Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #226  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I'm in! Let's all have a yard sale...or auction...Oh wait...that requires preparation...hmmm. I'm with you, Carol. You can let loose of more things at a yard sale....even broken things and lids with no pots. Folks are so resourceful.

What an afternoon! Rushed trip to the ENT with DD after school--her ears are juicy and bleeding (I can't get her to stop using Q-tips) along with the sinus infection. An hour later, it was back to the dentist for me to redo an old filling. Didn't get to the gym afterwards...mostly slept...and Jaq and MFP are going to yell at me again 'cause I didn't feel like eating much. Took 4-5 hrs for the numbness to go away--doesn't usually take that long. Right as rain now. Yay drugs. It's going to be a looong night and a teeeeeedious looooooong meeting to look forward to first thing at work...hopefully I can use this schedule change to get to the gym earlier tomorrow.

Ugh! The washer is completely done. Black friday can't come soon enough. But Hey! My house is clean! (clean...not organized)

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 11-23-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

SMF Do her ears itch? Mine do, and I don't want to tell you what I use to scratch them. It's not a nice soft Q tip.

Jacqui, my over eating in the evening is a different story. Even if I ate a huge breakfast hunger has nothing to do with it. Once I have the first meal my appetite goes into overdrive. I eat little to no carbs at both breakfast and lunch, but the carbs come into play at dinner or afterwards. I am not asking for advice, so don't go into mother-hen mode. LOL
Old 11-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #228  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

NOW, Carol (you didn't ask ME to go into Mother Hen mode!)...you know you shouldn't dot dot dot. Aw right aw right...but DO keep those knitting needles outta your ears!

Oh I'm fine. My dentist is GREAT; I'm just getting whiny-er as the years go by.

Whehl, my calorie deficit was too much yesterday and I did what I know I hadn't outta: I ate something around 10pm. A Southwest wrap I got for my son. And I ate it before [ominous music Dun dun DUNHH!] checking the calories. It was smaller than a 6inch sub sandwich, but packed a whopping 700 calories. AND there was a bit of bacon in it (bleh) so I drank a bunch of water. And the scale rewarded me with an 8 POUND gain! Are you KIDDING me?!?!? So naturally, I showered, dried my hair and weighed again. This time, only a 2 pound gain from yesterday. Ugh. [Did I really just shower away 6lbs of dirt and salt? This kind of thing happened with my older scale, too.] Even a 2 lb gain is pretty disheartening. Mars, if I ate that candy, you betcha underpants it would show up on the scale the next day.

I'm not planning on a crazy amount of food for Tx. Just my nuclear family which includes a vegetarian and a picky picky eater. DH doesn't eat as much as he used to and the progeny inherited my efficient metabolism, so they're no fun to cook for---food sits around forever, and I don't need that. I'll have some Banana muffins (those go fast), bake some kind of pie, sweet potatoes, bok choy, a quiche, and some inventive dishes--but one meal at a time and dishes that are not too large. Can't wait to see DcollegeD.

Y'all keep posting--I need the distractions.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #229  
maintaining since 9/2013

SMF My scales delays a day or 2 to reflect my transgressions, lol. Your scale sounds whacky. I gotta say mine is very consistent. I can't recall if we reviewed your scale w a fine-toothed comb....

re things in ears, I recall an ENT doc--a really good one-- saying if he had a nickel for every pt he saw with injury due to something stuck in the ear (by an adult), blah blah blah. Nothing smaller than your elbow should go in your ear. There is a single cell layer of skin protecting the bone of the ear canal. End of public service message...

Last edited by mars735; 11-24-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #230  

I just got a call to schedule my Echo. It's on Monday at 7 AM and I have to be there at 6:45. I had an option for later in the day but I want to do it before coffee, and we can go out for breakfast afterwards. I might now feel like eating after I find out what my heart valves are doing, or not doing, in my case.

SMF, close but no cigar. I use the knitting needles to scratch my back. If my ear is itchy I have to scratch it, and Mars, my elbow just doesn't do it!

I prefer to eat when I'm hungry, but DH just left for McDonald's and wouldn't get anything unless I did too. It's not even lunch time yet. I will take the bun off the burger and add lots of lettuce, tomato and onion to it. I had a BOGO Qtr Pounder Coupon.

700 calories in a wrap? 8 lbs as a result? 6 lbs of dirt? LOL it's all too funny for words!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #231  

Mars, I have a turkey fryer but I'm afraid of burning the house down, so I never used it. Maybe for Christmas, and maybe my fire chief son-in-law will come over and supervise.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #232  
maintaining since 9/2013

Carol Maybe you just need to try harder to get that elbow into your ear : pretzel:
Good to get the echo done & early, too. Like you said, it will be good to know instead of speculate or worry.

I'm always concerned I will burn the house down. Every single time I go out, I check the burners. Even if I have to walk back inside from my car. I'm glad someone else will handle the cooking. Deep fried anything is good to my palate. That said, no one in my fam has any business eating it, self included.

SMF Is this your college DS first visit home? Your menu sounds nice...yum on the muffins. I forgot I love bok choy. How do you prepare it? I like it steamed, or braised. I buy the braised version at Chinese takeout)

Back to work!

Last edited by mars735; 11-24-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Today's menu...

Break - Amy's bean/cheese burrito w/tbsp guacamole
Lunch - mini cilantro wontons
Dinner - grilled spicy wings (and I gave two of the eight to hubs), 2 light beers

I cleaned on and off all day, gave dog #1 a good bath, did two loads of laundry AND actually folded all of it and put away.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #234  
maintaining since 9/2013

That's a lot of exercise PQ. You could have had another beer.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
That's a lot of exercise PQ. You could have had another beer.
Im spreading my drinks out over the entire ho,day week.

I'm really trying to Get a lot of jobs done because (1) my house was on the verge of being a sh#t tip (as my hubs would say (2) if I'm busy I don't snack and (3) I have four peeps spending the night Friday (our Thanksgiving) and I need to "get it together" before they get here. Plus, I seem to be really picking up steam energy wise lately.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 11-24-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday! Yesterday, I decided to completely rearrange my kitchen, even switching where I keep the food and dishes in the cabinets. Just as I was working on that, the auction house called. I thought they were putting out all new Black Friday type items and we were going to put out things next week, but they wanted us to put out 5 tables of Christmas stuff this week! So I dropped everything I was doing right in the middle of it, and went to work on auction stuff. I had not sorted through all our "to get rid of" Christmas decorations and had to do that. Then I had to go and set up the tables and a tree with ornaments. It took hours! Then I got to come back home to the chaos of my kitchen being completely torn up. I finally got my kitchen cleaned and rearranged, and now my dining room looks like a hurricane hit it with all the extra clutter I cleared out of the kitchen! That will be my project today. Thank goodness I don't have to cook all day! We are going to my brother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving and all I have to bring are mashed potatoes.

SMF, no, I won't be yelling at you, lol! I was so busy yesterday, I skipped lunch myself. And my scale is giving me heck for it! Besides, I totally get not wanting to eat after having dental work! I hope you DD's ears heal quickly, and have a great visit with your college DD!

Carol Sue, my guess is bobby pins. My sister used to always scratch her itchy ears with bobby pins. I hope your echo goes well!

Mars, my Thanksgiving dinner menu will be very standard Thanksgiving comfort food: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes (I don't like yams, which will also be there), noodles, gravy, usually some kind of veggie casserole, deviled eggs, roll or cream bread and butter, and pie and cake, with iced tea and then hot tea to drink. Nothing fancy but everything wonderfully yummy!

PrairieQueen, sounds like a productive day! I bet your Thanksgiving is going to be amazing with all your garden foods!

Rennie, where are you?

