Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #46  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Good evening all!
I hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was pretty good. I'm proud of myself for finally saying something to my boss about a co-worker that tends to make rather rude sexist/preachy remarks to me and others at the front desk. I feel like he knows what he is doing, but just doesn't care or thinks he can get away with it b/c he's a man (and other old-fashioned bs). Lol, needless to say, we have a difference in opinion on many matters. Somedays I can handle him better than other days, just depends.
As for today in my WW world, I've had very weird cravings today. I, for awhile, have had very weird addiction to Reduced Fat Peanut Butter. It's kind of been my sweet substitue, so I don't eat a lot of other crap. I finally, after two weeks, broke down and bought another jar. I seriously love it, and I can't explain why. I've also decided to only let my husband prepare the burgers he froze, as I made some today and they weren't cooked all the way through (even though I felt like they cooked forever). I just wanted something tasty to eat with my coriander chutney packets that I have in the freezer, as before I had eaten them with deep fried poppadums which are tasty, but alas fried. Guess I will have to eat them with bread.

Paint: Congrats on the new clothes in much smaller sizes! That is always a good feeling. I like skorts personally, as it's not the aggravation of having your legs together all the time, you can be more casual with it (I hope you understand what I mean, lol).

Suite: Thanks for the reassurances with the exercise! I just need to get back into the mood of doing it this week and I'll be good to go. I just didn't feel like doing anything today, I was being really bad about eating and exercise. I usually don't take measurements, but that would probably make me feel better about the whole experience as well. I'm going on vacation at the end of July, so I hope like you, not to gain a whole bunch of weight. It is my first vacation since I've been on WW. Good luck with your camping trip and hope you have fun!
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #47  
Rachel

Wink

Wow, I'm the last one to post yesterday and the first to post today! I feel like a big ball of sweat atm, as I just finished my Hip Hop Abs video and trying to cool down (thank you rotating fan). I feel better to have done it, esp as I did nothing yesterday. I've got to catch up on my journaling, as I've been really bad with it lately. May try the Qijong/Tai Chi video tomorrow if I can translate it (mostly in Chinese), either that or I'm hitting up You Tube as I've heard you can watch exercise videos on there as well.
I'm so excited about my mini-break coming up the end of July, it's the first getaway we've had in ages. Going down to Savannah and I've never been. Would love to get some Moroccan food while I'm down there, as I've heard from my parents that they have a good restaurant there. Will have to go to a Brit pub for my DH as he would enjoy a bit of home.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #48  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Life has been as crazy as always and as sane as never.

Rachel - Don't worry about the weight gain. Just stay on track and it will be gone again in no time. The best you can do is learn from your gain--what happened, what was your trigger and what can you do differently? Also, about the exercise, there are a number of myths here. The truth is that muscle does not weigh more than fat. Muscle is simply more dense than fat. You may not notice a decrease in the number on the scale but your fat deposits could be getting smaller. It's important to measure yourself when you're exercising for weight loss because your body could be smaller than what it is now but still weigh the same or more. And yes, the PT workout has been kicking my ***. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for his advice, though, because I like being on my own at the gym after somebody shows me the ropes. I still feel uncomfortable in my skin. I just read your last post about going to get Moroccan food...please take me with you! :Puppydogface

Kim - SIZE 8!!!!!! Who cares if the sizing is off!? Take a picture of the tag and plaster that baby on your fridge like an award. Woohoo!!

Jaime - I'm crossing my fingers for you on your camping trip. I know it's tempting when you're with friends and there's a lot of good food around. Pick a couple of things to taste and just have the taste. Eat slow and don't forget your snacks! It'll help to have an afternoon snack so that you don't overdo it at dinner time. I know you'll come back in good shape. You can do it.

=============

My boyfriend and I had a somewhat quiet weekend. Saturday at the gym we totally kicked *** and both of us were a collective ball of sweat when we left. I'm so thankful that he comes to the gym with me and does the same activities as I do. It really gets me going sometimes when I don't feel like going because I know that if I don't go, he won't go and I don't want to quit on the team. Strange how we'll do things for other people but not ourselves. We did some good cooking this weekend and played a lot of Wii and Wii Fit.

The most exciting part of my weekend was on Sunday. We went to a Dick's Sporting Goods store to get an exercise ball. While we were there, I decided to take advantage of a sale on sports bras and workout clothes. I also decided to try on a bathing suit just for fun. I haven't owned a suit since I was about 13. The idea of walking around in a skin tight uniform, quite frankly, made me feel very uncomfortable. I tried on a suit in a size 12 and not only did it fit, but it didn't look bad. It didn't look great but I didn't absolutely hate it, either. I may just feel okay enough to go swimming before the end of the summer. As a former size 24-26, this is a big step for me.

The next thing coming up in my world is the 4th of July weekend. My boyfriend and I are heading to his parents place in the South. I'm nervous but preparing myself for it. I'm close with his family and they know about my journey on WW so they're very supportive. His mom wrote to me to ask if there were food items I needed or wanted--but also mentioned the rib cookoff they're having on Saturday the 5th. Oye. I know it's weeks away but I can already feel my stomach expanding for 8 servings of ribs.

Motivating thought for the day: I'd rather feel my ribs than eat some.

Last edited by sunshower; 06-24-2008 at 11:33 AM.
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

LeeAnne,

That's awesome about the swimsuit!! Woohoo!! Mine is still a 16/18W, but I remember a time when I was in a 12. I'd LOVE to get back in a 12!!

JennT
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #50  

Copied this over from the Supporting Each Other thread in the general WW section.

We had a good weekend. Made last minute plans to go down to my in-laws' house in Northern VA. My sis-in-law's boyfriend invited us to come down because at dh's parents' house they were going to do brats on the grill and watch a movie in the yard, and another time during the weekend they were going to head into Washington, D.C. and check out one of the Smithsonian museums. I had done really well on my points for the day before that, so I was able to stay OP and have the brats, corn on the cob, etc.

Of course Saturday I did alright during the day, then got off track with dinner, and Sunday as well. Sunday was the trip into D.C., and after spending about 4 hours walking around the Museum of Natural History, we drove into Chinatown and ate at a restaurant there. I can't even imagine how many points I ate with dinner, but at least I had earned some activity points, right?

Coming home...BLAH. Our transmission went out on our van...again. Last time was September '06. We weren't able to get the work done until that December, so we got 1.5 years out of the transmission they put in (a used one). This time it started acting weird about 55 miles from home. We nursed it along and thought it was doing better. Then it died on us about 15 miles from home.

UGH!!!! Thank goodness we have an auto club, but we were worried that we would not be able to get it towed home or to our shop, because this auto club usually only tows to the closest shop to where you are. I guess since we were on the Interstate, in the middle of nowhere, really, they were actually able to get us all the way home. 15 miles is really nothing. We've had far longer tows in the past with AAA, but we were worried about this one.

It was a relief to get home. The poor tow truck guy traveled about an hour to our hometown...then further to where we were stuck. But he was a heck of a nice guy who got out of bed when he learned there was a family with two children stuck on the Interstate.

Now, not a clue what to do about the van. It's here, but we can't afford new work on it. We're supposed to be buying, for a very reduced rate, one of my parents' cars. The trick now is getting it, since they are about 2 h 20 min - 3 hours (depending on the route) north and gas prices are killing everyone. We'll at least have 2 cars while we're figuring the van out. Darnitall...I love that van, too. But now I want to cry!! Last repair we had on it was in November, and that was for the compressor, which ran us $200-some. The transmission job, because it was a used part, was $1,300 in December '06. We just don't have that, and we can't keep putting money into the thing, which makes me want to cry because we only bought it ('99 Town & Country) in June '06.

*Sigh*

And then explaining to my parents... We're very close to both sides of the family, both dh's and mine. But since we moved here in November '05, we've been to his parents' house many more times than to mine. For his part, it's because for 6 years we lived 15 minutes from my parents and saw them all the time. We'd go as many as 6 mos between seeing his parents. Also, most of his siblings are still at home or are local (only one lives away from home, like we do) and there's always something going on.

But anymore, my side of the family feels very hurt every time we go to VA, especially if the visits are all close together. And in this case, I understand. We went to VA two weekends in a row in May, for BiL's bachelor party weekend (and we cancelled plans with my family because of the bachelor party being planned last-minute) and then the wedding. And now 3 weeks later, we were back down for another visit. In the meantime, I think it's been since April that we all went up to see my parents, and since Mother's Day weekend since the kids & I went (dh had a commitment he had to make).

*Sigh...Sigh*

So my mom gets hurt and I can hear it in her voice. We have the annual family reunion coming up for dh's dad's side of the family, in less than 2 weeks. It's the same weekend every year, so we've very rarely spent the 4th of July with my family. A couple times when it wasn't close enough tot he reunion to be meshed with it, but that's it. We do want to see them, too, it's just the way recent months have worked out.

Anyway. Sorry for my ramble/rant. I'm just stressed now because of the van, and money, and because my side of the family gets hurt every time we make a trip to VA. And this time, we were already on the road when my mom called to say it was a good weekend for my sister and BiL because BiL was off, and we could come up if we wanted.

The GREAT news for me is that when I weighed myself Saturday morning, I was actually .2 lbs below my 2nd mini-goal. Almost 10 lbs lost since joining WW in April...over 10 lbs lost since I set my first mini-goal several months ago (before WW).

I think I need to go for a walk. Actually, I do need to go for a walk. Since we're at one car right now, and I was on the phone with my mom when dh needed to get back to work after lunch, and I need to pick up the mail and get some milk and cereal, I do need to go for a walk. Need to put the 4 y/o in the stroller and walk down one way to the post office, then back the other way to the store.

Hey, at least I'll work off some of the the NOT good for me food I ate over the weekend, right? And will hopefully walk off some of the stress/anxiety I'm feeling.

JennT

Last edited by luvmyfam; 06-24-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #51  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sunshower, loved your motivating thought, rather feel the ribs than eat them, that's great!!

Luvmyfam, I feel your pain, not quite as drastic, but we had a great vacation, perfect weather and kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, well we have a blazer which is kind of like your van, only I haven't renewed the AAA for awhile, and almost did before vacay, but didn't get around to it.

So, of course on the last day when we went up to our land for one quick day up there, on the way home, we stopped for an ice cream and old Blazey died right there. About an hour from home, we were at a loss for awhile and then DH thought of calling the nephews, of course one's on vacation and one's on drill for the Guard, but the future niece says we'll come get you, so her and SiL came up for a rescue and an ice cream.

Still not sure what the damage is going to be on Blazey, not ready for a new one, but it's 12 years old and who knows what, it looks like the fuel pump, which is expensive (we've replaced at least one already, I'm thinking this could be the third) because it's in the gas tank and takes lots of labor $$$ oh well, what can you do.

We went for a quick walk and did some running, made it further up the hill than in the past, I think next time I can make it all the way up, anyhow, now vacation is over I'm ready to commit to my program again.

Chey, I bought some of those Hebrew Nat 97% fat free hot dogs, can't wait to try them, I'm thinking I eat 93% fat free hamburger, what's the diff. It didn't look like there's anything really different between them and regular ones in the ingredients, so I guess they just use leaner meat. Still haven't found the turkey cheddar brats, but keeping watch. Thanks for the info.

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 06-24-2008 at 08:41 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #52  

Hey there fellow flexers - I'm going to go ahead and excuse myself from the forum for a week and a half. I have been incredibly busy at work this week, pulling 11 hour days (ugh) and going home only to do more work... All in preparation of leaving tomorrow for our little vacation. I am going to be similarly busy today and tomorrow, then we're going to be camping and visiting with people in Ottawa and I won't be spending much time at a computer. So I figured I'd pop in quickly now and say all that instead of just disappearing

I hope you all have a wonderful week/week and a half, enjoy your holidays (Canada Day & July 4!), have fun, be healthy and happy, and I'll see you all when I come back - hopefully without 6 pounds of vacation weight packed on!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #53  

Hi Jaime -

I am new here and had hoped to chat with you before your vacation - but I will be here when you get back! Have a terrific time and lots of fun!

Hi everyone - I would love to join you. I put out a post about meetings, online or at home so hoping to get some good responses! I have had great success with WW in the past but let it fall to the wayside and then tried a few other programs iwht little success but I am getting back on the horse and looking forward to reaching goal with you all! I was just hoping to find a positive, upbeat and successful group and I think this is it!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

LM
lilliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #54  
live. love. travel.

Hey LM! Welcome to the group. I have only recently started posting (I'm sure you can tell by my post count) but I really like the group in here and I think everyone has interesting things to say. I hope you stick around.

Jenn - I wish I remembered a time when I was a size 12!! Haha. Sadly, I've been overweight my entire life. Yup, I was "the fat kid". I'm still fat (especially according to my Wii Fit trainer who likes to remind me every day) but I'm thin in comparison to the way I've been living my whole life. Congrats on reaching your second mini goal!! Hopefully that was a little pick me up with all of your van drama. UGH! What a pain. In other news, I really hear you on the parental situation. My boyfriend and I moved to Philly and neither of our families live close. It's ridiculously expensive to go home to where my family is in Nova Scotia, Canada and his family is divided between Cleveland and southern West Virginia. It's not exactly convenient to see either side. We went to his place for Thanksgiving, my place for Christmas and haven't been 'home' again since. It's just far too expensive to fly or drive with the cost of gas. My parents came to visit us a few weeks ago and his parents started to whine saying they haven't seen us in so long so we should come down. (Why can't they come up and visit?? ) So we are planning to go there for the 4th of July. As soon as I told my parents that, they started asking when we will be heading back to Nova Scotia to see them. *sigh*. I love to see the families, don't get me wrong, but if they keep up the battle, we're going to be poor.

Jaime - I hope you have a great time on your vacation in the Mother Land. Give the fresh air and lack of pollution in Canada a little air-hug for me.

===============

I unlocked a new program on the Wii Fit last night--6 minute Advanced Step in the aerobics section. Let me tell you, I was out of breath by the end of it! I didn't do so well so, stupidly, I decided to try it again. My butt was sore by the time it was over! I also unlocked some new balance games and rhythm boxing. I am loving the whole set up so far and I love how I get rewarded with new activities by doing other ones.

Made some Mexican chili burgers last night and they were fantastic! I love being able to grill. It's so much faster than cooking inside it seems and it also seems like there's less cleanup. Not that I do dishes but you know. My DBF and I have an agreement that whoever cooks doesn't clean which I have no problems with.

Tonight I am on board for going to the gym even though it's my first day with TOM in town. It always makes me feel so crampy, sore and crappy so I'm hoping some good cardio and stretching will bring me out of my unpleasant funk. Tomorrow is WI and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't show a gain like I normally do during TOM because I have been working so hard at the gym all week. Wish me luck!

Motivational thought for the day - When an egg breaks by a power outside, a life ends. When an egg breaks by a power inside, a life begins. Great things always begin from the power inside!

Last edited by sunshower; 06-25-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #55  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone! Never posted in here post... but thought rather then making a new thread I would ask here...

I did WW meetings a couple years ago and then switched to calorie counting... anyway now I am just doing it online. I guess this is week 3 - not real loss yet... but hopefully soon.

My question is AP's... do you eat them? I know that you should eat all your daily ones (mine is 25)... but if I earn 4 more from going for a jog is it a good idea to eat them? or not to eat them? of course if I am hungry I will...

Last edited by sotypical; 06-25-2008 at 11:28 AM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #56  
live. love. travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
Hi Everyone! Never posted in here post... but thought rather then making a new thread I would ask here...

I did WW meetings a couple years ago and then switched to calorie counting... anyway now I am just doing it online. I guess this is week 3 - not real loss yet... but hopefully soon.

My question is AP's... do you eat them? I know that you should eat all your daily ones (mine is 25)... but if I earn 4 more from going for a jog is it a good idea to eat them? or not to eat them? of course if I am hungry I will...
Exactly. Listen to your body. If you feel good before you start your activity and don't feel any weakness or hunger afterwards, your body may not need the extra calories. If you feel like you should eat something, then eat something.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #57  

Keli-I'm sorry about your Blazer! It's good that you were near family, though. When the compressor went in the van in November, at least my parents were right there. We were coming up to see my grandmother in the hospital, and my parents were already around. Since we live about 45 minutes away from there, they were able to help us out with their AAA (we knew our present auto club would only tow locally where we were) and getting us home. This was a pain.

Oh, and those 97% fat free Hebrew Nationals are yummy! Even dh likes them and he's more reluctant than me to try low fat stuff.

Jaime-Enjoy your camping trip!! Oh, and Canada is so beautiful for that. My family camped up in a Provincial Park up in Ontario one year, when I was in high school. LOVED it. We'll miss you here, but I'm glad you checked in and let us know.

LM-I'll read your post about meetings/online shortly. I haven't done it online *officially*, other than here. But I did try out a meeting, and I'm actually doing it at-home, with the support of these groups.

LeeAnne-Hey, you're there NOW. That's the most important thing, right? It's fantastic. Last time I was in a 12 was 10-12 years ago, from my son's birth on until he was about one or maybe 2 (he turned 12 in March). So it's been a long time.

Your Wii Fit sounds awesome. If there's any NEW gaming system I'd be willing to invest in, it's the Wii, because it requires active involvement from the players.

Courtnie-About the APs...My understanding is that you do not have to use them. But if you are feeling hungry, then do so.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #58  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hi Flex folk!

Sorry I HAVE just vanished for the last 10 days or so. Its been very full and I've just been too wiped to post. I, too, am leaving for vacation this Thursday. Trying to pack this morning and most of my summer clothes are TOO BIG...while this is a good thing I am getting a bit frustrated with myself for not checking that out earlier while I had time to buy a couple new things. Perhaps we can do a bit of shopping while we are gone...and DH will just have to enjoy seeing me in the same things over and over The dress I set as my goal dress to wear to the wedding not only fits, but it's a bit big too...I might actually just wear something else. A simple black cocktail dress with bright jewelry and heels...the wedding is in LA, that would be OK, right?

I keep on keeping on...a friend died on Father's day and that was a long sad week, funeral, making food for the family, etc...the next week we had house guests and crazy work schedules as well. It is weird how we work so hard just to leave for a few days... Anyway, I will check in when I come back in July.

GREAT eating ideas Chey, thanks for posting those, I'm going to save them

BB-thrilled for you that Core seems to be working!

Suite
have a great time on your trip and Happy Anniversary!

Kel
good job on your vacay...I hope to do similar

Faerie Hang in there thru all the new challenges.

Everyone new, I look forward to getting to know you later in the summer

Happy Summer Holidays to all...enjoy the time with the people that are important to you!!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #59  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I have been MIA. Busy weekend (wedding and family event) and I've been in a class all week for work, plus working at night after the class is over. Eating was great until Sunday... I need to get back on track tomorrow. The pastries and cookies at the class site aren't helping at all. I'll write more when I can!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #60  
Rachel

Question

Today has been an interesting day. When my husband came home from lunch, he thought I had clogged the toilet, as he had to plunge it and nothing was happening. He had called the maintenance guys at our apt complex to tell them the water from the kitchen sink and upstairs toilet was draining into the toilet downstairs that was "clogged", lovely lovely. So can't clean any dishes or take a shower. The maintenance guys told us that the pipes for the whole block of apartments was clogged and it wasn't my fault, so then we just had to wait for them to get finished, which of course didn't happen till after I had to leave for work (so I got to take a shower at work). I've been feeling out of sorts since then. I'm achy from my workout yesterday and really tired all of a sudden, and I can't concentrate on anything. I'm just feeling generally blah.
On a side note, "golden child" brother is in town for a visit, before I'm guessing he goes back to school to finish writing his Master's thesis. Lol, the ironic thing is I told one of my friends about him coming into town last night after he had called me and at first she was like "oh well I'll be out of town until Fri night so we can't hang out," to which I was kinda surprised as they have this on-and-off-again thing going for awhile. Then she comes back and with "Let him come over Fri night and we'll all play poker together," to which I giggled at b/c I knew she couldn't resist him. I mean in a way I guess I should be weirded out that my friend and my brother keep hooking up, but now I'm kind of like "whatever, they can do what they want, they're adults." I hope that made sense, I know it was a little rambly.

Sunshower: Congrats on the swimsuit try on!

Luv: Sorry your van broke down again, and about having to split time between your family and your DH's. With me and my husband, it's a bit different as my family is spread out throughout the South and his family is all in England. He's not seen his in 2 1/2 yrs and it will probably be close to 4 before we are able to afford a trip over.

Kelijpa: Sorry your Blazer broke down during your vacation as well, but sounds like you guys had a good vacation anyways.

Lilliemarie: Welcome to the WW Flex Group! This is a very good group of supportive ladies. I hope that you enjoy it.

Manick: Congrats on getting smaller than your goal dress, even if that means having to find a new outfit to wear to the wedding!
I know how hectic it can be in real life, but I find (and hopefully you do too) that talking to this group keeps me grounded and helps me out a lot.