isn't so great, but I *think* what I did qualifies as vigorous!

Old 05-31-2004, 12:01 AM   #96  
WW Moderator

I'll be having surgery on my ovaries on Wednesday, June 2nd. I told Noodles I'd be around while she was out, but I might not be on so much! I have a simple cyst and a complex cyst on my left ovary. Supposedly nothing on the right, but something may be popping up there now because I feel it. I don't know if they will take the ovaries or not. Just something to wait and decide when she looks around.

Anonymouse, I hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #97  
Happy Heathen

Default Wow

I almost feel guilty posting this since everyone is having such a bad week

Jennifer - good luck with your sugery; I hope everything works out for you.

Anonymouse - I hope you feel better, and that you get to see your friends Glad to hear the good news from the doc's office.

Noodles - You'll be gone and back by the time you read this, but have a great vacation

Well, I'm having a great week! I know, increadibly selfish, I'm sorry, I just don't have anyone else to tell. My body fat percentage is finally out of the 40s, I have lost 15 pounds of fat, 1 pound of water and gained 6 pounds of muscle for a total loss of 10 pounds and 12 inches overall!! My acne has cleared up and the yucky hair on my face has diminished drastically - and I think I felt mittleschmirtz this morning!!!!!! It has been YEARS since I ovulated, and I think it just happened! I never thought I would look forward to a period, but I think this one might actually be normal! I still have a long way to go, 51 pounds and 17 percent body fat, but my insulin levels feel normal, I'm not constantly hungry and weak, and I'm actually feeling feminine for the first time in a long time. I am so thrilled I can't even put it into words.

Again, I know it's terribly selfish to go on like this with everyone else having such a bad run of things, but I just don't know who else to tell. I told hubby, but he's not too impressed - man thing I guess - and if I told my mom she would just want to know how much more I need to lose and remind me how hard it's going to be and I don't need that right now. I'm so glad I found this group!

-Vanessa
Old 05-31-2004, 10:53 AM   #98  
WW Moderator

Vanessa, you're not being selfish at all!!!! That is wonderful news! That really does make me feel better to read that you are doing well. Misery doesn't love company in my case. I hope things keep looking up for you. Keep up the great work!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #99  

Jennifer,

Remember me? We have not talked in a while but I am praying for you and hope your surgery goes okay. Are they just doing a "lap". I had one and they are so much easier to recover from. Two days later you feel pretty good, but the most important thing you will probally feel better getting those cysts out. I have been on Yasmin since last September trying to control them but I feel pain and pressure starting up again. I will have to talk to the doc at my yearly. I might just mention a hysterectomy. Well enough about me, good luck and I will be thinking of you. Julie.... let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:56 PM   #100  
WW Moderator

Hi Julie, nice to hear from you again! Thanks for the prayers. I am counting on them to keep me nice and calm until I get knocked out! I'm not having lap surgery. Well, partial lap possibly - I had a full tummy tuck a few years ago and my umbilicus was relocated. There is the slight possibility that my intestines aren't in the standard position, so she is making an open incision first and will look with the camera while she tries to continue with lap. Hopefully it works. And hopefully they won't come back! I don't want another surgery. This will be my 4th (first for ovaries) and that's more than enough!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:23 PM   #101  
Swimming Mouse

Vanessa: Congratulations! I'm so glad that this is working for you! But I know what you mean about family... I filter everything I say weight-wise through my mother. My grandmother is of the old school, and my mom *still* tells the story of how she was allowed to eat nothing but hard-boiled eggs and forced to wear a girdle when she was a teen! And,frankly, one reason I was so able to believe all the physicians who told me to join weight watchers or go on a diet was because of my grandmother...

Jennifer: Hope your surgery goes well. I actually have a question, if you don't mind, about the other procedure you've mentioned. I've had such issues tolerating the medications for the endocrine issues (glucophage and the spirolactone) that they're considering a very similar type of surgery... They're going to remove the lower hanging-off part that doesn't go away and was caused by the endocrine imbalance... a pannulectomy (if I spelled it right), but many of the surgeon's offices I talked to referred to it as a 'tummy tuck', and it was hard finding one who would do it under insurance. I finally convinced a surgeon to do it (we're waiting for approval), by telling her that getting carved like a thanksgiving turkey would not make me look better in a bikini! :blush: Anyway, I'm interested in finding out about recovery time and such... I'm nervous about taking time off of work, and not having any family where I am. My mom is going to come down, but I'm still nervous. I have friends who said they'll support me. And I'd feel a heck of lot better if my endocrinologist could be involved (since she's a surgeon as well), but I can't have it done in Virginia. Friends down there said I could stay with them, but I'm not going to impose on them for 6 weeks. I already know I'm a cranky little witch when I don't feel well. Do you mind answering my questions?

Old 06-01-2004, 10:18 PM   #102  
WW Moderator

Hi Anonymouse, I'm going to answer your question in the June thread, ok? I'll close this one up so we don't get confused!
Closed Thread