My scale is letting me have it! For some reason, I weighed 170.5 yesterday morning, up a lb from the day before, and this morning I weigh 173! I ate hotdogs and black beans the night before last, and sometimes that meal causes me to hold a little water, but a lb's worth? And then yesterday, I skipped lunch, didn't drink a whole lot because I stayed so busy, had bbq meatballs for dinner (there's sugar in the sauce, so that didn't help), had salted pumpkin seeds (I have a love-hate relationship with those things!), and because I was probably dehydrated, I drank a bottle of water during the night, and boy oh boy, am I paying for it! I had hoped to get to 169-flat by Thanksgiving morning, but I've gone the wrong direction! I'll have to make sure I drink a LOT of water today, and try to shed a little bit of this before tomorrow's BIG Carb day.

Week 26:
11/1--DNW (forgot before we started eating breakfast)
11/2--DNW (left at 3:45 am for a 12-13 hr drive)
11/3--174
11/4--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/5--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/6--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/7--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!) Carb Day

Week 27: High 174, Low 171
11/8--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/9--173.5
11/10--173
11/11--174
11/12--172.5
11/13--171.5
11/14--171 Carb Day

Week 28: High 173, Low 171
11/15--173
11/16--172.5
11/17--172
11/18--172
11/19--172
11/20--171
11/21--171

Week 29:
11/22--170
11/23--169.5
11/24--170.5
11/25--173
11/26--
11/27--
11/28--

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 11-25-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #237  
maintaining since 9/2013

Jacqui I am exhausted reading about your day!!!! You know you will back down into the 160s before you now it--your body knows the way. Sounds like a wonderful feast!

I'm happy to report I am back in the 160s by a hair, 169.5. I can't wait to get the darned peanuts out of the house!

I think the advice for people with itchy ears is to use a medication for it rather than scratch. I used to work with a doc who was really passionate about this subject. My 2 cents is that if you are using something in your ear, don't multi-tak, just focus on that. I've seen a few ear drum perforations from the multi tasking/thing in ear issue. That's to file in the 'It's always something' category I guess!

It sounds like we are having relaxing Tx Days---how great is that!
Old 11-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #238  

Today my weight is back down to 199. SeeSaw. I am trying to be really careful today and drink lots of water. I would love to see 198 tomorrow morning, first time in a while.

My pumpkin pies are in the oven. I almost forgot to put the sugar in! Yikes! DH would have been so mad. Usually when I'm baking, I get all the ingredients out before I start, then put each one away as I use it. Didn't do that today. Just shows I need to get back to that habit. One time my mother made home made bread and forgot to put the salt in it. You wouldn't think it would make that much of a different, but it did.

I will settle everyone's curiousity and say that it's the cap from a Bic pen. You know it has that little extention that is supposed to clip the pen to a man's pocket. Well, it does great on scratching my ear. I will add that it's itchy on the outer part, not clean in where the drum is, but in the past the DR has seen scratch marks in there. He never offers me anything to medicate. He wants to do things like MRI's etc. He is really big on testing, and that's why I always thought he got a kick back. One time a NP at his office gave me ear drops and they helped, but after they ran out the itchiness came back. I think it has something to do with my psoriasis.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #239  
maintaining since 9/2013

Congrats on Onederland Carol!

Good thing you remembered the sugar...Sounds likeyour DH would detect it's absence. I bet Jacqui would like it even w/out sugar I;ll bet your kitchen smells divine!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #240  

Congrats on the drops ladies! I hope everyone's ready for their feasts and has a nice time with family and friends. We're having ours Friday, so I'll precook some things tomorrow. There will just be six of us but that's the way I like it....no drama either.

Jacqui I'm exhausted from just imagining getting all if those jobs done!. It takes me forever to go through things.....I can never seem to make up my mind on what to do with the items....keep, sell, give away, trash. I'm sure you know the drill.

Today's menu....

Break - Amy's bean/cheese burrito w/tbsp guacamole and Coke Life
Lunch - mini chicken/cilantro wontons
Dinner - cheesy potato/ham casserole in the slow cooker, sweet corn
No snacks tonight! Gotta get under 150 by Christmas (or at least New Year's)

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 11-25-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Closed Thread