Diet To Go Buddies 2010

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hope things go better Meggo!

GL!
    A.
  • Ok -- been at it a few days now.

Overall, the taste is pleasant. But I'm still bothered by the sodium -- it seems high to me. I'm also feeling the lack of veggies -- I am used to eating a lot more.

I think I'm going to settle at lunch and dinner for 5 days and then get through the breakfasts on my own and cope with the weekends too.

Anyone taking that approach?

A.
  • I do 6 days lunch and dinner and add some veggies as a snack. I have cereal and yogurt for breakfast and sometimes a granola bar for an afternoon snack.
  • It's been a while since I blogged, so I thought I'd start over and "re-introduce" myself, my infant son and I both contracted pneunomia, so I wasn't able to start DTG as soon as I had planned, but now I got my order in, am clear to work out, and soooo beyond motivated!! So here is my "re-intro":

Hi everybody!!

I am new to this thread, and fairly new to 3FC. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Lorie and I live in a tiny, tiny town in Oklahoma. We have no gym, one grocery store, and about 3 gas stations, very small. I am a mother of four children (ages 6 and under).

To make a long story short, I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, and during those back to back pregnancies I gained 90 pounds!!!! I was already overweight, but now I'm sooooo afraid to hit that 300 mark! I want to be alive to see my children grow up, and I want to still be able to move around and play with them.

My plan: I have started DietToGo, the 1200 calorie low fat meal plan, and it is delivered to my house every week. I am also going to walk 6-7 days a week, either on my treadmill, the local high school track, or a mixture of both. My eventual goal will be to do 5 miles each day, but I know right now I'll only be able to do 2, maybe 2 1/2 miles, but I will work up to 5!!! Oh, I weight 280 pounds (my highest weight ever) and my goal (for now, I may lower it after I reach it) is 160 pounds.

How does all that sound? I log on every day and I will be more than happy to help anyone if I can!!!! Good luck everyone!!! I look forward to getting to know you all better!!! Keep reaching for your goals!!!!!

• Quote: Ok -- been at it a few days now.

I think I'm going to settle at lunch and dinner for 5 days and then get through the breakfasts on my own and cope with the weekends too.

Anyone taking that approach?

A.
    Astrophe--yes, I am. It works well for me.

Cheers,

J
  • Yes, astrophe, that's what I do, also. I get lunch and dinner meals delivered, but I don't always use them all during the week. I have been counting calories as well, keeping track at sparkpeople.com. I use the DTG meals as an easy go-to healthy meal when needed...but still eat out, take other self-prepared low carb meals for lunch as well, cooking healthy low-carb meals at home, etc....just keep track of all the calories and carbs. I love the convenience and reliability of the DTG meals.

So far, it's working well...21 lbs gone since January 23. DTG and GWF are da bomb
  • I am new to 3FC and have a question. What does GWF? I see this everywhere since I've joined! Thanks everyone! XOXO OH, happy upcoming Easter!!
  • Lorie - GoWear Fit - made by BodyMedia, just like the BodyBugg.
  • OH!!! Ok, thanks soooo much Terri!!! I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!!
  • I am generally very happy with Diet To Go (although sometimes I think they could do a better job with packing), but this week not so much. My shipment arrived a day late so all of my food was thawed and one meal was missing entirely. I have sent a message to customer service and I am sure that they will be responsive, as I think D2G has good customer service. Nevertheless, I am really not happy this week. Did this happen to anyone else?

J
  • I had trouble with this week, too. The side of my cooler was cracked, and all meals were thawed except the bottom two. I called Friday, they said the meals are good thawed for 5 days or so....I told them I would call back for credit if any seemed 'off' when I opened them. (I get 5 day, lunch and dinner) But I'm still a bit leary, as I had subbed so much that ALL my meals were Salmon or Catfish...Here's hoping for the best!
  • Thanks for the reply, Terri; it is so disappointing! I am generally pretty happy with the service, but this week's shipment was a real let down.

Here's to better delivery next week!

J
  • I have not had any problems with shipping yet (but I've only been on DTG for 3 weeks now). However, I have contacted customer service a few times for some questions as well as menu changes, and they are always pleasant and generally seem like they want to keep their customers happy. So, I think if you keep in contact with them will your concerns they will take care of you. I hope things get better for both of you, keep up the good work, it looks like you both are doing great!!
  • Thanks, glenlorie!

Cheers,

J
  • Thanks, Lorie and J - I absolutely LOVE DTG, so I feel sure that was just a bit of bad luck - and you are right, they are always very pleasant and very helpful! I sub so much, they probably hate to open my meal change form lol! I've had a couple of the meals that were thawed, and they were fine - I think they'll all be ok, as long as I use them in the next 3 days or so.

My scale went back UP a couple of lbs...but I know it's not fat, because I've been very good I'm waiting for it to drop, and take a couple more lbs with it! When I hit 199, I'm going for a manicure/pedicure (first ever!) and rounding up friends for dinner at the Melting Pot. Gotta get busy this week lol!

Keep up the good work girls!