Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #16  

Drinks lots. I find diet pepsi and 9 cal jelly works as it expands in your stomach and makes you feel bloated and full.
Crunchy Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/285/165

Height: 5'6

I brush my teeth when ever I just can't stop thinking about eating, it helps because nothing taste good after you brushed your teeth. I also try to keep cucumbers and lemons on hand s to snack on if I just have to eat something. I also stay away from the TV as it makes me want to eat if I'm vegged out in front of it, so I do allot of book reading.
PhattyHipChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog View Post

Sometimes, when I find myself circling the kitchen, staring into my fridge like the answer to life is in there, I meow at myself. 'Cause I'm acting like a cat waiting for dinner and trying to convince the human to bring it on two hours early. That makes me giggle, which helps break the spell.
I love this! I might try it next time I go to the kitchen for the 4th time in 10 minutes!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #19  

Default Can you share the information with meIm a begginer thanx I would appreciate it..

Please can I have the online OA meetings information they would really help me as incouragement and support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldove97 View Post
I go to an online chat- there's one that has an OA online meeting every 3 hours. If anybody is interested in the site, send me a message- don't want to publicly advertise.
Aztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

I do something which takes my mind off it. Whether that be exercise or read or surf the Internet. If I can find something which captures my interest, I usually forget about eating just because there is nothing else to do.

Alternatively, I have a large glass of water. I then wait about ten minutes and contemplated whether or not I am hungry. That usually helps too. (:
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #21  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I drink beer.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #22  

Gum. I eat the whole pack. It takes about 1 hour to chew it and something about eating the sugar free gum seems to kill the appetite.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #23  

I see this is a very old thread but I am going to post regardless.

I know that I am not responsible for what pops into my head, but I am responsible for what I keep there. To entertain the thought of eating is an act of self torture and will eventually lead to eating.

I have a pact with myself to not eat except when I am hungry, and I do not allow myself to get very hungry. When I am hungry I eat something. I have a card with a list of things I like to eat along with the calories for the portion size I do eat. I then select one or more of them, depending on how many calories I have already ate if applicable. I do not eat breakfast until I am hungry either, that is often close to noon.

As Madalinerosa says a few posts above, I also first ascertain whether I am really in fact hungry. I drink a glass of water then occupy myself with something else of a type that keeps my mind occupied and that often fixes it. However, if it has been a long time since I ate I will just go ahead and prepare something and eat it, usually staying down around 300 calories.

wishing you all the best

B F R
Big Fat Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #24  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I go for a walk around the block, which is a 1-mile loop. Not at an "I'm doing this for exercise" pace, but at an "I'm strolling about" pace. Or, as many other people have said, I drink tea.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #25  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

The first thing I do is get on 3FC to refocus. It has helped me in the past though I'm not home alone much now, before I was a SAHM so I needed to stay out of the kitchen. I also chew Extra Speriment gum, it helps and drink water. I find that if I put 4 bottles beside me it will definitely help.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 119kg/91kg/75kg

Height: 5feet8

I will fill a tea jug with warm water and ginger and lemon and sip at that. Some times though I just have to wait the urge to binge out, for me it will normally disappear in an hour or two at the most.
lena8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #27  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I drink beer.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #28  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

I just stumbled on this (old) thread too. I'd like to comment for what it's worth. And there are some good, and helpful suggestions here, which I will take and try out. I like the ginger and lemon in warm water idea. Love the chicken broth with kale. I do chicken broth, but never thought to try kale in it. Sounds good and healthy. I take walks, I also do hot tea...I love Earl Grey actually. I can get really bored with tv unless I have a project to occupy my hands, a craft of something. I believe in being aware of HALT and use it regularly. I call my sponsor, or a another recovery friend. I read OA literature and journal.

The online site someone mentioned is the TRG.org. (the recovery group). They have online meetings every 3 hrs. I first learned about it and OA on 3fcs, so I think it's ok to share it. We are supposed to take the message of OA and recovery to other compulsive eaters, so no anonymity broken sharing the site. :-) Peace!
swtgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

If I really need to eat something and I'm feeling hungry, I'll make one of those 100 calorie popcorn bags because you get a pretty big amount of popcorn for so few calories. If I can tell that I'm not actually hungry, I'll suck on a lolipop or hard candy or chew gum to distract myself, because a lot of times that's enough.
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #30  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I did a 24 fast the other day so i experienced plenty of thoughts about eating.

If you are resolved to stick to your plan, as i was, then its easy enough to find things to distract yourself with. I found lots of small easy activities to do and took regular breaks between my lazy activities like playing backgammon online or watching a movie and even took an afternoon nap. Keep breaking up time. A bit of cleaning, a few garden chores. Keep the boredom at bay since that's largely also why we feel like eating all the time.

But ordinarily, if i am hungry, or really struggling, i would go for low calorie foods. Even if you have to have a sandwich. Just keep it as healthful as possible. Soeimtes i have a cheese sandwich, or a bowl of fruit salad, All depends on how bad the cravings are and what will do the job.

Bascially if i eat real food, i won't feel i've let myself down to the point where i quit my diet and go the whole hog. But if i do then generally its all over for me. I know many here would not think a cheese sandwich is healthy or diet food, but in my book it is. wholegrain bread, not much butter if any at all, and a couple of slices of real cheese. Not plastic cheese or low fat cheese. Food has to taste good.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote