PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 260/257/180

Height: 6'0

I hate, hate my crazy hairs that sprout up on my face/neck. I pluck and pluck and pluck Someday it would be nice to be able to afford laser treatments. Meh, I'm sure menopause won't make this worse at all..
trabo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #32  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizarddau View Post
yeah i am afraid so...i have worked all of my working life (i no longer work at all) in aged care..there are some elderly ladies out there that would give my husband who has a full beard a run for his money...poor things...i would routinely shave them when we were showering...hopefully making them feel better...i soo hope that when it comes to my turn to be old and frail and looked after that some one does that for me too!!...cheers liz
lizarddau, i hope caregivers think like you. my g-ma had it bad and seldom did they shave her. she might have liked that but her memory was gone so we wouldn't know.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #33  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trabo2009 View Post
I hate, hate my crazy hairs that sprout up on my face/neck. I pluck and pluck and pluck Someday it would be nice to be able to afford laser treatments. Meh, I'm sure menopause won't make this worse at all..
Yeah trabo2009, i agree with menopause. possibilities.
I even have callouses on my fingers from years of tweaziing.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #34  

avalonmoon- hey hun yeah well all i can say is that there are some people in the aged care industry (i hate calling it that because for me it is not a business)..are sadly there to make a buck and caring is second to that...me personally i was there to care...what little money i earn't was just icing on the cake..it is a very rewarding thing to do and i loved it..i sooo miss the oldies (that is said with every affection and no disrespect) but i cannot work with this bad back and that is that!!..so i turn my attentions to other things like digital scrapbooking designing...and oh about the tweezer thing..i tried that and found it to be frustrating...so i just get the razer out and go for it..i occasionally get my eyebrows waxed but nah tis only the bleaching and razor
for me!!..i have heaps of hair on my tummy but that does not worry me cause it does not see light of day!!..lol..lol..lol...cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

I am very hairy.

If left untouched, my upper lip has a moustache like a young man, chin has a couple dozen black prickly hairs, sideburns are darkly peach fuzzed. Below my navel down to the pubic is hairy, and even my buttocks. Arms and legs are "normal" amounts for a brunette.

I shave, Nair or wax the belly/butt (eventually will seek laser treatment.) I tweeze my upper lip and chin. Shaving my face is not an option for me, as I am uninterested in a method that requires maintenance every 12 hours. At least with plucking, on any given day, only a handful of hairs are really visible.

I will find an electrologist when I'm working full time again, and can afford it. For now, 10 minutes a day with my tweezers works for my face, and once every couple of weeks to clean up the rest.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #36  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

I wax what I can (i.e. where I can stand the pain) and shave most other things. I had laser treatment on my lip a few years back which greatly reduced the hairs there, but there is a small amount of fluff there that gets shaved off on special occasions. I wax /tweeze my chin religiously because my hair is black and you can see everything, no free pass for me.

I'm hoping as the weight goes the hair will a little too. Til then it's back to commandeering the kitchen two nights a week to microwave the wax without my bf seeing
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/191

Height: 5'6"

I suggest looking into a medication called Sprionolact. My doctor prescribed it for me in March and it, along with exercise and maintaining my weight has seemed to help with the excessive hair on my face.
1049jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #38  

I've been using an R.e.m spring that I bought off amazon. It took a little bit to figure out how to work it, but it works really good. I especially like to use it on my chin. It hurts more on the upper lip, but it's manageable. It beats getting waxed because that irritates my skin. It also works on the coarse hairs, but sometimes I have to roll over them a couple times.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

I hate my chin hair. Ugh and the feeling I get if I forget to shave it or pluck it that morning.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #40  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I don't have too much hair, just peachfuzz, guess that's good but my eyebrows r so thin. Ha ha I tried rogain on them, but am still having to darken them. I have a threading tool called the helix. It is simple and removes all my peachfuzz, which I don't like cause it affects how my powder looks when I wear it. I can do my little mustache hairs, which hubby says r not visible, my sideburns and cheeks. I cant do eyebrows cause I need to stretch them as I do them, but use both hands for the tool. I used to have a waxing kit. Funny when ever I warmed it up and took the supply's out, it was so time consuming that who ever was at my house got something waxed even the guys. They knew to stay out of sight. Too bad someone turned it upside down and the wax leaked all over it, too cheap to invest another 60 plus bucks.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Wendy - what is an R.e.m. Spring?

Chubbier-where did you get your threading tool?

I am very tired of waxing.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #42  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I got lucky on the excess hair end of PCOS, I suppose...I only get a few rogue chin hairs about once a month on my face...my big issue is my feet. My feet are hairy and gross, and since they're huge to begin with I end up looking like a hobbit if I don't shave or pluck like a crazy person. That's about the only reason I can think of atm to not hate the cold...in warmer weather I like flip flops or going barefoot, but when I wear 2 pairs of tights and a pair of thick woolen socks every day, I don't have to worry as much about my embarrassing feet.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Wendy - what is an R.e.m. Spring?

Chubbier-where did you get your threading tool?

I am very tired of waxing.
I bought the spring off of amazon. It's a metal coil that you twist and it pulls many hairs out at a time. It's less painful than waxing in my opinion. But it still hurts. It definitely saves time on my chin and upper lip. You can't use it on your eyebrows. It's too big to get that precise. There are instruction videos on YouTube. I love it.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #44  

Living Social by me often has packages for laser, which make it a third to a half of the normal price. Facial hair, especially the lip, is suppose to be some of the hardest to kill hair because of hormones. Most people need at least 6 sessions for the lip, though laser is suppose to work best the darker the hair and the paler the skin.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #45  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi Ladies..
Oh im a plucker too.. some days i over pluck.. I try to keep it under control.
I hate it. but i figure every woman has issues with something..
be happy we can do something about it!
Good luck gals!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote