PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #61  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, if anyone wants an update. I spoke with the friend who had that laser issue. Well she went to another place, who told her the reason that the hair growth got worse was most likely the laser place she went to weren't using it correctly because it CAN stimulate growth.

So she's gone back and has started doing laser again and her hair growth is so much better. She's happy with the results and recommended a place to me.

I know, I'm shocked.

So I guess bottom line is you have to find a reputable place.

I'm still doing electrolysis, and it's slowly getting better, but I'm curious to get laser done somewhere else.... I know, I'm crazy!

Last edited by beerab; 06-16-2013 at 10:50 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I do not have PCOS, but I have type II diabetes caused by insulin resistance. Since my diagnosis, I have noticed the facial hair, but it's not really as bad as some have mentioned here. It's strange, but all my life my legs were really hairy, especially my thighs, to the point that I rarely wore short shorts or a bathing suit. I used a epilator a few years ago and hardly any hair came back. I tried it on my chin but that was NOT a good idea. It hurt like heck and really tore up my skin. So I pluck my cheeks, chin and neck, but it is nowhere near as bad as some here have mentioned. My heart goes out to you, and I hope they come up with a solution to this.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #63  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I have been using Nair on my legs, and the hairs have gotten finer and less on them. Personally, I adore it because shaving every day was killing my legs. I have very sensitive and dry skin so I was itching like crazy all the time.

For my chin, chest, lips, and belly, I tend to vary between plucking and shaving. If I shave, it's back in a day or two. If I pluck, it comes in slower and is not so noticeable.

I tried using a facial Nair cream a couple of weeks ago, and broke out bad from it! I had acne like you wouldn't believe on my chin and lips! It is just now finally starting to heal up. Will never do that again....

Last edited by NemesisClaws; 06-17-2013 at 08:21 AM.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote