Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetticat View Post
I don't think I have the privilege to give myself a ticker and write on the side but I started at 209 and am currently at 183ish
looks like we're the same! same height, same starting weight, same goal weight...funny. But, you're a little ahead of me on the current weight...lol
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #317  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Mornin yall! It's Monday - and as jyoyo said - "time to make things right!"...I went a little off plan this weekend, not too bad (I think) but like the rest of yall - I'm feeling a little bloated today - so I'm bettin that's my punishment for eating those choc dipped strawberries and pretzels at that baby shower and that cream cheese filled slice of banana bread my Mom made....can we say, "lesson learned".. don't think it was worth this feeling today! So I'm pickin' myself up off the floor, dusting off my knees and I'm ready to go!

Hope yall have a good day!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #318  

Height: 5'5.5"

Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Kristikins and jyoyo78 don't worry too much about an off plan weekend. Just get right back to it and you'll keep losing. Here's to another on plan week.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #319  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Happy Monday!!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

It was a beautiful weekend here--hope everyone got to spend some time out doors! I got a little too much sun.
amy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I was a little "bad" myself this weekend, but it pretty much happens every Sunday, because my fiance and I go have breakfast with my Dad, so it messes up my whole schedule and the breakfast is never the egg beaters and fruit I should choose! This week was a half order of biscuits and gravy! NOT plan friendly!
And I paid for it this morning. While I know I didn't actually gain an entire pound of fat, I certainly retained a lot of water from my salty, greasy choices. Good thing I don't track my weight until Thursdays!

So I keep thinking maybe I am not doing this to the full potential if you know what I mean. Since I eat 2 meals a day and not the bars for lunch, I hope I am not sort of screwing myself out of the full benefits of the plan. Of course, it doesn't help that I am totally neurotic and obsessive!
So I will just try to stop worrying about it and wait until Thursdays weigh in before making any changes. If Thurs. doesn't look the way I want it to, maybe I will shave 100 calories off my meals and add a fruit drink or another shake to my schedule instead.
I just don't think I could NOT have a real lunch and just eat a bar. Of course that type of food love is how I got here in the first place! lol!
LisaElevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #322  

I guess what I mean would be 50 calories off each meal for a total of 100 cals less "solid foods".

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
Tonight I am doing the second day of my couch to 5k training. Wish me luck ladies, that first day was tough!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

I weighed in this morning and have a loss of .6 lbs. Not huge, but I had some challenges.
First it was the week before TOM. Second, I had another retirement dinner to go to. They had food catered from a bbq joint. I just kept it as low carb as I could since there were no low cal choices. Finally, we were invited to a pizza buffet place last night. Since I knew in advance, I tried to keep my calories low during the day. I ended up eating more than I'd planned, but I did load up on salad and ate only thin crust veggie pizza.
Overall, I think I did ok since I usually pick up ~5 lbs the week before TOM. I'm hoping for a loss this week. I'll have some challenges again this weekend since it's a holiday weekend and we're going camping with friends. I'm going to try to plan my meals and stay active during the day. I plan to go jogging, hiking, jet skiing, and bike riding.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #324  
Calorie Cutting Queen

LizR - thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it - today has definitely been better. It's alot easier to be good when I'm on my regular work schedule!!

LisaElevated - once your tummy shrinks you'll be amazed at how far a bar can take you! My plan is a little different than the WS, as I only get 2 shakes and 1 bar and a meal of my own choosing (no more than 550 cals in my meal tho)...at first I had to have a snack in between my morning shake and my lunch and again between lunch (bar) and afternoon shake. I just deducted those cals from my 550 meal limit; now, I'm not snacking in between much at all - and am having a hard time getting in the whole 550 cals at dinnertime...so I guess I'll have to choose smaller portions of higher cal items...

Harvester - congrats on the loss - .6 is great!! It's better than a gain! AND with all your challenges to face too...not too shabby I'd say! Sounds like your Mem day weekend will be loaded with great exersize opportunities!! Have fun!!! And Be safe!!

Work day is finally over and we're heading to the grocery store - UGH..like THAT'S what I wanna do on Monday afternoon!!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #325  

Just wanted to share my lean and green recipe
1 pcg lean ground bison (my serving was 6 ounces plus the cheese)
1 roma tomatoe, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 Large red peppers, washed, top cut off and inside cleaned out.
some onion, not too much diced, used one thick slice diced.
spices, I used emerils steak rub, garlic and pepper
sprinkle of cheese

Cook meat until nearly browned, drain fat/liquids, add tomatoes, onions and celery, once meat is browned, drain again.

Fill peppers with meat mix . Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25ish mins.

not sure on WS veggies, just got my email from them so I will go through this but I think it is OP. its def. low carb and yummy
Old 05-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #326  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
LizR - thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it - today has definitely been better. It's alot easier to be good when I'm on my regular work schedule!!

LisaElevated - once your tummy shrinks you'll be amazed at how far a bar can take you! My plan is a little different than the WS, as I only get 2 shakes and 1 bar and a meal of my own choosing (no more than 550 cals in my meal tho)...at first I had to have a snack in between my morning shake and my lunch and again between lunch (bar) and afternoon shake. I just deducted those cals from my 550 meal limit; now, I'm not snacking in between much at all - and am having a hard time getting in the whole 550 cals at dinnertime...so I guess I'll have to choose smaller portions of higher cal items...

Harvester - congrats on the loss - .6 is great!! It's better than a gain! AND with all your challenges to face too...not too shabby I'd say! Sounds like your Mem day weekend will be loaded with great exersize opportunities!! Have fun!!! And Be safe!!

Work day is finally over and we're heading to the grocery store - UGH..like THAT'S what I wanna do on Monday afternoon!!
Just an idea though you probably already said it- try making the whole meal, and eating half at one point and half later? should keep your blood sugars more level and you able to eat the whole thing??
Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #327  
Calorie Cutting Queen

splitting the meal is a good idea - I haven't tried it yet -I guess I need to save half of my dinner from the night before for lunch the next day..I may give that a whirl this week...thanks for the idea!!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #328  

Thanks for the recipe and meal splitting ideas Spaghetticat!
I can't get Bison where I am at, but I will try lean ground turkey, because I do miss my mom's stuffed peppers!
Krisikins: Thanks for the input on tummy shrinking, I can definitely see that that would be true. I am trying to incorporate more salads into my lunches too, I have a really hard time with that. I come from an Italian family and we did not have "lunch" growing up. We had supper and dinner! There was no light eating! My mother managed to stay pretty slim, but my poor dad! He's got quite the belly and whenever I visit him, I try to push a light lunch on him too!
We always had meals. Even at lunch time it was a full meal. pretty much dinner before dinner. So it has taken me almost 10 years of living away from home to train myself that I do not need a full meal every time I eat! Not everything has to have a side of pasta and garlic bread, salad CAN be the whole meal! lol!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #329  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaElevated View Post
Thanks for the recipe and meal splitting ideas Spaghetticat!
I can't get Bison where I am at, but I will try lean ground turkey, because I do miss my mom's stuffed peppers!
Krisikins: Thanks for the input on tummy shrinking, I can definitely see that that would be true. I am trying to incorporate more salads into my lunches too, I have a really hard time with that. I come from an Italian family and we did not have "lunch" growing up. We had supper and dinner! There was no light eating! My mother managed to stay pretty slim, but my poor dad! He's got quite the belly and whenever I visit him, I try to push a light lunch on him too!
We always had meals. Even at lunch time it was a full meal. pretty much dinner before dinner. So it has taken me almost 10 years of living away from home to train myself that I do not need a full meal every time I eat! Not everything has to have a side of pasta and garlic bread, salad CAN be the whole meal! lol!

I know what you mean, it is hard to break a habit you were raised with! In my family - Dad always had to have something sweet after every meal - even breakfast...so we'd have biscuits and chocolate gravy (YUM) or donuts (YUM) or pancakes (YUM) and then after lunch/dinner it was always cake or pies...so I grew up with that way of thinking. My Dad is very active - even at 68 and is probably more fit now than he ever was. He's always been a hard worker so never had the extra poundage issue - and neither has my sister...my Mom is able to pack on some pounds but is also able to watch it and get it back off...UGH...and here's me...
Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #330  
Calorie Cutting Queen

I think I've got my ticker!!!